eros_EX_Plumber

Interview failed....Manila Embassy...

116 posts in this topic

I feel sad to hear this.. i remembered Josephine a fellow Vj member..

she told me she failed after her interview because of her NBI clearance.

but after 3 weeks she got her visa..

sometimes God has His own reason.. He gives us test that will strengthen us..

I will keep you both in my prayers and i know you will pass all the test.

Thanks Kaibigan...

Can Josephine give us more details, what was the next step she did?

I am trying to figure out what the options are from an honest mistake..

.especially in our case when the mistake was made from a foreign government putting the wrong birth date on a certificate...

Any help is greatly appreciated at this time.....

did you asked your fiancee all the details ? Maybe she just need an additional documents like what happened to me and i thank god after two weeks they approved my visa...dont lose your hope God is always with us ok..God bless you both..

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I certainly hope that you haven't been as harsh on her as you have been towards her here. I am sure she feels bad enough already.

My husband was denied a visa because he made the mistake of telling the CO that he had 2 relatives in the US. A sister and an ex brother in law. They got confused and thought that these 2 were married then divorced, and in fact the ex brother in law was from a different sister. Basically he was accused of having his sister pay me to marry him.

It took us and additional 15 months after the returned petition to get the visa. I never once made my husband feel bad for saying the wrong thing. Why beat him up when he is already doing it to himself?

I could give you guidance to assist you in this, but to be honest I don't see the necessary love and conviction necessary to get through this. I suggest that you take care of your health needs first, and when you are ready to commit yourself to someone enough to fight the battle you should try again. Although I don't think it would be fair to ask her to wait. Just my honest opinion from someone who has already been there and done it.

I do appreciate your comment and your opinions.....

While I do not know all the details of your relationship.....I am sure you do not know all the details of my relationship.

So we usually make a summary judgment on the limited information available.....

Said that, we cannot go into many details because this is a public forum.......

but to be honest I don't see the conviction necessary to get through this

As i feel in the last 2 days....you may be 100% right...on the conviction part...

I do not have in me anymore....it may change down the road....

or I really convince myself that is not worth the price anymore....

either way it is an "agonizing decision" because there is still love involved..... that i do not wish to anyone has make..in their lifetime.

To all.....it is FIANCE visa K1.....

what it is on the White Slip ....Today...( I cant Trust it anymore !!!!! unless i see it with my own eyes) yesterday was different.

the X is on the following;

YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED UNDER THE CURRENT CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS....

YOU HAVE NO PETIONABLE RELATIONSHIP TO THE PETITIONER.......

her English is not great.....I told her (and again she DID NOT not listen!!!!) to ask for TAGALOG interview...knowing how great her English really is...

Screw up number 1....... Police Certificate with wrong Birth date.....

Screw up number 2...... Does you FIANCE have kids? she answer NO and then she retracted because she did not understand and give the name of my 2 kids correctly....

according to her she did not understand the question correctly, while she know very well I have 2 kids and spoke and chatted with both of kids in last 3 years....

Now there is "so much I can do" to help someone.....i really done my best and have no regret because I really out my heart and soul in this relationship.....

I will call the embassy tonight....Friday Morning Manila time....maybe a get a clearer picture..

I am to the point in my life when I cannot no longer fight so many battles on so many fronts....

fighting a foreign government bureaucrat in the middle east, a Fiance that does not listen, problems with language, an embassy interviewer maybe was on a bad day, worrying daily about my job, a divorce that left a scar bigger then my all body...etc,etc

something has to give.... and my health is slowly giving away.....

just returned from a CT scan in the imaging center.. trying to figure out what is wrong....

I apologize about my rants and expressions but just wanted to let anyone know that this relationship was started and during it... with all the best intentions...and feelings...

I really need to think hard and deep inside of me on what do next.....

because if we have problems with a fiance visa.....i see NO DIFFERENCE trying to get her here on a married visa (IR/CR1)

Thank you all for reading my sad story....

I forgot to mention that your fiancee won't be able to request for an interpreter.

My friend had her K1 interview few years back. She was with this woman who was denied a visa due to the reason she could not speak english.

The main question of the CO, how are you able to communicate with your fiance if you dont know english.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i have to agree on this one. we were denied back in 2008 for the fiance visa. so far, it has been almost a year since his interview, and we are still working on getting things together to get him here. i am saying that to say this. if your heart isn't in it, then the long tedious process will do absolutely nothing for your nerves, let alone your health. there is a way to get passed this, if you are willing.

many people have been in your situation before, and are with their SOs right now. like morocco said, it is a long process, chances are, taking close to or over a year to complete. good luck in your decision. i know how devastating a denial feels.

I certainly hope that you haven't been as harsh on her as you have been towards her here. I am sure she feels bad enough already.

