Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

KK, when we visted my mom we stayed at her house, she got 4 bedrooms and her bedroom is on the first floor and the rest is on the second, if we weren't married I would probably feel weird about being in bed with a man in my parents house, but since we were it didnt bother me.. but my step-dad doesn't know we are married I wonder if he thought that was rude....

I would rather stay at a hotel if I I wanted to go out and come in late and not feel like I was disturbing the household.. If its not someone I knew well and comfortable with I would stay at a hotel too.. but you should ask your hubby how he feels if its his family....

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

I emailed the embassy last week asking for an appointment for the k2 visa for A's daughter, and they emailed me back yesterday with a date for 10/29 @ 8:30am still waiting on baby-momma response if she will be able to take her then.. But we have to send a new affadavit of support, and I wrote the emassy asking if I can fedex them the information since my husband and I cannot attend the interview and I didn't feel comfortable with his ex having our personal financial information..

They wrote back and said I can fedex but there is no guranteen it would be there before the interview and I should do it as soon as possible or mail it to the baby-momma with instruction not to open... How would I know if she opened it...

I total hubby that if I have to send my tax return to his ex then we can just scrap this k2 process cause I am not sending her our bank account info, w2, none a dat...

So going to fedex it and pray it gets there and get to our file....

~9/8/08 - I-129F sent VSC

~9/17/08 - NOA1 received[/color]

~9/22/08 - I29F approved

~9/26/08 - NOA 2 received

~10-01-08 - NVC processed petition

~10-03-08 - Packet 3 mailed

~10-15-08 - Packet 3 dropped off at embassy

~11-21-08 - Interview!

~11-21-2008- VISA APPROVED!!!

~12-9-08 - arrived-POE JFK

married on ~2-27-09-

===========================================

AOS

~3-13-09 Mailed AOS

~3-16-09 AOS received

~3-23-09 NOA1 received

~4-21-09 Biometrics appt

~3-31-09 Biometics Done!

~5/1/09 AP Received

~4/27/09 EAD order for production

~7/24/09 =AOS interview

~7/24/09 = GC approved pending completed vaccination record.

~8/27/09 = provided an updated vaccination record (hubby had to get another shot)

~9/08/09 = GC in Hand (360 days from filing k1)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:rofl: @ SunRay's squirrel with a white line story.

:bonk: at myself for not first understanding why JG asked finesse about a crack pipe when she wished us a Happy Friday.

IslandWoman, I saw The Proposal. I enjoyed it as well.

Speaking of actors we find too silly [sometimes], I'd add Robin Williams & Adam Sandler.

lol @ Dillon's & Irie's daughters catching them.

:lol: @ DaDa outing JG's overnight adventure.

Edited by NatPatBen

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Question:

If you and your spouse went to visit your parents who lived in another state, would it be considered rude if you and you spouse stayed in a hotel instead of the parents' house?

I don't think it's rude...just depends on the circumstance. If it's a smaller place, a hotel is probably the better option. If they have the room, then it might be okay for a night or two.

:bonk: at myself for not first understanding why JG asked finesse about a crack pipe when she wished us a Happy Friday.

Speaking of actors we find too silly [sometimes], I'd add Robin Williams & Adam Sandler.

LOL! I also missed the 'Friday' part of Finesse's post at first.

I just saw Robin Williams the weekend before last. They had free comedy in the park & he accepted some kind of ambassador (or something??) award. He was his usual over-the-top self but I just love him no matter what. I also like 90% of what Adam Sandler does. Sometimes the slapstick humor really does it for me.

Timeline
is ur screen weird guys?? I have everyones quote at the bottom of the screen :blush:

Change the view back to 'standard'....VJ seems to have hiccuped today.

Up at the top right of the thread, under options, choose standard view or something like that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Ells, I do like Adam Sandler too! I was just talking about him to Louis yesterday. He is from NH so I am partial to his New Englandness... LOL

I made Veggie Joes yesterday and had his Sloppy Joe/Lunch Lady song stuck in my head.... and I LOVE his Hannukah song.

Louis didn't find him as amusing.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Man can't afford U.S., seeks deportation.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33069748/ns/us...life/?GT1=43001

Edited by *SunRay*

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good evening everyone ..i finally caught up...hope everyone has a great night

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Timeline
Q; I've seen his arrogance 10 folds at an event they had at the school he use to go to in my parish...he's young, he's good and he knows it...but no matter how much fame and riches you have you must nevah figet a who put you pon top

This have never been said better! You NEVER forget where ya come from!

Hi, All

Super busy day at work so can't chat.

mstee, got your PM. Will address it when I get home.

Thank you! :)

Timeline
That's exactly how I feel! I know there may be RFEs or delays on the way but the two things I'm happiest about are that 1) he can get his state ID now (which will help with a WHOLE lot of things here) & 2) with that 'receipt' (NOA1) he is basically legal even though he is still out of status. Just a sigh of relief is all....I know there's a lot up ahead....I'm not really that anxious about it though. Talk to me if/when the 6 month mark passes.

thats always a good ting!

Timeline
Just stopped by to say hello. The class wiped a sista out today. The regular teacher left to go to a funeral so myself and a preschool teacher made up things as we went along. Not bad.. children just are very very active ( :devil: ) Gonna go take a nap for the next 45 minutes until class begins... Likkle more!

How about I was 15 minutes late for class because I overslept in my car! :blink:

Timeline
I was just remembering last night & so glad I have hubby even though I want to push him off of the bed sometimes. I was having a dream that I went into the laundromat we live behind because I heard noises late after business hours. I was all set to yell at someone & tell them to get the hell out cause they woke us out of bed & saw that the lights were out (a couple lights stay on all the time there so it was odd). I said, "hello" and asked if anyone was in there & saw movement in the darkness. Next thing I know is I see a younger white guy pop his head up over a bank of washing machines & I start telling him he needs to get out & what not. Right then I see he has a gun pointed at me over the machines & I start to run back towards our gate as he follows me in his sights. I'm saying "I'm calling the cops you f#$ker!" and trying to get away. Then hubby is shaking me awake & telling me to wake up. My heart was pumping & everything cause I thought I was going to get shot. I asked hubby what I was saying & he said it sounded like "help, help"....then I asked if I said the F word & he said, "oh yeah, you said f@#$er". Then he said, "ya brave!" :rofl:

Ells this was too funny! :rofl:

My hubby laughs in his sleep. Wish I knew what he was dreaming about.

My daughter holds an entire conversation about jibberish

Timeline
Thanks ladies for checking on me. Wasn't able to get on today at work...been out seeing bout the crazy folks I call clients! :lol: Anyway, I DID NOT speak to hubby last night. I went out with a coworker and had some drinks and good food. I mean, he called, but I told him that since I had absolutely nothing nice to say to him at all, it would be best if we didn't speak. Told him we'd try it again tomorrow (today). He was all sad-sounding...but oh well...better to wait til I could be sensible and rational in my speech than to fly completely off the handle and end up in a worse argument than before. Soooooo....he called me this morning to see how I was doing. I was much more calm, and I was able to fully explain what my problem was with this whole situation in my calm, rational, inside voice. He apologized over and over for making me stressed and putting me through all of this #######...(insert violins here :crying: ) I laid out my expectations for him over the next week and dared him to toe the line. We will see. Then I took my Blood Pressure medicine and told him I'd talk to him later this evening (because the office was getting crazy!)...*sigh*

Glad to see you worked it out! (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.