adisimo

Immigration Officer called my husband afterthe interview DID it happen to anyone?

1 post in this topic

Filed: Timeline

We had the interview were separated everything matched but the IO was really nasty even threatened my USC husband and gave him 2 options to drop the petition or he could be denaturalized.He told the IO that he is going to take the chances and we left with no answer. After about an hour I got a call on my cell from the IO asking to speak to my husband. IO told him that he was going to approve my case by I am missing a form from my previous visa(not the one I used to enter the US last time) because I had a J1 before with section 212 (e).We went back to the office and gave them whatever we could find but wasn't enough because it wasn't was he was looking for and advised us to talk to a lawyer and get the application for a waiver started.The next day we found the form that he was asking for and went back to him but he changed the story still wasn't enough and instead of giving us 90 with RFE which he said the previous day he mentioned something about 30 day and maybe denial because I shouldn't have been eligible because of 2 year home requirement which is BS since he previously mentioned my husband that is not so important (before he realized he has no reason to deny us).

Now we are really nervous because the IO gave us mixed signals he even mentioned that he might review and approve also about the denial and 30 days.

Did anyone experience something similar?

I would like to get some info about a the motion to reopen in case we get denied and also about what can be done to file a complaint against the IO.

Is it legal to threaten a United States Citizen and what is the best way to fight against this ?

Also the IO name is DE Moose from the Philadelphia office. Did anyone have a bad experience with him?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.