Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
This has been bothering me....two weekends ago I decided to take my daughter and cousins (girls 4&8) to a pumpkin patch on a huge farm. Well on our way, there was a really bad accident (little dirt road) that just happened. The car flipped over a few times and was upside down. My daughter jumped out of the car to help. While she's calling 911, she yelled to me that a little boy (between 8-10) was trapped in the car. Luckily two other women came to the rescue who just happened to be EMTs. They were able to get the little boy out but they needed something to stopped the bleeding from a head injury. I ran to my car to find my gym bag...filled with clean t-shirts, pants and bandanas. It helped, thank God.

Meanwhile, the mother is hysterical and faints a few times. So I stayed with her to calm her down and make sure she didn't hurt herself by falling on the ground. The entire time...she kept saying her husband is going to kill her :o I kept reassuring her that would not happen because they are still alive and to be thankful. Finally the ambulance and police arrives, she wants me to stay with her. Her husband shows up and starts acting like a fool...cursing the police out and saying the car had malfunctions. The wife already admitted she speeding a little and hit a ditch. After making sure the son was okay...she cursed out his wife. I was in shock. No wonder she was holding on to me for dear life. Makes me wonder he's abusive.

Anyway, I think about the woman and her son every time I pack my gym bag. It was so sad.

That really IS sad... I mean come on, whatever happen to the value of life...

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
This has been bothering me....two weekends ago I decided to take my daughter and cousins (girls 4&8) to a pumpkin patch on a huge farm. Well on our way, there was a really bad accident (little dirt road) that just happened. The car flipped over a few times and was upside down. My daughter jumped out of the car to help. While she's calling 911, she yelled to me that a little boy (between 8-10) was trapped in the car. Luckily two other women came to the rescue who just happened to be EMTs. They were able to get the little boy out but they needed something to stopped the bleeding from a head injury. I ran to my car to find my gym bag...filled with clean t-shirts, pants and bandanas. It helped, thank God.

Meanwhile, the mother is hysterical and faints a few times. So I stayed with her to calm her down and make sure she didn't hurt herself by falling on the ground. The entire time...she kept saying her husband is going to kill her :o I kept reassuring her that would not happen because they are still alive and to be thankful. Finally the ambulance and police arrives, she wants me to stay with her. Her husband shows up and starts acting like a fool...cursing the police out and saying the car had malfunctions. The wife already admitted she speeding a little and hit a ditch. After making sure the son was okay...she cursed out his wife. I was in shock. No wonder she was holding on to me for dear life. Makes me wonder he's abusive.

Anyway, I think about the woman and her son every time I pack my gym bag. It was so sad.

there is probably ALOT more to that story than meets the eye

he's a bit of a jerk though

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow, Shem, I don't blame you for wondering - and you are a good person for stopping to help, so many people pass that by - From my jaded viewpoint of doing personal injury work for many years - the husband was trying to find someone to blame for the accident besides his wife so that he could get paid -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Wow Shemmy! That is so nice to do what you did! How old is your daughter? That was a wonderful thing for her to do as well.

I would have them on my mind too. Could you call the PD and see if they will give you any info? Maybe they could give the woman your # so she can call you to let you know how things are going. I am sure the police would understand you want to know if they are ok (from the accident).

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
i was looking online for names and thought this one was cute...

for a boy and a girl..

Aidan and Nadia

Aidan is Nadia spelled backwards

:thumbs:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Wow, Shem, I don't blame you for wondering - and you are a good person for stopping to help, so many people pass that by - From my jaded viewpoint of doing personal injury work for many years - the husband was trying to find someone to blame for the accident besides his wife so that he could get paid -

I know. The car ended up in both lanes but people still tried to get by...others just turned around. I have no idea how the mother escaped with hardly no injuries. Or even got out of the car. Her side was smashed pretty bad.

Timeline

For dinner I made a dish inspired by shrimp scampi: shrimp, chicken, small purple potatoes, small regular potatoes, onion, red & yellow bell peppers, mushrooms, TONS of garlic, white wine, butter, oregano, fresh basil, & various other seasonings, served over a bed of seasoned angelhair pasta.

Ha ha....we have some central american priests here and they have these long #### names. Something about their name, baptism name, mother's maiden name on and on and on. Looks like 4 males names in each one there. Maybe honoring lost relative or something.

And, I thought they were pregnant with baby #4???????

