JeniLovesMarwan

DCF in Cairo Egypt

15 posts in this topic

Hello I have been living in Egypt with my Egyptian husband since March of this year. We have an appointment at the US Embassy here in Cairo September 23, coming up very quickly. I think I have everything together but still I am so very nervous about the whole process. Anyone from Egypt file DCF? and can you tell me the process and what all was needed at the I-130 petition interview in Cairo? I just need someone to reassure me that I have everything together that we need. Thank you so much.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey,

It will be so easy InshaAllah, you must be early there like 6:30 am, then at 7:15 they will let you in, and give you number, They will call you up and just take your marriage certificate and the translation and the petition. Then you go pay for DHL and fees and sit down again till they call your number again to meet the consular lady, Its basically an interview for you. She will ask how you met, how long you were married and if you plan to move back home. She asked if I had domicile in the states and any proof we showed her driver license.

Goodluck

Consulate : Egypt

Visit Egypt : 2008-06-25

Marriage : 2008-10-13

I-130 Sent : 2009-07-15

Approved : 2009-07-15 Alhamdulilah

Packet 3 Received : 2009-07-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-08-04

Packet 4 Received : 2009-08-15

Interview Date : 2009-08-24 APPROVED with no AP

Visa Received : 2009-08-28

Entry into the USA : 2009-10-05 Insha Allah

Timeline

I wish you luck and I'm in the same boat like you and I hope every thing work out for you . and make sure to update us with your interview when you finish because my interview is two weeks after you I see must people have there appointment early in the morning , I do have my appointment in the 5th of October at 9:00 AM is this normal ? what time I should go to the embassy ? thank you

I wish you luck and I'm in the same boat like you and I hope every thing work out for you . and make sure to update us with your interview when you finish because my interview is two weeks after you I see must people have there appointment early in the morning , I do have my appointment in the 5th of October at 9:00 AM is this normal ? what time I should go to the embassy ? thank you

Thank you, I wish you luck also. This is such a nervous process I will be so relieved when its all over. I will for sure keep you posted after we have our interview and let you know how it went. I do know the Embassy only schedules petition interviews on Mondays and Wednesdays and Im pretty sure they only do them from 8 am until 11 am. So your appt. time is normal. My appt time is 8 am and people have been telling me I should be there around 6:30am.

Timeline

thank you sense my appointment at 9:00 AM , I will be there at 7:00 AM and I will pray and I will make do3a for you . as far the evidence in the appointment latter they did not ask me to bring any thing be side the pic and the medical report and I don't know if I need to bring any thing . I did sent all the requirement to NVC I also need advice if I need to bring any thing .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:help:

hey Jamall

i guess you should be there at 6:30 am as for sure you need to have an early appointment , and you should take all evidences with you (pics , mails , phone bills , gifts ) anything you think would help to prove your marriage ....... also i think you should take some copies with you ( marriage licence , birth certificate , etc.... ) such in case

i wish you all the best and don't worry as the interview is easy but be honest and don't try to lie or to manipulate any answers :)

one more day for JeniLovesMarwan I wish all the best 4 you

Thank you so much. Yes its tomorrow and I am a nervous wreck. I hope and pray we have everything and that all things go well and the petition is approved. What day is your appt?

Timeline

my appointment is one week after you that way I am witting for your feedback , and you will be just fine . by the way what evidence you taken with you to the embassy . for me I am taken pic and phone bill and some E-mail but not much but we have joint tax for 2008 and joint medical insurance from my work and air ticket I hope I have enough . so what do you have for evidence ??

JeniLovesMarwan I am witting 4 you I hope is no AP for you .

Hi well all went well at the petition interview. We were there about 3 hours but in the end our petiton was approved. I took emails, pictures of me and him and his family, phone records, things like that but they didnt ask to see any of it. Hope all goes well with your petition interview let me know how yours goes.

I am really happy for you so can you please give me mor detail about what they ask as far as quotation . and more & more please

Hi ok we went there and sat and when they called our number we went to the lady and had to show our marriage papers original, copy and translation and our I-130 and G-325A and then she asked my husband some questions about our marriage like if we had a wedding party and if his family approved of me (not sure why she asked him those things but she did) then we had to go sit again which seemed like a long time then they called our number again and this time we went to talk to the consular lady and I had to show her my passport and she asked me if i was going back to the US which I am and I had to show her prove of domicile so I showed her my drivers license and college transcripts. I didnt have to show her anything that proved our relationship. She then said my husband would get packet 3 in the mail in about 2 weeks and he needs to fill out the forms and send back and that is basically all that happened. I think I worried to much for nothing because there really was not much to it. Take care.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.