Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I called JetBlue to check on flights to St Lucia. The woman says "we don't fly to St Lucia"... I say "yes you do, starting in October"... Oh, OK! I had to give her airport codes and tell her to search different days of the week because the flights wont run every day. Also had to tell her it connects in JFK. UGH

While I LOVE flying Jetblue, I found their telephone customer service reps are not the most knowledgeable. I was ready to scream when I was at JFK trying to find out where Jr was coming in because phone reps were telling me one terminal and counter reps were telling me another.

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
LOL Shemmy so you feel me! I told Hubby and he talking about going all the way down town this weekend to get a 4 pack LOL don't temp me!

OH Man no Shemmy this weekend :crying: ok let me know when the next open house is! Temple has the best Cafeteria LOL ask me how I know I am so greedy I get in where I fit in :yes:

The next one is November 21st....get ready to eat lol. We'll make plans.

We're going to Atlanta for Thanksgiving :dance: Love road trips.

Shemmy we should link up!! I'm going to SC for thanksgiving week to spend with my brother, but I'm renting a car and driving down to see Jawi one day.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

yoooooooooo jet blue has a flight to ja for 200 and something dollars

i should have passed that on to sus but i forgot

in nov i beleive

that's with taxes and everything

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Timeline
I have only seen like 3 Moose in my whole life. That was a couple years ago, mama and her 2 calfs.

There are good people up here too. :)

But I agree, there is alot of snow.

My one trip to Maine (long story behind it) - I saw NOTHING but Moose on the road - then we stopped at a gas station and went in to use the bathroom - there were dead animals hanging in the bathroom from the towel hook - The town had 1 store that was gas / grocery / restaurant - and the postmaster was the sheriff! Not for me!!

There are pretty parts though - it's just too cold for me, lol

I called JetBlue to check on flights to St Lucia. The woman says "we don't fly to St Lucia"... I say "yes you do, starting in October"... Oh, OK! I had to give her airport codes and tell her to search different days of the week because the flights wont run every day. Also had to tell her it connects in JFK. UGH

While I LOVE flying Jetblue, I found their telephone customer service reps are not the most knowledgeable. I was ready to scream when I was at JFK trying to find out where Jr was coming in because phone reps were telling me one terminal and counter reps were telling me another.

I never have used their telephone service, I always book online - Jet Blue in NY has been very confused recently cause they built the new terminal - seems like they have it straightened out now - the new terminal is GORGEOUS with lots of stuff in it, and free wifi

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Timeline
Where East? North East?? Come to Maine! LOL

There's nothing in Maine but Snow and Moose! LOL

CT would be a good choice - easy access to MIL, Island, and Me!

:yes: Pssstt...Sus, we got to find her a job!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I made a deal with Tierra last night. Told her I wanted to cancel cable TV but we could join the YMCA. So we could go swimming in the evenings. And let her know she would still get Saturday morning cartoons and PBS. She was all ok with that... said she would miss Jonas, but she would deal.

Can I tell you, Louis was having a pout 'cause he will miss wrestling!!!??? OMG, its not worth the $100/month. WHat a big kid!!

I don't have cable either and here wrestling does come on Friday nights. So keep your fingers crossed he could still get it.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

WHEEWWWW... WILD OOMAN..

so what are Gregory's thoughts?? of course i know he's just ready to be w/ u but

is he scared of the new life?? does he know what kind of work he'd like to do??

Q...he's surprisingly calm. I mean, he's anxious to be here and be together...and he is READY to work! He's worried about stuff like traffic and how's he going to get around, and meeting new people and having to talk in front of them (he is so extremely shy--If I hadn't thrown myself on him we would've never met! :lol:) NC isn't all that advanced in the public transportation dept. I mean there's a bus system (that runs so crazy from when I was in DC/MD) and taxis, but mostly people drive. I think a bike and a bus pass will be the first investment. As for work, he's game for anything in the beginning. He has his heart set on being a chef, so will probably look into getting him into some sort of culinary program which can hopefully lead him into some nice places for employment. I told him to consider starting his own pool cleaning business so he knows all about that stuff and is something that he could do without a lot of the extra education stuff...he's open to it, but of course he would need his own truck for transport. He also is serious about getting his GED (thank goodness), so he'll probably be enrolled in classes in the spring I suppose.

That's whats up Mrs P there is nothing like Man with a Plan! :thumbs:

I LOVE THE NVC...

m0736.gif

:crying:

What Happened JA P what are they saying?

What in the world Oct 1st is tomorrow!!! that makes no sense! :wow:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Timeline
yoooooooooo jet blue has a flight to ja for 200 and something dollars

i should have passed that on to sus but i forgot

in nov i beleive

that's with taxes and everything

Thanks Bunz, already grabbed one - $259 RT

Timeline

Yup - Dill, send your resume!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If I had a job I would move! :yes: Hubby and i were just talking about it last night.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
I made a deal with Tierra last night. Told her I wanted to cancel cable TV but we could join the YMCA. So we could go swimming in the evenings. And let her know she would still get Saturday morning cartoons and PBS. She was all ok with that... said she would miss Jonas, but she would deal.

Can I tell you, Louis was having a pout 'cause he will miss wrestling!!!??? OMG, its not worth the $100/month. WHat a big kid!!

I don't have cable either and here wrestling does come on Friday nights. So keep your fingers crossed he could still get it.

He watches on 3 channels. About 4 nights a week! Obsessed!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

sus that is a fantastic price

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.