AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I also see ILoveTofu got an RFE today...

AoS Process

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yeah, he just sent me a PM earlier. If it is for what he thinks, it should be an easy fix and get approved within a week. Who was the approval today?

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

K1 completion: 03-10-2010, PINK!!!(well..it's orangish)
POE: Chicago/ORD 05-21-2010
Married: 05-26-2010
AOS completion: 10-28-2010
ROC completion: 05-16-2013

Naturalized: 11-21-2014

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

So, I haven't posted in this thread before, but thought I'd share with you guys that I got my NOA2 today!

NOA1 was on Sep 3. Didn't get any touches or any other updates since the NOA1. Just a text message and e-mail today saying my K1 petition was approved.

Timeline

Yeah, he just sent me a PM earlier. If it is for what he thinks, it should be an easy fix and get approved within a week. Who was the approval today?

jc29 got approved.

Yeah the RFE sucks but it's so simple it will be resolved in no time. At least, they are working on his file. :thumbs:

So, I haven't posted in this thread before, but thought I'd share with you guys that I got my NOA2 today!

NOA1 was on Sep 3. Didn't get any touches or any other updates since the NOA1. Just a text message and e-mail today saying my K1 petition was approved.

Congratulations! Im happy for you guys!! :dance:

Edited by kizza

AoS Process

event.png

Timeline

Yeah! That is great...why the hell am I still lurking on VJ after midnight...haha. I hope there are some others who just haven't posted yet...the stats for this month are so terrible. :angry:

Nov 6, 2009: "I had breakfast in Korea, lunch in Shanghai, and dinner in Chongqing...now I just need to find a squat toilet..."

Timeline

Yeah! That is great...why the hell am I still lurking on VJ after midnight...haha. I hope there are some others who just haven't posted yet...the stats for this month are so terrible. :angry:

... asking myself the same question! Good news though and you never know, we might hear of more people updating their timeline after the fact. A couple did last week.

Moving up on Igor's list. Painfully slowly, but surely.

I hope they have monthly quotas they'll try to reach in the next couple of weeks.

AoS Process

event.png

Timeline

I think once you get in the 60-75 range you are next in line for processing. I can't believe that all of those filers from the earlier months are still waiting. I know that some are, but most are probably just people who have left VJ and not returned.

For me it has been a week since approval, and I am waiting to get confirmation from NVC that they have received my case. I worry that "something" has gone wrong, but again, it is still within the normal two week time frame posted in the guides. It is probably there, but their system is just not up to date.

So, general question: are people getting their P3/P4 information lined up yet?

My fiancee just got all of her translated documents taken care of and I am sending off more information for the I-134 tomorrow. I didn't expect this go so smoothly, so we are moving faster than anticipated. Great..but also overwhelming at times.

Timeline
I think once you get in the 60-75 range you are next in line for processing. I can't believe that all of those filers from the earlier months are still waiting. I know that some are, but most are probably just people who have left VJ and not returned.

For me it has been a week since approval, and I am waiting to get confirmation from NVC that they have received my case. I worry that "something" has gone wrong, but again, it is still within the normal two week time frame posted in the guides. It is probably there, but their system is just not up to date.

So, general question: are people getting their P3/P4 information lined up yet?

My fiancee just got all of her translated documents taken care of and I am sending off more information for the I-134 tomorrow. I didn't expect this go so smoothly, so we are moving faster than anticipated. Great..but also overwhelming at times.

This whole process is tough on the system! I used to think that once we'd get our NOA2, we'd relax, but it seems like you just start worrying and waiting for something new! ;)

We have started getting everything ready.

I have my birth certificate and am getting it translated.

I was ready to send in my request for police cert in Australia as it takes a while to get back, but put it off when approvals stopped cuz I dont want its validity to expire by the time I get my interview... but I'll send it in soon.

And Matt has pretty much all his paperwork for the Affidavit of support ready too (Im so proud of him, he finally got the initiative to take care of it all by himself, and told me once it was done!! what a champ! hehe)

All my vaccinations are up to date.

Forms have been practice filled.

I think that's about it. Just waiting for the approval...

AoS Process

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Woohoo! Congratulations!

