Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG, you have said it correctly, it's later rather than sooner. Ending a relationship without legal ties is easier than ending one with legal ties.

easier technically (paperwork) but not necessarily emotionally..

my break up w/ rg was MUCH harder to deal w/ than my divorce
..its just not always true for everyone.. so now im not married to the love of my life and we are denied, i should just dust myself off and move on? at least i wasn't married to him??

i know u probably didn't mean it this way hun, but its something u say a lot, maybe not realizing it..

Q, why don't we look at the number of relationship went enter into, they break-up and we move on to the next. Compare that the number to the number of marriages we enter into. When I use the pronoun (We) I mean the universa of people. Every relationship does not turn into a marrage, therefore a marriage does have stronger emotional commitments, than a non-married relationship.

So, Q, if your break -up w rg was MUCH harder to deal w/than my divorce, why does things your ex do, get next to you so much? Just asking, since you made the statement. Please don't explain yourself, becuse you owe noone not even me, an explanation of your feelings. Again, this is my observation from your posting....

You just don't get it Roxcie. We see women entering into marriages with Jamaican men that they have known for 1 week. Are you seriously saying that because they said vows they had stronger emotional commitments? Please! Take that WEAK argument somewhere.

Sorry Q...I know you can handle this one...but I have to say it. Q is upset by things her ex does because she has children with him...and his stupidity affects the moral well being of her children. Any good mother will be upset when the father of their children is not acting in a way that uplifts and positively teaches their children.

You posted that Joel lived here with you...so why is he having such a hard time adjusting to the States now...just an observation from your postings. Do you see how ludicrous your statement to Q was? I think I better get ready for work...before I really loose my composure and all sense of decorum.

Yuh nuh easy star. Beer phuckery yuh ah chat mi gyal. :angry:

0insijou.png

According to God's favor...Happily married on 09~09~09

See "Our Story" for K-1 timeline

~AOS Timeline~

Nov 28, 2009 ~~ Mailed off Packet

Dec 01, 2009 ~~ Delivered to Chicago Lockbox and signed for by "L. Box"

Dec 07, 2009 ~~ Check Cashed!

Dec 12, 2009 ~~ All 3 NOA1s received in the mail (dated 12/7/09)

Dec 17, 2009 ~~ InfoPass appointment (Emergency AP granted)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ Biometric Letter arrived (dated 12/15/09)

Dec 28, 2009 ~~ RFE for I-693 (dated 12/22/09)

Jan 11, 2010 ~~ Completed Biometrics

Jan 14, 2010 ~~ Sent I-693 in sealed envelope via US Priority Mail

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Jan 20, 2010 ~~ USCIS acknowledged receipt of RFE on I-485 only

Jan 22, 2010 ~~ I-131 AP and I-765 EAD approved (email notice on 1/25/10)

Jan 28, 2010 ~~ USCIS email that I-485 was transferred to CSC on 1/26/10

Jan 30, 2010 ~~ Received EAD and AP via US Postal Service

Feb 01, 2010 ~~ Received notification of case transfer via USPS

May 07, 2010 ~~ Email notification that card production ordered for 1-485

Jun 01, 2010 ~~ Greencard finally arrives w/approval date 2/23/10 (Huh??)

Done until November 25, 2011!!!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just wanted to come through and wish Mrs. P the best for tomorrow. This has been a loong time coming!

Just wanted to come through and wish Mrs. P the best for tomorrow. This has been a loong time coming!

Thompson....

Seen ur pics on FB and I luvs them!!! U and Vaghn seem so happy and you two are hitting the town up. The facial expressions you two made in ur pics had me cracking up and the venue for your reception looks like its going to be very very nice. Man I miss Miami. I had a ball when I went.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good morning ladies....there is no way I'm catching up on this thread, It should be a podcast...LOL

Hoping to hear Good news from Mrs_Palmer today.

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning ladies....there is no way I'm catching up on this thread, It should be a podcast...LOL

Hoping to hear Good news from Mrs_Palmer today.

Morning, Sav - that's when you just ask for a summary, lol - someone will post a brief outline!

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
JG, you have said it correctly, it's later rather than sooner. Ending a relationship without legal ties is easier than ending one with legal ties.

..its just not always true for everyone.. so now im not married to the love of my life and we are denied, i should just dust myself off and move on? at least i wasn't married to him??

i know u probably didn't mean it this way hun, but its something u say a lot, maybe not realizing it..

Q, why don't we look at the number of relationship went enter into, they break-up and we move on to the next. Compare that the number to the number of marriages we enter into. When I use the pronoun (We) I mean the universa of people. Every relationship does not turn into a marrage, therefore a marriage does have stronger emotional commitments, than a non-married relationship.

So, Q, if your break -up w rg was MUCH harder to deal w/than my divorce, why does things your ex do, get next to you so much? Just asking, since you made the statement. Please don't explain yourself, becuse you owe noone not even me, an explanation of your feelings. Again, this is my observation from your posting....

You just don't get it Roxcie. We see women entering into marriages with Jamaican men that they have known for 1 week. Are you seriously saying that because they said vows they had stronger emotional commitments? Please! Take that WEAK argument somewhere.

Sorry Q...I know you can handle this one...but I have to say it. Q is upset by things her ex does because she has children with him...and his stupidity affects the moral well being of her children. Any good mother will be upset when the father of their children is not acting in a way that uplifts and positively teaches their children.

You posted that Joel lived here with you...so why is he having such a hard time adjusting to the States now...just an observation from your postings. Do you see how ludicrous your statement to Q was? I think I better get ready for work...before I really loose my composure and all sense of decorum.

go jawi!! :thumbs: ding ding ding

Happy Hump Day!!!

