Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Joel got his CG, within 3 weeks time. Since he already had a SS from his previous work stay here in 2007. This did make getting everything within this week time easier. We got GC, State ID, Bank Acct and Credit Card, cell phone account all within this time period. We are waiting on Driver Lic, he will have to take a 3 week, class, so no need to rush.

Now we have job applications out, just waiting for a call back.

Roxcie, did you add him to one of your credit cards?

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Joel got his CG, within 3 weeks time. Since he already had a SS from his previous work stay here in 2007. This did make getting everything within this week time easier. We got GC, State ID, Bank Acct and Credit Card, cell phone account all within this time period. We are waiting on Driver Lic, he will have to take a 3 week, class, so no need to rush.

:wow:

Sounds like things are moving right a long Roxcie! B)

Good luck with the job prospects (F)

Hi dillon smiley-greet013.gif

Timeline
as to di one finesse! t4602.gif i missed you!

awww, thanks! i had a terrible day yesterday. some little focker broke into my garage and smashed the back window of my car and stole some cd's and a pack of gum. the worst part of it was that the front door of the car was open so they could have just nicely taken the cd's and left......

at least my hubby was off work yesterday so we were home together...even tho it cost us $300!!!

R u serious? They broke in for some damn CDs and gum? Wow times must really be bad.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

JG, both food processors are really good. I love cuisinart products too. Enjoy, I'm sur your going to love it.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

you guys are moving right along Roxie...how is your daughter doing?

Hi Dillon, thanks for asking about Brycie, she is doing fine, but there is some adjustment going on for her too. It's hard for them to share when they have had you all to themselves for so long. I sent her to her fathers foor the weekend, because she needed some individual attention.

you guys are moving right along Roxie...how is your daughter doing?

Hi Dillon, thanks for asking about Brycie, she is doing fine, but there is some adjustment going on for her too. It's hard for them to share when they have had you all to themselves for so long. I sent her to her fathers foor the weekend, because she needed some individual attention.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Hi Dillon!

We had a good weekend. My friend called and asked if Tierra could spend the night saturday (our daughters are BFFS) so Louis and I went out. I ran into a French girl I went to college with. She had a friend who started chatting with Louis about football. I love it when Louis makes friends. So this guy (HOT!!) had this nice accent... asked where he was from. His "mum" was fast he said.... he was 1/2 english 1/2 Mauritous (spelling??) ... he has a sister that is 1/2 Jamaican and a sister that is 1/2 Lucian! LOL... said she had a preference for the darker persuation!!

I love running into fun adults while out ... and not just foolish youngins'!

How was your weekend... how are the kids getting along?

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
where the hell were you all yesterday? t0156.gif

LOL @ that smiley.

I'm :dance: today. Not only is Steven cooking for the third day in a row, but my supervisor just informed me that starting in October, I'm getting a raise!

Also in good news, Steven has connected with many of his family members (including his sister in New York) and friends. He is ALWAYS in a good mood after talking to people in the Yard.

On another note, this is HARD.

Food's done. Gotta go!

Huh?? How you going to say this is hard and then leave us hanging.. What's hard??

Whoo hoo Congrats on the raise part :dance: !!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

that's great!

how hard is it to get a cell phone plan?

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Roxcie, did you add him to one of your credit cards?

NO, Bank of America will give 1st time Credit Card holders a small credir. His bank acct is with Bank of America, becuse they have an association with the Scora sp Bank in JA.

Timeline

AMERICAN PHONE COMPANY BLOCKS JAMAICAN CALLS? - Customers claim lottery scam is the cause

The notorious lottery scam out of Montego Bay, St James, may have forced at least one major American telecommunications company to bar calls to Jamaica, THE STAR has learnt.

A resident of Long Beach in California, USA, on Friday said she recently made the discovery after she tried to call the island. She immediately contacted the phone company.