I-129F Packet Sent: 29 Sept 09

I-129F Packet Delivered: 10:17am, 30 Sept 09, signed for by V. Semegi

Check Cashed: 1 Oct 09

NOA 1 Hardcopy Received: 5 Oct 09

Touch: 23 Dec 09, adjudication

Touch: 24 Dec 09, NOA2 printed

Touch: 28 Dec 09, forwarded to NVC

NOA2: 23 Dec 09

I-129F Packet at NVC: 31 Dec 09

I-129F Packet left NVC: 5 Jan 10

Embassy mailed letter to incorrect address: 8 Jan 10

Packet 3 Instructions Received: 23 Jan 10

Packet 3 Sent to Embassy: 29 Mar 10 (Too much going on in February to get on top of immigration paperwork)

Packet 4 Instructions Received: 20 Apr 10

Interview Scheduled for 5 May 10

Visa approved: 5 May 10

POE: Los Angeles, 21 Aug 10

Married: 16 Oct 10

I-465 Packet Sent: 15 Nov 10

I-465 Packet Received by USCIS: 17 Nov 10

NOA 1, EAD: 22 Nov 10

NOA 1, AOS: 22 Nov 10

NOA 1 Hardcopies Received: 27 Nov 10

Biometrics Letter Received: 30 Nov 10, scheduled for 9 Dec 10

Interview Letter Received: 12 Jan 11, scheduled for 11 Feb 11

EAD Card Received: 3 Feb 11

AOS Interview: 11 Feb 11, approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

So, I haven't been participating very much in the thread. Mostly because it didn't seem to be in my best interest to moan about how nerving it is waiting for CSC. I figured I was better served by keeping myself focused on getting stuff done at school/work. Besides most of you have been doing a really great job of expressing my general thoughts on the whole process. Anything I could have added would have been redundant. But...I now have questions to pose to the group.

In terms of a wedding, my fiance and I were planning on just popping down to the courthouse with our parents and having a civil ceremony that served the purpose and then throwing a small party for family and friends afterward. And then this morning my father called me and said that he and my mom had come into some money and that my guy and I should start planning a proper wedding; whatever we want, flowers, a gown...the whole deal. This last year has been pretty super shitty for my parents and I'd love to give them an occasion to celebrate in style and tell their problems to f-off. But OMG, how do you plan a wedding when the government is controlling the calendar? Additionally, my class load will not let me plan much of anything during the next semester and the visa will likely force us into a summer wedding in flipping ARIZONA. All the Germans will melt! Also, I need to prepare my seminar for the fall semester as well as study to take my oral exam just after presenting the seminar. The boy cannot be trusted with wedding details. If things were left up to him, he'd force the wedding party and guests to march down the Grand Canyon singing 'We are Going A'wandering' and then find fault with anyone who succumbs to dehydration/sun stroke. Have I totally misjudged the situation or can I do this one little step at a time? Will a photographer, justice of the peace, caterer, etc. tolerate that you won't have any idea of a firm date until 3 months before the actual date? How are you guys planning the ceremony? Would it be ridiculous thinking that the visa would be together in time for a 3 July wedding date? We met on 3 July 1997.

Edited by Roy G. Biv

I-129F Packet Sent: 29 Sept 09

I-129F Packet Delivered: 10:17am, 30 Sept 09, signed for by V. Semegi

Check Cashed: 1 Oct 09

NOA 1 Hardcopy Received: 5 Oct 09

Touch: 23 Dec 09, adjudication

Touch: 24 Dec 09, NOA2 printed

Touch: 28 Dec 09, forwarded to NVC

NOA2: 23 Dec 09

I-129F Packet at NVC: 31 Dec 09

I-129F Packet left NVC: 5 Jan 10

Embassy mailed letter to incorrect address: 8 Jan 10

Packet 3 Instructions Received: 23 Jan 10

Packet 3 Sent to Embassy: 29 Mar 10 (Too much going on in February to get on top of immigration paperwork)

Packet 4 Instructions Received: 20 Apr 10

Interview Scheduled for 5 May 10

Visa approved: 5 May 10

POE: Los Angeles, 21 Aug 10

Married: 16 Oct 10

I-465 Packet Sent: 15 Nov 10

I-465 Packet Received by USCIS: 17 Nov 10

NOA 1, EAD: 22 Nov 10

NOA 1, AOS: 22 Nov 10

NOA 1 Hardcopies Received: 27 Nov 10

Biometrics Letter Received: 30 Nov 10, scheduled for 9 Dec 10

Interview Letter Received: 12 Jan 11, scheduled for 11 Feb 11

EAD Card Received: 3 Feb 11

AOS Interview: 11 Feb 11, approved

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
So, I haven't been participating very much in the thread. Mostly because it didn't seem to be in my best interest to moan about how nerving it is waiting for CSC. I figured I was better served by keeping myself focused on getting stuff done at school/work. Besides most of you have been doing a really great job of expressing my general thoughts on the whole process. Anything I could have added would have been redundant. But...I now have questions to pose to the group.

