Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Give me your opinion....

Hubby and I were talking last night about circumcision and whether or not we will chose to circumcize our child in the event we have a boy.

How do you guys feel about it? Is it true that most Jamaican men born in Jamaica are not circumcized? Is it a cultural thing, a medical thing or other reason for not doing so? How about Jamaican men born in the US? Anyone on here have an American/Jamaican boy and what did you do?

sorry if i sound like an idiot but I'm really trying to get educated on the matter....

both my son's were not circumcized but my oldest seem like he will need one while my youngest is just fine (according to the doctor) :thumbs: both their fathers are Jamaican and neither of them wanted them to get one :unsure: it might be a cultural thing i am not sure :blush: BTW MAWNING YARDIES! :star:

Edited by MsSheka

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I am thinking about christmas :unsure: my kids always want some EXPENSIVE ####### :angry: ! last year it was the WII and DS LITE :( my daughter (who will be 10) wants a LAPTOP! :blink: my older son's birthday is next month my youngest son's will be December and my Daughter's will be January along with my hubby LAWD HELP MI! :wacko: $$$$$$$$$$$$

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline
who's feeling sexy today?boobies.gif

Finesse behave before di man give you Quaduplets! :whistle:

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am thinking about christmas :unsure: my kids always want some EXPENSIVE ####### :angry: ! last year it was the WII and DS LITE :( my daughter (who will be 10) wants a LAPTOP! :blink: my older son's birthday is next month my youngest son's will be December and my Daughter's will be January along with my hubby LAWD HELP MI! :wacko: $$$$$$$$$$$$

my son wants a laptop too! i saw some pretty good deals. You can get a decent one for like $400. I was thinking to ask his dad to pay 1/2....

Timeline

Dang, we might need to take up a collection for you girl. LMAO You better be out on Black Friday then.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

my son wants a laptop too! i saw some pretty good deals. You can get a decent one for like $400. I was thinking to ask his dad to pay 1/2....

$400 :help::help::help:$$$$$$$$$$

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

Dang, we might need to take up a collection for you girl. LMAO You better be out on Black Friday then.

YES! i will be out on black friday at 3:00AM at BEST BUY! and my son's borthday is the day before thanksgiving he wants to go to the NICK HOTEL IN ORLANDO! :wacko:

grover's feeling sexy!

Grover is a horny little #######

:rofl::rofl:

Edited by MsSheka

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline
Give me your opinion....

Hubby and I were talking last night about circumcision and whether or not we will chose to circumcize our child in the event we have a boy.

How do you guys feel about it? Is it true that most Jamaican men born in Jamaica are not circumcized? Is it a cultural thing, a medical thing or other reason for not doing so? How about Jamaican men born in the US? Anyone on here have an American/Jamaican boy and what did you do?

sorry if i sound like an idiot but I'm really trying to get educated on the matter....

We've had this discussion. From my [minimal] research, it seems that a main reason to do so is because it's easier to keep clean when circumsized. But if one puts in the extra time to clean well, it's no problem.

I told Steven that if he wants to keep our future son(s) uncircumsized, he'll be responsible for teaching them proper hygiene in that area.

We had the discussion too and I was very suprised that V wants his future son (if we have one) to be circumsized. I too thought Jamaicans just don't do that, so he wouldn't want to either. I asked him why he wanted to and he said because he thinks if you are uncircumsized it's easier to get an infection and other complications. I told him I agreed and that I knew a guy at 50 that had to get circumsized because he was having some type of problem. As much as I hate to see a baby go through it I think it has to be much worse for a grown man. I still don't understand why "it" needs to be altered? Why can't they just be born the way it should be, which I guess people against circumcision would said they are. I'm interested to see if any other jamaicans are for it??

Good morning yardies!! I'm up working and my honey is sleeping. I can't be mad though because everytime I visited him he was up early for work.

Nat- how long is Steven going for? The other night I had to go to bed early and V was in the living room watching TV and I nearly died (crazy I know). It's just that it was the first time since he had gotten here we hadn't gone to bed together. So Jawi and Nat I can only imagine how you feel and will feel.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
Give me your opinion....

I would circumsize only becuase Louis is. If he wasnt then I wouldnt. Just so son can be like dad... does that make sense?

I always thought I wouldnt... seems a little harsh... but I saw a show or read something once how a boy general wants to be like his dad and would wonder why he is different.

Still I am not sure. Some people say it has to do with cleanliness but I dated a guy that was not and it sure wasnt funky or anything! LOL

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

morning yardies

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hello yardies i was trying to catch up but that didnt work lol It's good to hear all the good news. I'm getting internet on Friday so i guess i would be more in the loop, umm wanna hear something funny so my ex bf stopped by my mother house and takes my mom and sis out to breakfast and shopping... yeah it just so happens that im going to visit my mom and who's sleeping on the couch MY EX! talking about pissed off im just thinking how would this work when j comes up. okay so i remained calm and chatted with my ex and let him take me out to dinner (i told j a friend took me out to dinner but it was innocent) (j response was that ummmm hummmm thing they do) so while chatting at dinner he tells me how we need to get back together cause he still loves me and no other women can compare to me he loves the way i dress blah blah blah mind you he never told me this stuff while we was together. now the funny part is that he is about to have a baby with a one night stand who just turned 20 yea he is 29 and is talking about he know i would love the baby like it's my own at this point i could not contain my laughter what is wrong with guys! i clearly tells him that im with someone and it's very serious and i wont be able to take him up on his offer after all is said and done he tells me whoever im with better be on they toes cause as soon as he messes up him and his daughter is coming for me... really now that pissed me off the most because my mom was co signing for him #######! I just wish everyone will realize the dream is over its no more me and him... oh and his dumb a$$ comment that he know that my new beau is jamaican because i was eating a beef pattie and coco water earlier that day... I know i should of declined dinner but i just dont understand why he cant except me as a friend ONLY... oh wellz thats my drama...

See what happens when you want a free meal. LOL U have to deal with the foolishness. I can't believe that came out his mouth him and his daughter will be coming for you. Men do crack me up they throw all the compliments and niceness your way when you leave their azz but when you were together they acted as though you wore a paper bag all day. I guess the saying is true you never miss a good thing till its gone. Tell him to keep missing you because your are outtie five G's!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.