Can't wait to hear the GREAT news Mrs. P!!!!!

Timeline
*****Disclaimer -- One of Jawi's long posts...feel free to keep moving if it bothers your eyes to read more than one sentence/paragraph at a time**** :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P

MI YUH CHAT DONT IT :rofl::rofl::bonk::hehe:

:yes: :yes: :rofl: and de wan Bunzarelli...LMAO

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Jan 19, 2010 ~~ Reply to RFE delivered to Lee's Summit, MO @ 5:03 PM signed for by "C BUCHHOLZ"

Bunnzarelli, I know the stress for a CR1 is different than the stress for the K1. It was like if they didn't approve my husband what ws I going to do. But I will say if you follow the James short cut, everything works out just fine.

I guess I am taking this wrong cause reading it I'm saying ####### Roxie. What would K-1 people do if they weren't approved? Same thing CR1 would do........move to JA or do a LDM.

I think you are saying it's because you are already married. But, in truth, the K-1 would do exactly the same thing. There is still the commitment...just later rather then sooner in the filing process.

Thank you JG and Quana for attempting to explain that a "process" does not make or break a true relationship. Roxcie just when I think you may be okay...you go and type something so insensitive...and excuse my french IGNORANT that I don't even have the strength to shake my head. I am a K1 filer that has been in a LOVING COMMITTED relationship for 5 years...my relationship would not end simply because the government said no. We would have figured out another course of action to give our love and relationship a fighting chance. Are you really saying that if you were denied, you would walk away from Joel...and your biggest worry is the legal ramifications of severing ties? WOW...and we wonder why the divorce rate is so high.

Your pain and mental anguish was no harder than any of the other people waiting to be reunited with their loved ones...married or not. Believe that.

Not one single solitary aspect of this process is easy for anyone concerned...how narcissistic of you! You may be able to have a cheerleading section in the CR1 forums with this backwards...nonsensical way of thinking...but I for one am sick of it. Get over yourself and the fact that YOU CHOSE to get married first and live separately from your husband. The processing time is clearly spelled out that it will be longer for spouses instead of fiance's...wayyyy before you made the MATURE ADULT decision to go with the longer of the two. You opted to marry prior to filing...and that reason was yours and Joel's...it is respected here. So why not give other couples that make the best decision for their situation the same respect?

I'm so tired of people thinking that their individual situation is far worse or more important than the next person. Man...I said I wouldn't do this again...but I had to get that off my chest. What happened to comradarie and having a little compassion for the rest of the yardie women that did decide to file K1? Then you had the nerve to thumb your nose at JG (another K1 filer). GEEEZZZZ!!!

Do me a favor when you try to respond...please use spell check first so I don't have to ask you to clarify your response.

Jawi, I had typed a whole page responds to you, then I decided that I didn't need to explain my self to you. You think what you want, I will say to JG, that all I did in my second resonds to her, was explain what I was saying, after she asked me the question.

All I can do is sit here and shake my head at your post. Be weary of judging...........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

WE SHOULD BE HEARING SOMETHING FROM MRS P SOON I WOULD THINK......ITS AN HOUR AND A HALF PAST PER INTERVIEW TIME........I DONT EVEN WANT TO GO TO WORK TIL WE HEAR SOMETHING......COME ON TAMISHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

what time is mrs p's interview?

730AM

~ 11/06/08 K-1 visa was denied and a 2 year ban placed on our file

~ 02/09/10 married my best friend

28152.png

jamaicajune20090001a.jpg

Timeline
Jawi, I had typed a whole page responds to you, then I decided that I didn't need to explain my self to you. You think what you want, I will say to JG, that all I did in my second resonds to her, was explain what I was saying, after she asked me the question.

All I can do is sit here and shake my head at your post. Be weary of judging...........

I'm happy to see we agreed on one thing. I continue to shake my head at your posts...as do a lot of other people on the thread. Your comments are comical at best...and make absolutely no sense...notwithstanding the grammatical errors. I probably wouldn't have been able to decipher half of the page you typed anyway. C'est la vie! :whistle::thumbs:

Edited by jawi876

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
WE SHOULD BE HEARING SOMETHING FROM MRS P SOON I WOULD THINK......ITS AN HOUR AND A HALF PAST PER INTERVIEW TIME........I DONT EVEN WANT TO GO TO WORK TIL WE HEAR SOMETHING......COME ON TAMISHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

730AM

WOW!! What an exciting day!! :dance::dance:

Timeline

730AM

WOW!! What an exciting day!! :dance::dance:

YG remember they still have to go through the process of musical chairs and windows too. So I would say give her about 2.5 hours after the scheduled time. It is nerve-wracking...like I'm going through it all over again. :biting my nails smiley:

0insijou.png

~AOS Timeline~

go jawi!! :thumbs: ding ding ding

Happy Hump Day!!!

Can't wait to hear the GREAT news Mrs. P!!!!!

Jawi, why are you speaking for Q, my comment was to her, she may think she was over her marrage breaking up, but she is still going thru some emotional part of that break-up. Q, again, I was not asking why are you upset at the actions your ex extend toward his children, my question was why does those things your ex- do toward you bother you. But again Q, forget I even post the question, it was a question I would have asked you if you were sitting or standing right here in front of me. It was not a question to say, hey look at your relationship, it was a question being asked to enable us to ask another question, so we could have gotten on the same page.

Jawi, the answer to your question, my husband just like any one who have left there family, was homesick. To be clear to YOU, my husband has adjusted just fine to being here in the US. If he had not shown signs of missing his family, I would have to wonder.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.