Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
BIG UP my gyal mrs p!!!!!!!!!!!!! this will be a breeze..i ain't even tripping LOL

bye my kk.. the world is not always a pleasant place.. we have to cleanse our spirits daily due to the congestion of life not just this board LOL, but i do understand minimizing negative influence in ones life when u feel necessary, so do u mami!!! like others have said, ur positive vibes and love will be missed..

see u on the other side!!!

okay back to work..

ps

peace doesn't mean we agree, just means we RESPECTFULLY disagree LOL BYE!!!

I loved this!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Since Bunz and dem a rush mi, mi couldn't read...now mi fi go catch up! :lol:

bout catch up...u bettah go hug up hubby

Hubby is on the street getting us something to eat and some celebratory drinks! Celebratory rooksin shall commence as soon as him come back! :devil::thumbs:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

*****Disclaimer -- One of Jawi's long posts...feel free to keep moving if it bothers your eyes to read more than one sentence/paragraph at a time****

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

The immigration process is a stressful process all the way around. There is nothing easy about any of it. It takes its toll one way or the other...be it with the amount of time you wait for the infamous red tape to clear...the amount of money you spend...or the nervous anticipation of your immediate future or entire life changing at the swipe of someone's pen.

I understand and know that CR1s were notoriously lengthy to process...it used to be a minimum two year wait. I personally think it is absurd to make family wait that long...however, the USCIS has made some great strides in reducing that time. I have seen some CR1s approved in as little time as a month. I guess what burns me is when I think about the K1 cases that were not expedient at all...and to say they don't matter or that they are not as stressful...wow.

Think about the K1 cases like Mrs. Palmer...yankeesgirl...and I'm sure everyone knows about Estadia (Sarah)...she waited over 2 years for yes...a fiance' visa just to be approved. She is one of the most selfless people I have seen...always encouraging and congratulating people that came way after her. Did it break her heart less because she wasn't married to her man? Did she not cry and wonder why it was taking so long because she wasn't married? I think she has waited longer than most K1s or CR1s combined. I KNOW that Mrs. P and yankeesgirl have waited longer than any of us...they had no choice. They got a delay...but they were committed to their relationships, and opted not to walk away. Now, they have opted to marry and go CR1....but it doesn't make their periods of separation any less stressful or painful.

When I got approved, I celebrated my great news...but I still asked Roxcie how her process was coming along on a fairly consistent basis. I tried to be encouraging towards her...even though her posts always put K1s beneath her. I understand the legalities of being married and separated...but she doesn't come from that angle in the majority of her posts...she comes from a personal angle...almost in attack mode.

None of us created this crazy process...so why not direct the ire toward the appropriate entities that can possibly make the changes rather than her fellow VJers? I'm just tired of her discounting others as less important because they decided to get married in the USA instead of their spouses country.

My response last night was not all warm and fuzzy and politically correct...but when I feel passionate about something, the only way I know how to give it to you is straight. Does it mean I dislike or hate Roxcie? Nope...just dislike her way of thinking on this topic or rather the way she expresses her discontent.

Well said Jawi, It would truly baffle me to think that one would discount anothers journey. No matter what petition each of us file we are on the same exact journey and have one goal to have our SO and loved ones by our sides. Thanks as always for sharing your views and they are never too long :star:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Timeline

Hubby is on the street getting us something to eat and some celebratory drinks! Celebratory rooksin shall commence as soon as him come back! :devil::thumbs:

u reach back a bay areadi?

Timeline
wha kinda lunch yuh want?

Curried Chicken 230/280

Fried Chicken 230/280

Roast Chicken 250/300

Stew Pork 230/280

Stewed Peas 230/280

Fish Slice 350

Red Snapper 500 (Bammy, Breadfruit,Food Rice)Salad Bar with chicken 450

Salad Bar with Fish 550

Pumpkin Soup with Chicken Foot 150/200

Rice & Peas

Plain Rice

Pumpkin Rice

Food

Roast Breadfruit 30 each slice

Raw Veg & Steam Veg.

This what I want! lol

Timeline

lmao @ celebratory rooksin

philly whe di link deh whe yuh fi sen from when?

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

MISSA PALMER SOON FORWARD!! HE GOT APPROVED!! :dance: :dance: :dance: The actual interview itself was a breeze. The CO was the same one we had from the 1st time... :wacko: Aside from swearing us both in, and looking at my passport stamps (I had 2 passports, my old one & one w/ my married name) she didn't want to speak to me. Oh wait, she did ask me if we had any kids..we both laughed and said a big NO like they were diseases! :lol: She asked me to sit down & told him to pick up the phone:

CO: I see you were denied in 2006. You guys didn't waste any time filing again did you? (laughing/joking)

Gregory: No we didn't

CO: Good for you.

CO: When did you meet? Where did your wife stay when she came to JA? Where does your wife work? What does she do? He answered all no problems

CO: Congratulations your visa was approved. Go get your wife & go to window 26 to pay DHL

**On a side note, there were a LOT of people being blue slipped and 1 denials. Most blue slips were income related, or folks needing DNA testing. One lady had to get her police certificate from Cayman Islands. Can't remember what the actual denial was for.

We got there around 7:20 am and we were out around 8:45 am...the actual interview was all of 5 minutes!

Now I can breathe...thank you so much ladies for being my rock and my comfort! He and I just looked at each other and laughed (probably nerves). Then we got outside and I let out a huge exhale--and we just held each other for like 2 or 3 minutes...then I went potty...then we went to get breakfast!

respect-059.GIF Congrats Mrs P I am sooooooo Happy for you!

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
MISSA PALMER SOON FORWARD!! HE GOT APPROVED!! :dance: :dance: :dance: The actual interview itself was a breeze. The CO was the same one we had from the 1st time... :wacko: Aside from swearing us both in, and looking at my passport stamps (I had 2 passports, my old one & one w/ my married name) she didn't want to speak to me. Oh wait, she did ask me if we had any kids..we both laughed and said a big NO like they were diseases! :lol: She asked me to sit down & told him to pick up the phone:

CO: I see you were denied in 2006. You guys didn't waste any time filing again did you? (laughing/joking)

CO: When did you meet? Where did your wife stay when she came to JA? Where does your wife work? What does she do? He answered all no problems

CO: Congratulations your visa was approved. Go get your wife & go to window 26 to pay DHL

**On a side note, there were a LOT of people being blue slipped and 1 denials. Most blue slips were income related, or folks needing DNA testing. One lady had to get her police certificate from Cayman Islands. Can't remember what the actual denial was for.

We got there around 7:20 am and we were out around 8:45 am...the actual interview was all of 5 minutes!

Now I can breathe...thank you so much ladies for being my rock and my comfort! He and I just looked at each other and laughed (probably nerves). Then we got outside and I let out a huge exhale--and we just held each other for like 2 or 3 minutes...then I went potty...then we went to get breakfast!

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy MrsP!!!! You set the standard for the rest of us October filers!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

MRS P!! That is wonderful news!! Do you guys have any plans for when he will fly after he receive the visa?

When you coming home?? I think you should pick up a few bottles of rum cream so we can celebrate when he gets here!!!! lol!!!

I am serious about the rum cream!

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Timeline

u reach back a bay areadi?

We stayed at the Sandhurst in Kingston

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline

i think the sandhurst will become the standard place for ppl to stay when they go for their interviews

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.