In terms of a wedding, my fiance and I were planning on just popping down to the courthouse with our parents and having a civil ceremony that served the purpose and then throwing a small party for family and friends afterward. And then this morning my father called me and said that he and my mom had come into some money and that my guy and I should start planning a proper wedding, whatever we want, flowers, a gown...the whole deal. This last year has been pretty super shitty for my parents and I'd love to give them an occasion to celebrate in style and tell their problems to f-off. But OMG, how do you plan a wedding when the government is controlling the calendar? Additionally, my class load will not let me plan much of anything during the next semester and the visa will likely force us into a summer wedding in flipping ARIZONA. All the Germans will melt! Also, I need to prepare my seminar for the fall semester as well as study to take my oral exam just after presenting the seminar. The boy cannot be trusted with wedding details. If things were left up to him, he'd force the wedding party and guests to march down the Grand Canyon singing 'We are Going A'wandering' and then finding fault with anyone who succumbs to dehydration/sun stroke. Have I totally misjudged the situation or can I do this one little step at a time? Will a photographer, justice of the peace, caterer, etc. tolerate that you won't have any idea of a firm date until 3 months before the actual data? How are you guys planning the ceremony? Would it be ridiculous thinking that the visa would be together in time for a 3 July wedding date? We met on 3 July 1997.

Well the way we are doing it is to have a civil ceremony at City Hall (it's gorgeous inside) and then having a small (50 people max) reception at an Italian restaurant's private lounge a few blocks away. I have already talked to the event coordinator and explained to her how we have a tentative date of xx/xx/09 and how if necessary we would need to move that date to something later. Usually if you explain this prior to booking they can put soft holds on other dates or even let you move your original date to another date as long as it is within the same year. If you are throwing a big wedding then you will have to ask everyone about flexible dates or just have a simple wedding or just wait till you know when your fiance is coming back to plan the wedding. It is pretty stressful trying to plan a wedding without a firm date! We are paying for everything ourselves and just want to move on to filing AOS quickly after he arrives so he can get his green card! It would be nice to hear how others are planning as well :)

Good luck to us all lol.

~Our ROC Timeline~

04/27/2012 - Sent I-751 to CSC

04/30/2012 - I-751 is delivered at CSC

05/10/2012 - I-751 check is cashed

05/10/2012 - I-751 NOA1 received! :)

05/15/2012 - Biometrics letter received

06/08/2012 - Scheduled Biometrics date - DONE! :D

11/24/2012 - I-751 NOA Approval Letter received - Dated 11/19/2012!!!

11/26/2012 - 10 year Green Card received today! WE ARE FINALLY DONE! :D

~See our K1 Visa & AOS timeline in "About Me" section~

an1cHjukw2B0810MDAwMTUwbHwyNTY0MzkxbGF8RGF5cyBzaW5jZSB3ZSBnb3QgbWFycmllZCEgLSA.gif

jYIfm8.png

Timeline

After juggling different ideas, which just proved to add more unneeded stress, we decided to do a city hall wedding, with some of his family (the ones who are at driving distance) and very close friends, pretty much as soon as possible after I get there, so we can file for AoS.

Once we have more of an idea of when I'll be getting my visa, we might plan a bigger, more traditional wedding. Im afraid if we dont do something a little bigger, with my family and some of my friends from back home, I would regret not ever having a "real" wedding.

But right now, with so much uncertainty, the 90 day limit, and from abroad, it was too much stress to try to plan anything.

AoS Process

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well my fience is Thai and in Thailand you can have a wedding party and not regester the marrage it is very common so we will do that with a big party and all there for her family and friends ( beside wedding are nice but it is more for the girl than the guys IMO) I am hoping that her visa is done then and she will be able to come back here with me but if not we will have to wait. Then our legal marrage will take place in the 90 day time frame in our backyard. I found something cool and here in my county in CA you can take a 45min class and you are certified to marry 1 couple on 1 day so one of my friend will preform the marrage in the backyard with my family and a few close friends and then we will just BBQ some steaks!! Nice and easy my kind of wedding.

