Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yeah...but were the results of them being "stunning and talented" as you say due to people treating them differently--being encouraged more, being provided w/ more opportunities or acceptance based on appearance, etc

As the mother of a biracial child I realized this when my daughter was old enough to speak and began to say "I know" instead of a simple "thank you" when anyone told her she was pretty, beautiful, whatever, that I had to do something and immediately. She had heard it so often that she was taking it for granted and believing the hype. She also made fun of one of my foster kids and told her she had longer hair than her (one of my gorgeous foster daughters who happened to have a dark complexion). My answer to the latter was to chop off her hair (my mother never forgave me till this day) to show her that hair, features, etc. do not mean ANYTHING if you have no inward beauty to back it up. I have drilled into her that your looks will only get a door opened for you but after that you have to have something to show or prove or else you are SOL. I pray to my Good Lord that one day people will describe my daughter as a kind, smart, generous, considerate, thoughtful daughter, now those are words that will make me proud!

A lesson I'm sure she's learned. I'm sure she'll turn out just fine--sounds like you've done a great job! :thumbs:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
U go Shaunsgal!!!! I love that you chopped off her hair that was a good example plus she was young enough for it to grow back which I'm sure it did so no harm done.

I remember all my friends told me I was doing irreparable harm to her by doing that, but I did not give a &$#@. I also remember taking her door off the jam about two years ago because she slammed her door. Now we have an agreement that when she starts paying rent in her own home she can slam the doors all day long....No one agreed with me on that either.

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline

Hey ladies Im on my sidekick on my way home to hubby

Shasuna= ditto hand clapp from me

RGD= GREEDY

Aint it time for a Yardie 20 up to 400 pages... but Ima leave that to the VETS

I can't do the humping bed smiley cuz im on the sidekick but yall know what im going home to do... hopefully he DIDN'T START WITHOUT ME

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
U go Shaunsgal!!!! I love that you chopped off her hair that was a good example plus she was young enough for it to grow back which I'm sure it did so no harm done.

I remember all my friends told me I was doing irreparable harm to her by doing that, but I did not give a &$#@. I also remember taking her door off the jam about two years ago because she slammed her door. Now we have an agreement that when she starts paying rent in her own home she can slam the doors all day long....No one agreed with me on that either.

Wow... no one? I agree with both of those things! I think you are teaching very good lessons in a way that will make her think. What do the people who disagree suggest you do?

... Also I think making fun of people is one of the worst things we can do. So the lesson learned is a good one.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
OK I joined the bandwagon.... Thanks Cara! Vote for Tierra!!! :)

http://family.go.com/gapcastingcall/entrie...ncis/123039954/

She is in the older girls catagory.

im gonna vote!

Timeline
hey ladies wha gwaan this evening?

Hi JaHoney!

Love is a gift and not to be earned, therefore one should never hold any regrets for giving love regardless of the outcome...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/share/immigration-and-economy?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=email221-text1&utm_campaign=immigration

event.png

Timeline
Wow... no one? I agree with both of those things! I think you are teaching very good lessons in a way that will make her think. What do the people who disagree suggest you do?

... Also I think making fun of people is one of the worst things we can do. So the lesson learned is a good one.

The general consensus is that I am "too hard" on her! Her father still believes that saying no to a child ruins their self esteem. Nuff said! :rofl:

event.png

Timeline
:dance: CONGRATS MS. TEE !! SO HAPPY FOR YOU !! :dance:

Hey Yardies !! just passing thru ..i've been studying hard for school and trying to get things together for our interview ..but a quick UPDATE ..my honey had his medical today at Andrews Hospital in KNG..he got there around 830 he said alot of people were their already but he got called up around 10 and he was out at 2...he said everything went well !! So i'm happy about that..now we just have to get thru the big day ..

Thank you Heaven, I couldn't wait to get home to tell you since Im blocked from FB. Congrats on getting the medical done! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just popping in to let MsTee know that she and her sweetie are in my prayers! Remember, God is in control! :thumbs:

look at mi ticker!! mi pick di medium color babies cuz mi nuh knoa ow dem a come out... :rofl:

well finesse you could have one very fair complected child and one with the perfect tan :)......everyone says to me....for being twins, do you know you have 2 different colored children cara??? OMG are you serious???? i didnt have a clue!!!!!!!!!!

I feel you one of my twins is chocolate and the other is vanilla.

Mixed children are SO beautiful to me! :)

Y? Because their skin is lighter & their hair may be a finer texture? I'm sorry, but this statement is really making me feel some type of way... :unsure:

I agree Ms. Palmer. Arent Black children beautiful as well :blush:

all children are beautiful

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

The general consensus is that I am "too hard" on her! Her father still believes that saying no to a child ruins their self esteem. Nuff said! :rofl:

WOW!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
Yeah...but were the results of them being "stunning and talented" as you say due to people treating them differently--being encouraged more, being provided w/ more opportunities or acceptance based on appearance, etc

As the mother of a biracial child I realized this when my daughter was old enough to speak and began to say "I know" instead of a simple "thank you" when anyone told her she was pretty, beautiful, whatever, that I had to do something and immediately. She had heard it so often that she was taking it for granted and believing the hype. She also made fun of one of my foster kids and told her she had longer hair than her (one of my gorgeous foster daughters who happened to have a dark complexion). My answer to the latter was to chop off her hair (my mother never forgave me till this day) to show her that hair, features, etc. do not mean ANYTHING if you have no inward beauty to back it up. I have drilled into her that your looks will only get a door opened for you but after that you have to have something to show or prove or else you are SOL. I pray to my Good Lord that one day people will describe my daughter as a kind, smart, generous, considerate, thoughtful daughter, now those are words that will make me proud!

:thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Questions:

When was the last time she came to visit?

How many children?

Write our names down...

APPROVED

congrats

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Hey ladies Im on my sidekick on my way home to hubby

Shasuna= ditto hand clapp from me

RGD= GREEDY

Aint it time for a Yardie 20 up to 400 pages... but Ima leave that to the VETS

I can't do the humping bed smiley cuz im on the sidekick but yall know what im going home to do... hopefully he DIDN'T START WITHOUT ME

:rofl::rofl:

event.png

Timeline

wow Shaunsgal, well said!!!

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.