Yeah. I also thought they had WAY more than 2 kids together. Homegirl is pregnant every other day.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
Wow Shemmy! That is so nice to do what you did! How old is your daughter? That was a wonderful thing for her to do as well.

I would have them on my mind too. Could you call the PD and see if they will give you any info? Maybe they could give the woman your # so she can call you to let you know how things are going. I am sure the police would understand you want to know if they are ok (from the accident).

My daughter is 17...she jumped out of the car to help before I realized what was happening.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing that. She did not want me to leave her side whatsoever. As a woman and a mother, I could not leave her. Her son was bleeding badly so she kept fainting whenever she looked at him. So we took walks while the EMTs then the paramedics worked on him. She is a school teacher so I told her how she has the most important profession in the world and wanted her to tell me about her students. Such a nice lady.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello everyone... going to catch up

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
I love Wii hula hoop = that is one of my favorite games on wii fit - and it definitely makes a difference!

Mine too. That one (esp the 10 min version) worked up more of a sweat than the rest put together.

Very true. Sounds like you have quite a considerate and selfless daughter.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

That really IS sad... I mean come on, whatever happen to the value of life...

Exactly. I went home, hugged my family and said a prayer for them. Life is precious.

Timeline
MISSA PALMER SOON FORWARD!! HE GOT APPROVED!! :dance: :dance: :dance: The actual interview itself was a breeze. The CO was the same one we had from the 1st time... :wacko: Aside from swearing us both in, and looking at my passport stamps (I had 2 passports, my old one & one w/ my married name) she didn't want to speak to me. Oh wait, she did ask me if we had any kids..we both laughed and said a big NO like they were diseases! :lol: She asked me to sit down & told him to pick up the phone:

CO: I see you were denied in 2006. You guys didn't waste any time filing again did you? (laughing/joking)

Gregory: No we didn't

CO: Good for you.

CO: When did you meet? Where did your wife stay when she came to JA? Where does your wife work? What does she do? He answered all no problems

CO: Congratulations your visa was approved. Go get your wife & go to window 26 to pay DHL

**On a side note, there were a LOT of people being blue slipped and 1 denials. Most blue slips were income related, or folks needing DNA testing. One lady had to get her police certificate from Cayman Islands. Can't remember what the actual denial was for.

We got there around 7:20 am and we were out around 8:45 am...the actual interview was all of 5 minutes!

Now I can breathe...thank you so much ladies for being my rock and my comfort! He and I just looked at each other and laughed (probably nerves). Then we got outside and I let out a huge exhale--and we just held each other for like 2 or 3 minutes...then I went potty...then we went to get breakfast!

omg yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i knew it was all good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are going to be who i turn too for when my time comes 1 year from now....so dont be running off from me now LOL.......i called richard crying and hes like babe whats wrong????? i said nothing tamisha and gregory got through!!! he told me to send congrats to you guys and tell you he is happy for you 2.......CONGRATS!!!!!!

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Timeline
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay i just saw the first sentence!

awww man this has to be ones of the best approval stories ever

yankees girl your time soon come!!!

yes indeed it will and with mrs. p approval it calms my nerves and gives me hope!

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Timeline
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay i just saw the first sentence!

awww man this has to be ones of the best approval stories ever

yankees girl your time soon come!!!

yes indeed it will and with mrs. p approval it calms my nerves and gives me hope!

I agree especially since mine is 6 days from now :blink:

Timeline
yes, for real...mi cyaan believe needa

i'm 13 weeks and due april 12th. i've known that i've been preggo since the day i missed my period but just found out about the double trouble yesterday when hubby and i went to the ultrasound. when the lady told us that there were two in there, hubby and i both looked as though we had been hit by the stupid stick because neither of us said a word for like 30 seconds, just sitting there looking stupid until we both said 'huh?' and the lady said look, there is two in there........and sure enough plain as day two heads and two bodies and hands and legs and all..................and hubby was like wooohooo and i was still looking stupid like omfg!!!

and mi still stupid....mi haffi go jine support group or get to the library or something...

all mi knoa is mi horny and mi hungri!!!!!!!!!!!!! and mi breasts dem look like grapefruits boobies.gif

CONGRATS FINESEE!!!!!!!!!!!! what the he!! is it with the wata????? not only do we breed but a good part of us breed in 2's LOL......so happy for you girl!!!!

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.