"I was calling from my house phone because I have (the phone company's) long-distance package and it just wouldn't go through," she said. The customer said she was puzzled none of the calls would go through as just days before she used the service without glitches. "So I called (the phone company) and asked what was happening and they told me they had a problem with Jamaica. They say Jamaicans were calling people and scamming tens of thousands of dollars from them, so they cut off my long distance."

verification process

The customer said she had to go through a lengthy verification process with the company to establish that her calling and receiving calls from Jamaica had nothing to do with the lottery scam before the service was reconnected. The customer also claimed she was not the only one affected as the company representative she spoke with said the same barring was placed on other accounts.

When THE STAR contacted the company, the director of communications said although he knew of the lottery scam "involving calls to/ from Jamaica," he could not confirm the information the customer contacted THE STAR with.

The spokesman said he was currently unaware of any barring of Jamaican calls and as such has instructed the product director and manager of the company's international long-distance service to conduct investigations into the claims. He promised a future update as soon as the matter is finalised.

profitable scam

The lottery scam came to light in 2005 and has since boomed into a multimillion-dollar business for criminals. The scam artists use illicitly obtained personal information about American citizens to con them, via telephone, into sending money under the guise that they had won a lottery.

Earlier this year, Jamaican Operations Linked to Telemarketing (JOLT) task force was launched to tackle the scam. JOLT comprises the Immigration Customs Enforcement division of the United States Homeland Security Department, the United States Embassy in Jamaica, and personnel from a number of national authorities, including the Jamaica Constabulary Force, the Customs, Passport and Immigration departments, the Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions, the Montego Bay Resident Magistrate's Court, and the Financial Investigations Division of the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

that's great!

Sprint has a plan with a credit limit associated with it, so when he goes over 350.00 they shut his phone off, until he pays them to no be over the 350.00 credit limit. This helps with the JA calls....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

that's great!

Sprint has a plan with a credit limit associated with it, so when he goes over 350.00 they shut his phone off, until he pays them to no be over the 350.00 credit limit. This helps with the JA calls....

Great Job Roxcie! You are awesome!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

that's great!

That's great Roxie. Damien had no problems getting a credit card with Bank of America...never had to add him to mine. And no problems with Sprint either.

Timeline

A 40-year-old mason from Cascade in Lucea, Hanover, yesterday had to be taken to the hospital and bathroom after an angry mob in the community beat him with sticks and stones for what they saw as an act of disrespect.

Residents from the area who spoke with THE STAR said the incident occurred sometime after 2 p.m. following roadworks which were being done on the Smithfield Road in the community.

Potholes had apparently overtaken the road and several persons took to the streets with cement and gravel trying to effect repairs the best they could.

The residents said that after they finished fixing the thoroughfare, the directive was issued that no one should drive on it until it was properly dry. That, however, fell on at least one deaf ear, as a man is said to have driven on the new road not once, but three times.

On his third spin, however, all hell and his intestines, broke lose, THE STAR was told, as the incensed workmen blocked in the driver, dragged him from around the steering wheel and delivered a fine beating.

unlawful wounding

When THE STAR contacted the Lucea police, sources at the station confirmed the incident and said they were currently seeking three men in relation with the matter, which was reported as a case of unlawful wounding.

One police source said, when the beaten man showed up at the station to make the report, some of them had to leave as the man brought a strong stench with him.

While the officer was taking the report from him he asked "A who smell so?" and the mason said "a me", the police source related. At this point the source said some colleagues were fighting to not laugh while others went for fresh air. The police personnel said the man told them he crapped his pants after the angry mob showered down blows after blows upon his body.

The police source said the report was taken as quickly as possible and the man rushed off to the hospital and bathroom. His left hand and right leg were fractured during the ordeal, THE STAR was told, in addition to other bruises over his body.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
My cousin let me use her bullett (that sounds gross) but I hated it! It had no power, was sorta awkward/messy.

I have a little "oscar" that my mom gave me a million years ago and it is perfect. Its small but great for doing little things.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: My mind went straight to the gutter

LOL Me too... as I wrote it.

eewwwww... Get your minds outta the gutter.

I am the only one who is excused and free to leave my mind in the gutter - you all have your hubbies, I have my bullet :whistle:

Sus I beat you at least you have a boyfriend I dont even have one of those. (As I push Sus) so move over while I take first place on this.

Edited by DaDa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.