Dawarig

Calling card proof?

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
After reading this post I called my cable company and they do have an international plan a lot cheaper than the calling card I was using. I got rid of my movie channel and will pay for the international calls instead. Through Comcast I will get 300 minutes for $14.95 per month to call 100 Countries. I didn't realize I could already call Canada and PR for free. Also I can request phone logs with the number I called and the minutes.

Thank you guys for all your help because it is so important when you get to the Embassy stage to have proof of ongoing relationship.

How can you make calls through comcast?? I have comcast but know nothing about it. And you can call the middle east??

Comcast offers telephone service as well as television service. However, I'm not sure about where all you can call with it.

.·*¨) ¸.·*¨) ¸.·*¨*

(¸.*´ ¸.·´*'~*Ney~* (¸.*´~*

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free.

- JW von Goeth

----------------------------------------------------------------

A special shout out to a wonderful lady named Jenna and the love of her life Faut!!!

LAF~

Timeline for my wonderful son & beautiful future daughter

08/27/09 K-1 Package Mailed

09/01/09 NOA1

10/14/09 NOA2 (43 Days from NOA1)

10/16/09 NVC Recieved

10/21/09 Forwarded to US Embassy in UAE

02/21/10 Interview (173 Days from NOA)

02/22/10 AP

03/07/10 Visa is ready for pick up

03/12/10 They are going to Dubai for her visa

03/18/10 Visa in hand!

4/2/2010 POE - Washington DC

4/3/2010 Arrive in Memphis

4/7/2010 Marriage by Imam! 1st Wedding

4/9/2010 Cinderella Wedding! 2nd Wedding

Officially Husband & Wife!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
After reading this post I called my cable company and they do have an international plan a lot cheaper than the calling card I was using. I got rid of my movie channel and will pay for the international calls instead. Through Comcast I will get 300 minutes for $14.95 per month to call 100 Countries. I didn't realize I could already call Canada and PR for free. Also I can request phone logs with the number I called and the minutes.

Thank you guys for all your help because it is so important when you get to the Embassy stage to have proof of ongoing relationship.

How can you make calls through comcast?? I have comcast but know nothing about it. And you can call the middle east??

Comcast offers telephone service as well as television service. However, I'm not sure about where all you can call with it.

Comcast is not only a cable provider, they are also a broadband provider. They provide internet access and phone service. Their phone service is VoIP which means they route all of your calls over the internet. That is, a good portion of the trip between you and the person you are calling is over the internet, but not the entire trip of course. This allows them to bypass conventional telephone system networks for the majority of the trip, which lowers the cost of the call for them and, in turn, you as well. Not sure what specific options Comcast offers since I don't use them, but many allow you to make calls using software from your computer and also place a small box between a "normal" phone and your internet connection which allows you to place calls using their service. Most providers give you this box (for a fee). Some VoIP services let you to call a number from your cell phone that allows you to type in the number of your final destination, which allows you to use their service from any cell phone as well. Not sure if Comcast does this.

Comcast lists all countries they let you call on their website. Note that Skype also has a similar service that is cheaper than Comcast and gives you unlimited minutes (it also lets you call from your cell phone). However, Skype does not offer deals to Pakistan at this time.

Edited by rsn

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'm using this phone card long time; the phone card company they can not provide me call history where I called, how long did I talked etc. So if I Print out phone card transaction like how much I purchased would the consular accept that if I explain the situation.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I'm using this phone card long time; the phone card company they can not provide me call history where I called, how long did I talked etc. So if I Print out phone card transaction like how much I purchased would the consular accept that if I explain the situation.

Your question was answered on page 1:

Where is the experts people I have one question, I hope you guys can help me. Me and my fiancée we communicate on the phone I use calling card phone from CallingCardPlus.com, but it don't show her phone number it just show only transactions how much I purchased is that good proof? what you guys think.

Appreciate your help

Nope. It proves only that you spend the specified amount of money on calling card minutes. If you're going to use phone calls as evidence, then you need something that connects your telephone number to her telephone number.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Where is the experts people I have one question, I hope you guys can help me. Me and my fiancée we communicate on the phone I use calling card phone from CallingCardPlus.com, but it don’t show her phone number it just show only transactions how much I purchased is that good proof? what you guys think.