My husband was denied a visa because he made the mistake of telling the CO that he had 2 relatives in the US. A sister and an ex brother in law. They got confused and thought that these 2 were married then divorced, and in fact the ex brother in law was from a different sister. Basically he was accused of having his sister pay me to marry him.

It took us and additional 15 months after the returned petition to get the visa. I never once made my husband feel bad for saying the wrong thing. Why beat him up when he is already doing it to himself?

I could give you guidance to assist you in this, but to be honest I don't see the necessary love and conviction necessary to get through this. I suggest that you take care of your health needs first, and when you are ready to commit yourself to someone enough to fight the battle you should try again. Although I don't think it would be fair to ask her to wait. Just my honest opinion from someone who has already been there and done it.

I do appreciate your comment and your opinions.....

While I do not know all the details of your relationship.....I am sure you do not know all the details of my relationship.

So we usually make a summary judgment on the limited information available.....

Said that, we cannot go into many details because this is a public forum.......

but to be honest I don't see the conviction necessary to get through this

As i feel in the last 2 days....you may be 100% right...on the conviction part...

I do not have in me anymore....it may change down the road....

or I really convince myself that is not worth the price anymore....

either way it is an "agonizing decision" because there is still love involved..... that i do not wish to anyone has make..in their lifetime.

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

I think everybody already give you some good advice if what to do...

CO's quistion basically only also come from the documents that you submitted at the beggining that you filed the petition.

* What is the petitioner's name ?

* What is his Birth Date ?

* Where did he born ?

* How did you met ?

* When was that ?

* Is he divorce ? For how long ?

* Does he have kids ?

* How many and how old are they ?

* What he do for a living ?

As I remember those were the only quistion that CO's asked for my interview...... and I believe most of us here. If you screw up one of those quistion just because it didn't match up with the documents that they were also reading while your interview then maybe thats it.... They going to start asking you other documents or more evidence. If you dont have all those documents that they were asking.... I'm not really sure if they will tell you right upfront that your interview is failed and the petition is OVER. They always give you a white slip telling if what more document you need to bring for them.... give your passport back and tell you to come back until you have that documents only in a certain amount of time.

Happened to one woman that I met also on my interview on that time.... She dont have the tax return of her fiance so the CO gave him a white slip and told her to get that form for them and come back when she already have it. They gave the passport back to her and she went back to the embassy after 3 days with the tax return of her fiance. She came from Visayas so she stayed for couple more days in manila until they resolved the problem. Luckily she got her visa 1 week after I got mine.

Like one member said already... Hope she didnt destroy the original document they need.

Good Luck.... Hope you will give it 1 more shot... Wish you are both strong and love more than enough each other to get through this.

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Eros,

You don't have to end this relationship because the K1 visa got denied.

As you said, I think you have to set priorities differently.

If this is litterally killing you right now, then put this away for the moment.

Take care of yourself first, always.

Then you'll take care of this later.

I'm very sorry but from what you're saying, I'm not sure you're in a good shape to share a life with someone who obviously need a lot of support once she'll step in the US.

Again, it's not because K1 failed you have to end the relationship, I would just put it on hold for now. And you'll see what happen in the future.

If things get fixed, you'll be able to file for a CR1 or another K1.

If you're not sure right now, just postpone this. Give yourself a break, I sincerly think you need it.

I don't pretend I know what's right or wrong for you, I just wish you to have all the courage you need to make the right decision for you.

Take care.

Last significant immigration event:

ROC: Approved : 04/17/2013

USCIS works in mysterious ways...

I'm sorry that you are going through a tough time, but I'm curious how you expected the relationship to work if you can't communicate with your fiancee/wife in the same language? If you need a translator to speak with your wife about something in-depth (other than superficial chit chat), maybe it's a good idea to end it now, so she can have a shot with somebody else. I'm surprised it took 3 years and an immigration problem for you to realize this.

Eros,

You don't have to end this relationship because the K1 visa got denied.

As you said, I think you have to set priorities differently.

If this is litterally killing you right now, then put this away for the moment.

Take care of yourself first, always.

Then you'll take care of this later.

I'm very sorry but from what you're saying, I'm not sure you're in a good shape to share a life with someone who obviously need a lot of support once she'll step in the US.

Again, it's not because K1 failed you have to end the relationship, I would just put it on hold for now. And you'll see what happen in the future.

If things get fixed, you'll be able to file for a CR1 or another K1.

If you're not sure right now, just postpone this. Give yourself a break, I sincerly think you need it.

I don't pretend I know what's right or wrong for you, I just wish you to have all the courage you need to make the right decision for you.

Take care.

Thank you Eastern DE

I think you are "one of the many" that understand the way I am feeling now...emotionally drained and physically even more drained....

I just have to find a way to tell the "significant other" that WE need to "go on HOLD for a while", without making her feel even worst she is feeling currently...

