WeatherEmperor

Time Line, Relative List, Letter of Intent

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

One of my students with very significant assets was denied last month to visit. It really depends on assets, strong ties to vn, and the attitude of the co. He got lippy with the co and the co showed him that was the wrong thing to do. DENIED.

Scott,

That sounds excellent. The more I reading I do at VJ, the more I realize that Thu and I need more time. I am starting to think that right now is not the time to begin filing for the K-1. Thu and I just need to be patient. We need more research and more time. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that I am abandoning the K-1 Visa. I just think that we need more time. Scott, I met Thu in Singapore while we were both on vacation. So while we put the K-1 Visa on hold, would you recommend that I go visit her in Vietnam or if she visits me in Florida? Would that be ok for now is that bad?

<CARRICK>

Do not file for a Visitors Visa if you are intending to to file for a K-1 Visa. When you apply for K-1 Visa the denied Visitor Visa will be a "RED FLAG". It seems the consulate looks apon any attempt to come to the USA as an attempt to commit fraud. The K-1 filing immediatly after a denied Visitor Visa attempt will not look good. They have the thought of, (you tried to trick us once with visitor visa and failed now you try to tick us again with k-1 visa)

Don't make the same naive mistake I did in thinking these people in the consulate have any idea how a "Normal" couple act. I thought, I came to your house and met your mom now you should come to my house and meet my mom. It doesn't work that way.

8 Months in AP, Fred

Applying for a tourist visa is not necessarily an immediate red flag. My wife applied for one early in our relationship in hopes of coming here to spend time with me and see the US. It was, of course, denied. We acknowledged when she applied again (its on the DS-156 form) that she had applied for a tourist visa and was denied. She was prepared to discuss it at the interview but it was never mentioned and she was approved without a blue slip or AP.

It has been stated here by others many times that each case is very different. What may cause concern in one case may not be an issue in another. It is the totality of the case that matters. Your case and relationship development needs to make sense to an average person. I believe that is the litmus test that the COs use...would this be believable to the average person. If you scrutinize your own case and have to squint or describe it to a friend and they say that it doesn't smell right, you may need to address those areas that raise concerns.

Regarding the tourist visa, it is essentially impossible for a young lady from VN to get a tourist visa at any stage of the game unless they have significant assets, which, honestly, most folks in VN do not have. Only costs $130 to try but expectations should be set very low.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.