That is if we can get that far. I am stressing about this visa stuff and now my girl is mad at me about something I am not really sure what but I think she will cool off in a day or so. I really think she is stressing over planning the wedding there and trying to make her parents and family happy and proud. I am trying to be understanding and give her some space. Like I said weddings are girls things we(guys) are just there for the ride so I am going along with whatever she wants as long as we can afford it but damm sometimes I dont understand women ( most of the time)! Sorry to get off topic I needed to vent a little and I hope I didnt upset anyone.

Oct. 2008 met Sa on Thaikisses and started chatting

Nov. Started daily phone calls

Dec. 2008 started dating (Boyfriend/ Girlfriend)

May 5, 2009 May 11, 2009 Trip to Thailand

July 2009 Engaged

Aug 2009 started I-129F

Sept 22, 2009 mailed I-129F

Sept 24, 2009 check cashed

Sept 24, 2009 NOA 1 Dated

Sept 27, 2009 NOA 1 received (Hardcopy)

Dec. 18, 2009 NOA 2 Dated(no email)

Dec. 24, 2009 NOA 2 Hardcopy

Dec. 28, 2009 NVC received but not sent to Embassy

Dec. 28, 2009 Sa maied Packet 3 to Embassy

Dec. 29, 2009 NVC forward to Bangkok, Embassy. Tracking by DHL

Jan. 03, 2010 Received by Bangkok Embassy

Jan. 06, 2010 Received email from embassy interview is set for Jan22.

Jan. 22, 2010 Interview at BKK Embassy passed

Jan. 27, 2010 Picked up Visa

Its not about how you pick your nose its what you do with the booger!

Well my fience is Thai and in Thailand you can have a wedding party and not regester the marrage it is very common so we will do that with a big party and all there for her family and friends ( beside wedding are nice but it is more for the girl than the guys IMO) I am hoping that her visa is done then and she will be able to come back here with me but if not we will have to wait. Then our legal marrage will take place in the 90 day time frame in our backyard. I found something cool and here in my county in CA you can take a 45min class and you are certified to marry 1 couple on 1 day so one of my friend will preform the marrage in the backyard with my family and a few close friends and then we will just BBQ some steaks!! Nice and easy my kind of wedding.

That is if we can get that far. I am stressing about this visa stuff and now my girl is mad at me about something I am not really sure what but I think she will cool off in a day or so. I really think she is stressing over planning the wedding there and trying to make her parents and family happy and proud. I am trying to be understanding and give her some space. Like I said weddings are girls things we(guys) are just there for the ride so I am going along with whatever she wants as long as we can afford it but damm sometimes I dont understand women ( most of the time)! Sorry to get off topic I needed to vent a little and I hope I didnt upset anyone.

We are planning a June 5th wedding. We are having it in my parents garden because it's absolutely beautiful with the blooming flowers and the pond that they have. I reserved a tent and tables and all that and just basically said to the rental company that THAT is the date we are shooting for but it's all up to immigration. They said that I can change the date as long as I give them notice of the change. I think planning a July 3rd wedding is deff. within the realm of possibility. A lot of it just depends on what embassy you will eventually be having your interview at!

Congrats on the NOA2. It's exciting to know that people are slowly but surely being approved!

10-16-2010 Married

03-17-2011 I-130 sent

03-19-2011 I-130 received

03-23-2011 NOA1

03-25-2011 Touch

06-16-2011 NOA2

07-18-2011 NVC Received

07-19-2011 Emailed DS 3032

07-29-2011 Emailed DS 3032 AGAIN-still no response

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Generated

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Paid

08-03-2011 Emailed DS 3032 Yet Again!!!

08-05-2011 Mailed AOS packet

08-08-2011 AOS packet delivered

08-08-2011 DS 3232 accepted

08-09-2011 IV Bill Generated/Paid

08-10-2011 IV marked PAID

08-10-2011 IV packet Mailed

08-11-2011 IV packet delivered

08-16-2011 AOS package processed

08-22-2011 IV packet processed

08-22-2011 SIF/Case Closed

08-25-2011 Interview date received

10-13-2011 Interview-APPROVED

l198oyeua.png

d1emrulw6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.