driver

Fix i-129F typo?

9 posts in this topic

So after packing up my entire app... double-tripple checking. I made a typo...

I was missing a single letter from the beneficiaries name! ARG!!!!

So my NOA1 has the name misspelled. I called them up and they said I can just send a letter with the correction.

I sent a letter but I just got it back with some generic reply saying I can check the status of my application online. They sent BACK the letter I wrote... with this generic letter. What the heck?!

Are these people really this retarded? They didn't even read the letter! I wasn't asking about status! I sent a statement saying 1 specific box had a typo of her name.

Now what?!

I-129F Sent : 2009-09-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-09-04
I-129F NOA2 : 2010-01-04
NVC Received : 2010-01-12
Consulate Received : 2010-01-20
Packet 3 Received : 2010-01-20
Packet 4 Received : 2010-01-22
Interview Date : 2010-02-16
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2010-02-18
US Entry : 2010-03-02
Marriage : 2010-04-21
AOS Date Filed : 2010-05-29
AOS NOA Date : 2010-06-07
Bio. Appt. : 2010-12-01
Interview Date : 2011-01-12
Approval Date : 2011-01-12
Got I551 Stamp : No
Green Card: 2011-01-22

Lifting Cond Filed: 2012-11-06

Lifting Cond NOA: 2012-11-09

Lifting Cond Bio: 2012-11-30 (early @ 2012-11-28)

Lifting Cond Approval: 2013-05-28

Lifting Cond Card: *waiting*

So my NOA1 has the name misspelled. I called them up and they said I can just send a letter with the correction.

I sent a letter but I just got it back with some generic reply saying I can check the status of my application online. They sent BACK the letter I wrote... with this generic letter. What the heck?!

Are these people really this retarded? They didn't even read the letter! I wasn't asking about status! I sent a statement saying 1 specific box had a typo of her name.

Now what?!

Did your letter include your receipt number? Did you prominently mark the letter AND the outside of the envelope "NATURE OF SUBMISSION: I-129F CORRECTION" or something to that effect?

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

hope you get that corrected soon :) but i heard that at NVC they also do corrections,but yeah the previous post seems more help, try doing that instead, make a cover letter for what you send..God bless!

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

My letter said "I-129F Addendum". The letter describes the exact box where the typo occurred and asks to have it corrected.

If they read the letter at all... they would know I was not asking for the status. What the heck?! Are these people trying to be unhelpful? Is this "General Inquiry Response letter" just something they slap on every correspondence? This is so irritating!

In the letter I listed my receipt number.

On my original letter they printed a "AL...." (where .... is a number). Also, someone wrote "C" in the upper right hand corner of my letter. It also looks like someone used a yellow highlighter on "correct spelling" (the phrase I used in my letter).

Did they make a copy and send me the original back? Why would they not keep the original?

ARG! I'll call tomorrow - although I feel it is pointless.

My letter said "I-129F Addendum". The letter describes the exact box where the typo occurred and asks to have it corrected.

If they read the letter at all... they would know I was not asking for the status. What the heck?! Are these people trying to be unhelpful? Is this "General Inquiry Response letter" just something they slap on every correspondence? This is so irritating!

On my original letter they printed a "AL...." (where .... is a number). Also, someone wrote "C" in the upper right hand corner of my letter. It also looks like someone used a yellow highlighter on "correct spelling" (the phrase I used in my letter).

Did they make a copy and send me the original back? Why would they not keep the original?

USCIS makes so many mistakes. You'll never figure out the whys and wherefores of what they do. :blink: If you can't get anywhere with a phone call, then resend the letter you already wrote again. Also, ask for a written confirmation. If this doesn't get fixed, I'd worry that the misspelled name will continue throughout the process.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Now what?!

Who you calling retarded? You will have no problems. The incorrect spelling can be fixed during the interview.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Now what?!

Who you calling retarded? You will have no problems. The incorrect spelling can be fixed during the interview.

I just received my first NOA and also noticed that ONE letter of my fiancee's name was wrong. Spent about 30 minutes going through a phone menu until I received a real person on the phone. She asked about 30 questions before I could explain what I wanted. I spelled the name correctly and then she said it could take about 45 days before I receive a notice that Vermont has corrected this. 45 days? to correct a spelling error? Does this impact the normal 5 months processing time?

I got though to someone who actually listened to my problem. I told her about the last retard who said I should write a letter. She explained that one only needs to send a letter if personal information is actually *changing*. A *typo* they can do over the phone. SO IRRITATED THE LAST PERSON DIDN'T LISTEN TO ME!!!

So she took all my information (receipt number, name, address, phone, email, exact typo fixing information) and gave me a tracking number. She said it would not affect the total processing time of the application. She gave me a date (10/22/2009) of when my typo/file would likely get updated / fixed. This would either happen *before* they start processing my application or the same time.

It seems like they just have a massive inbox with a limited amount of people working on all cases.

I would bet the holiday season really slows things down when so many people are gone on vacation. :P

Anyway, back to waiting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Don't panic. The I-129f does not result in a visa, it results in an approved petition. Your fiancee can change the error at the interview when she applies for the visa.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.