Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

KK, I read some of the thread you posted comparing response to flooding from people in Phillipines (sp?) vs New Orleans. But I got disgusted so I quit reading it.

Question:

If you and your spouse went to visit your parents who lived in another state, would it be considered rude if you and you spouse stayed in a hotel instead of the parents' house?

If their house is big enough, sure. My parents now live alone in a 3-bedroom house & have converted 2 rooms to guest rooms, so we'd stay there. My relatives in Atlanta, though, have 9 people living in that house. I think we'd get a hotel if we ever went there.

Ells, I do like Adam Sandler too! I was just talking about him to Louis yesterday. He is from NH so I am partial to his New Englandness... LOL

I like some of his movies, esp Waterboy, but even the ones I like have parts that are so silly I can't watch. (Like all the hummus eating in the Zohan one)

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh, ######.........

Someone PM me and tell me how to view this stupid board. When I go into the yardie thread, I get Kimmy's first post and then they are all black lines under. I want to see them all. Someone remind me how to expand this again.

You have to PM me though.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawnin Yardies.

Hump Day is finally here. :dance:

Portland, I hope everything works out for you guy's. I'm scared about sending my personal information out to, so I know how you feel.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: Timeline
Oh, ######.........

Someone PM me and tell me how to view this stupid board. When I go into the yardie thread, I get Kimmy's first post and then they are all black lines under. I want to see them all. Someone remind me how to expand this again.

go to options (tab) in the thread and click STANDARD

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Question:

If you and your spouse went to visit your parents who lived in another state, would it be considered rude if you and you spouse stayed in a hotel instead of the parents' house?

I think it depends on their living space. I know no matter who's house I go to, if they give up their bedroom or have extra sleeping space, it is expected to stay at their house. If however, more family members are coming or something, we are usually the first one's booted as the elders get the bed space.

I would almost say your parents will be upset if you don't stay at their house.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good morning all

I JUST WANNA SAY IT IS OFFICIAL WWW.OAFJF.ORG IS UP..STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION..BUT IT'S THERE..A LITTLE INFO TOO

THANKS TO EVERYONE!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Edited by SupportOAFJF

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline
Oh, ######.........

Wow its still going on...

Timeline
is ur screen weird guys?? I have everyones quote at the bottom of the screen :blush:

Change the view back to 'standard'....VJ seems to have hiccuped today.

Up at the top right of the thread, under options, choose standard view or something like that.

Thanks, Ells. That's what I needed.

Ells, I do like Adam Sandler too! I was just talking about him to Louis yesterday. He is from NH so I am partial to his New Englandness... LOL

I made Veggie Joes yesterday and had his Sloppy Joe/Lunch Lady song stuck in my head.... and I LOVE his Hannukah song.

Louis didn't find him as amusing.

I have those and his Turkey song on my iPod. I love him.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Mawning Yardies :star:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Timeline

God Damn people I work with. I swear they are all having hot flashes. Men included. My office mate and I like it warm in here. We are not fond of the A/C too much cause we have a big enough office for two A/C units and one of them blows on our heads. Anyhow, it's been in the 40's at night and only up into the 60's maybe 70's during day. We like the stupid windows open. All these "HELPFUL" people come in here and tell us how warm it is. I'm sitting here in a long sleeve shirt, a sweater, and a jacket. Sarah is in a sweater. If you don't like the temperature of our office, stop freakin' coming in here. I get so tired of this shyt. I sit in here all day long...........you come in here for a minute here and there to use the damn copier......shouldn't it be more important that WE are comfortable???????

OK, rant over. Thanks for listening.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline

vj is so stupid today too..

i have logged in 3 times already... it keeps pushing me back out.. uggh..

i guess that means i gotta post something or move the heck on..

Good morning all..

im so happy now.. no longer will i obsess over my bank account.. both checks were cashed TODAY :dance::dance::dance: we are on our way.. we are on our way!!!

roger said, so that means that they have all they need, and nothing is wrong.. im like no baby, that just mean they cashed the check, got another 2-3 mnths to see if we clear LOL

well, now i can obsess bout something else :whistle:

be blessed all

Filed: Timeline

Portland..i think there is some trust issue going here..does she trust u enough to send her baby to u? what will she do with the info mroe than now she has an idea of what is or maybe she does..i think u would need some sort of trust to get this done..and maybe u guys need to become cordial with each other..no matter how crazy my step kids mom is..we speak and i think we must in order to take care of each others kids..K has been with her before..she held her all dat...he dad was there of course but something has to give

Edited by Chiney*Eyes

Timeline

I had that wierd view thing last night - I just logged off and gave up - figured it was a sign I needed to continue doing my homework and not be playing on the board!

Portland..i think there is some trust issue going here..does she trust u enough to send her baby to u? what will she do with the info mroe than now she has an idea of what is or maybe she does..i think u would need some sort of trust to get this done..and maybe u guys need to become cordial with each other..no matter how crazy my step kids mom is..we speak and i think we must in order to take care of each others kids..kimora has been with her before..she held kimora all dat...Kashi was there of course but something has to give

I can understand Portland's issue - I wouldn't want to give her my bank account info, SSN, etc... either - that is giving someone way too much access to your info - the ability to open credit cards, etc....

Is there a family member you can trust to meet her at the embassy, and that way you can have them hand her the envelope that day?

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.