Appreciate your help

No! Totally useless. It's the same as me proving I've bought plane ticket to visit as unspecified country - Proves nothing!

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Timeline
So you saying card phone is not proof of on going relationship?.

If there's no way of showing WHO you're using it to phone, then is DEFINITELY 100% useless as proof. Find one that keeps a record of calls. I'm sure there's people on here that can point you to a few

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

If there's no way of showing WHO you're using it to phone, then is DEFINITELY 100% useless as proof. Find one that keeps a record of calls. I'm sure there's people on here that can point you to a few

I use uniontelecard.com and load the data monthly into an Excel application. I track all by month and year-to-date summary. I can produce all including original data for documentation.

if you send a card or package, go to the post office window and have them put the stamps on it. They will give you a receipt showing the destination country.

Remember all consulars are not the same some are too picky they ask more evidence, and some are easy they are not too picky so it depends.

You can tell yourself that all you like. Your question has been answered numerous times. I'm sure you don't like the answers that you've received, but that's not going to change the harsh reality of this situation. Used phone cards are useless. They prove nothing. They prove that someone called someone else. Only with call logs can you prove that you called your fiance.

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
Remember all consulars are not the same some are too picky they ask more evidence, and some are easy they are not too picky so it depends.

You can tell yourself that all you like. Your question has been answered numerous times. I'm sure you don't like the answers that you've received, but that's not going to change the harsh reality of this situation. Used phone cards are useless. They prove nothing. They prove that someone called someone else. Only with call logs can you prove that you called your fiance.

I know my question has been answered so what,,, is there something bothering you ??? let me know.

Timeline

I use uniontelecard.com and load the data monthly into an Excel application. I track all by month and year-to-date summary. I can produce all including original data for documentation.

if you send a card or package, go to the post office window and have them put the stamps on it. They will give you a receipt showing the destination country.

When I've sent something to America to my gf, I've actually asked the guy behind the counter to write her name and address on the receipt and stamp it. He was more than happy to do so. That proves it was actually going to her, and not just to 'someone' in her country.

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Comcast is a Cable TV company that is located in various parts of the country. They also offer Cable Internet and local phone service. For the local phone service, they usually attach a large grey modem box to the exterior of your house where the electric and old land line service enters. They coordinate with your local Telco about transferring your existing phone number to their service. They splice into the same wires entering your home that provided your old land line service.

Technically it is VoIP that modulates at a different frequency than the TV or Internet service you have with them. It is full bandwidth phone service what is unaffected by your TV or Internet use. Sound quality is equal to Telco's land line. Your phone service will go down with any electrical power outages in your neighborhood, same as your Cable TV service would - and you are watching a battery operated TV.

Vonage and other VoIP companies like Google Voice, Yahoo Voice, Gizmo5 who use a "soft phone" application on your computer to make and receive calls use a part of your allocated Internet service bandwidth for phone calls. If you are doing some heavy downloading, the quality of your phone calls will decrease. Comcast's local phone service is unaffected by your Internet or Cable TV use.

They always are offering promo deals, and package offers to get new customers. Beware of contracts and hidden costs.

If you are simply looking for cheaper phone calls, try one of the "rechargeable phone card" services as found on the Internet, then use your exixting phone to place the calls. www.pincity.com and www.idt.net have been the most reliable in my experience with no monkey business and hidden charges.

The lowest cost service will probably give you the lowest quality service and cost you more in the long run. Connection fees, rounded minutes ex. 6 minutes minimum for all calls even if you only talk 1 minute, weekly service charges, no online call date records, are all part of the phone card game.

Its a savage industry with phone cards, they seem to work fine for some people who can burn up a $5 card all in one shot.

Most Telcos, cellular and cable telephone providers offer an International Calling Package, where you get a competitive rate on overseas calls for around $5 extra per month. Mind you that these utility based outfits also will charge you local and federal tax plus other fees that will make the $0.21 per minute call to the Philippines actually $0.33 when they add in the taxes. This is why I stick with my choices for overseas calls - no extra taxes! Skype and Gizmo5 are also good if you want to make calls from your computer, but remember to close down all unnecessary programs when using these "soft phone" services.

Hope this helps!

NM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.