I'm sorry that you are going through a tough time, but I'm curious how you expected the relationship to work if you can't communicate with your fiancee/wife in the same language? If you need a translator to speak with your wife about something in-depth (other than superficial chit chat), maybe it's a good idea to end it now, so she can have a shot with somebody else. I'm surprised it took 3 years and an immigration problem for you to realize this.

What can I say...

some of us are SLOW LEARNERS...

Edited by ErosandSally

I just have to find a way to tell the "significant other" that WE need to "go on HOLD for a while", without making her feel even worst she is feeling currently...

thats not going to happen. she knows as well as you do HOLD means BYE. she will be crushed & blame herself forever.

don't give up, keep fighting to bring her here...you will regret it & be plagued with what ifs the rest of your life if you do.

eta: the communication will be better once she is here & using english on a regular basis.

Edited by SMOKE
7yqZWFL.jpg

I may be way off base but with the communication problems and the indistinguishable denial reason...are you sure the correct paperwork was filled out on her end and she didn't check the wrong box or fill out the wrong type of visa application?

I'm just reaching because it seems OFF to me.

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

what it is on the White Slip ....Today...( I cant Trust it anymore !!!!! unless i see it with my own eyes) yesterday was different.

her English is not great.....I told her (and again she DID NOT not listen!!!!) to ask for TAGALOG interview...knowing how great her English really is...

Screw up number 2...... Does you FIANCE have kids? she answer NO and then she retracted because she did not understand and give the name of my 2 kids correctly....

according to her she did not understand the question correctly, while she know very well I have 2 kids and spoke and chatted with both of kids in last 3 years....

Now there is "so much I can do" to help someone.....i really done my best and have no regret because I really out my heart and soul in this relationship.....

I will call the embassy tonight....Friday Morning Manila time....maybe a get a clearer picture..

I am to the point in my life when I cannot no longer fight so many battles on so many fronts....

fighting a foreign government bureaucrat in the middle east, a Fiance that does not listen, problems with language, an embassy interviewer maybe was on a bad day, worrying daily about my job, a divorce that left a scar bigger then my all body...etc,etc

just returned from a CT scan in the imaging center.. trying to figure out what is wrong....

I apologize about my rants and expressions but just wanted to let anyone know that this relationship was started and during it... with all the best intentions...and feelings...

because if we have problems with a fiance visa.....i see NO DIFFERENCE trying to get her here on a married visa (IR/CR1)

You got it!

Unless she learns English better thing won't change!

I/fiancee was denied as I couldn't learn Tagalog and she couldn't learn English. She could type English but not speak it. We obviously didn't have a loving bonafide relationship but a functional one and I guess the CO was correct denying us. We decided to call it quits and go our own ways as I /we couldn't see any solution in the near future.

I gave her enough money to start a decent sari sari store and the last I heard she had married and was poping out babies.

My story "was" sad also until a year later when I met and married my current loving pinay wife who can communicate

"TO GOOD"

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

You got it!

Unless she learns English better thing won't change!

I/fiancee was denied as I couldn't learn Tagalog and she couldn't learn English. She could type English but not speak it. We obviously didn't have a loving bonafide relationship but a functional one and I guess the CO was correct denying us. We decided to call it quits and go our own ways as I /we couldn't see any solution in the near future.

I gave her enough money to start a decent sari sari store and the last I heard she had married and was poping out babies.

My story "was" sad also until a year later when I met and married my current loving pinay wife who can communicate

"TO GOOD"

:bonk::blink:

Adjustment Of Status
Jan. 20/2010 - mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131(FEDex)
Jan. 25/2010 - delivered signed by: JCHYBA (received date)
Feb. 01/2010 - AOS NOA1 date
Feb. 03/2010 - case status online last updated for I-485,I-765,I-131
Feb. 05/2010 - received mail NOA1 for I-485,I-765,I-131
Feb. 16/2010 -transferred this case I485 to our CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER
Feb. 24/2010 -BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT NOTICE RECEIVED.
March 23/2010 -approved 131
March 24/2010 BIOMETRICS SCHEDULE 1:00PM
March 24, 2010 I-765 EAD - approved!
March 29/2010 EAD received!
April 29/2010 USCIS updated change of address from TX TO MS
July 7,2010 MY FIRST ULTRASOUND -->> WE ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL!!!!
July 14,2010
The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made.
JULY 27,2010 AOS APPROVED
AUG.12/2010 CHANGE ADDRESS THRU FON AND FILED AR-11
AUG.16/2010 RECEIVED LETTER FROM USCIS THEY ACKNOWLEDGE THE CHANGE OF ADDRESS.
AUG.17/2010 - GREENCARD AT LAST!
Nov.18,2010 - Bouncing baby girl named ARIELLE FINES CAMPBELL!
April 2012 - Lifting of condition (1-751)
May 2012 - Due- welcoming our 2ND Baby and it's a Boy!

f2sh5xp.png

April 1,2013 -permanent resident card received!

August -->>> N-400!!!! can't wait!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.