Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning. Working from home today. I did not get a good report from the doctor last week :crying: No choice but to do the right things...walking, working out and eating healthy.

im sorry shemmy.. it seems u try so much already.. dyam.. why is this stuff so hard??? :blush:

well, i pray ur strength mami.. lets get'r done!!

I know cuz I'm pretty active but always slip from eating healthy. This is a true wake up call. My new doctor checked for everything, even the lab tech said I was lucky to have such a caring doctor.

Well Shemmy, my doctor told me my fat a** needs to lose weight too ugh!

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Yardies, I guess it is inevitable for me to be in a long distance relationship. My hubby is helping out his family in FT. Lauderdale with some renovation projects, and I am alone again and pregnant :cry::clock:

He is going to be gone all week and then back to spend the weekend with us, and will be doing that for a few months. Even though I am glad for the extra help because times are super tough I really miss my boo.

Awww, Lovesponge hang in there girl. I know it's gotta be hard being pregnant and alone. They need to put a rush on that project. :yes:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good morning. Working from home today. I did not get a good report from the doctor last week :crying: No choice but to do the right things...walking, working out and eating healthy.

im sorry shemmy.. it seems u try so much already.. dyam.. why is this stuff so hard??? :blush:

well, i pray ur strength mami.. lets get'r done!!

I know cuz I'm pretty active but always slip from eating healthy. This is a true wake up call. My new doctor checked for everything, even the lab tech said I was lucky to have such a caring doctor.

Well Shemmy, my doctor told me my fat a** needs to lose weight too ugh!

The tell me I'm obeast all the time. Well, when I get big enough to have gastric bypass, I"ll do that. It's too hard to do it on my own.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
Yes I would!! I think I enjoyed it because it was more serious than funny. We all know Tyler is funny but I was ready to see his talent and that is what he showed me talent. I think Why Did I Get Married was good too but yes this was the best by far. Umm I thought I was head over hills for Jamaicans but I might have to give Latino's or is he Hispanics a try because the guy in there was FINE....

Dada - you should give em a try.... :devil::whistle:

Persuade me more do tell do tell.. LOL

Nope Dada don't do it!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yes I would!! I think I enjoyed it because it was more serious than funny. We all know Tyler is funny but I was ready to see his talent and that is what he showed me talent. I think Why Did I Get Married was good too but yes this was the best by far. Umm I thought I was head over hills for Jamaicans but I might have to give Latino's or is he Hispanics a try because the guy in there was FINE....

Dada - you should give em a try.... :devil::whistle:

Persuade me more do tell do tell.. LOL

Nope Dada don't do it!

LOL.....

Timeline
hey y'all help!! R on my phone saying he's sorry what do i do??? :help: i don't know what to say (i'm just quiet :blush: )

Say baby I forgive you and keep it moving! :whistle:

Timeline
I figure since I am one of the few ppl on the other side of the visa process (recipient as opposed to petitioner) i'd share some of the feelings going through my head these past couple weeks

up until the time i got my approval i had tunnel vision on the initial part of the process and i was kind of agonizing over the approval. i just wanted to get that part over with. i kept hearing ppl talk about how fast it goes after that but it didn't register with me until we actually got the approval notice. even though its still taking a while, when i think about it, i'm gonna be sending off packages sooner than i think

now all of a sudden i am feeling anxiety and i am not sure about what. it is as if, i'm unsure of what i was so anxious for all along. i don't know how to explain it but i can identify with all your stories about your men having a hard time adjusting because in a sense, i am already having a hard time adjusting. it's very conflicting because i miss and so badly want to be with my hubby but it's hitting me that this is gonna be a drastic change. for one, i don't know how i'm gonna manage without a job for a while. i'm kinda envious of some of you ladies whose men get their visas today and by next week they're gone. i have bills that will continue to be incurred even after i leave and i'm pretty much responsible for them. hubby is in a transition mode right now too. there are so many things taking place and i'm not quite sure how they will end up.

i'm trying to put more faith in God and leave it to Him to work out. sometimes i think as long as i am with hubby i'll be ok but then other times i am soooo scared of the uncertain.

i say all of this to say, seriously i know sometimes dealing with your spouses can be a pain in the a$$ because it may seem like they are ungrateful or just whining but be patient. maybe i am just emotionally drained right now. i think that's a big part of it.

anyway, umm let me shut up now

Awwww Bunz, change is always a scary thing and I think we can relate to how you feel. I will keep you in my prayers and ask God to soothe your fears. I just got off the phone with Steve and although I won't be at the interview with him, I feel so good right now because all I know is that I love that man and him soon come. He is so strong! More than I could probably ever be and I respect him for that.

This too shall pass and things will work out, you'll see!!! (F)

So we sent off the package for AOS on Saturday. Here's hoping all goes smoothly & that we don't get too many RFEs. I'm still concerned about the vaccination record since I didn't do the 693 form....just sent in a copy of the front & back of the vaccination card written on by the physician at the medical. I wish these countries were better about providing the proper documentation to make these processes go smoother. That's what they're SUPPOSED to do but they just don't. Oh well, so it go! I sent in 3 years of tax returns & W-2s along w/6 months pay stubs & copy of my passport bio page (along with all the other required docs) so hopefully they won't ask for an employer letter in another RFE. I did one for the K-1 visa but not this phase. My boss has been too much of an AZZ lately for me to feel comfortable taking a letter to him to sign again. Now we'll just see what happens and if this causes any delay. I'm just happy to have it done (for now). If they won't accept the vaccination card copy, we'll have to go to another doctor so they can complete that form. At least it shouldn't cost much now that mister is on my health plan. Now the next leg of the journey begins..... :thumbs:

Good luck MsElls

hey ells!

i sent mine off today.. i didn't get a letter from my employer either.. i don't want them in my business like that.. they are so messy here.. i just put 6 mths of check stubs and my

last 3 transcripts too.. only thing i can see them getting us about is proof.. i wasnt able to get him on the lease yet.. but i SOOOOO wanted to get that paperwork out so i sent it w/ about 10 pics.. prayers are going up!!!!

hopefully we'll get thru this together girl!

Good luck to you to quana qua!

Timeline
Hey Sunny, as for the hanging out, soon. He is now feeling better about his transition, he went out by himself Sat and had his locks re-done. He found the shop by himself too.

Okay, I'm glad he's feeling better. It's hard and at first I didn't undestand, but now I know how they feel leaving Jamaica. I'm not even from Jamaica and I'm having a hard time with not booking a trip and going on down there. lol

You know!!!

Timeline
Congratulations, Ells & Quana on completing another step of this process!

Steven's feeling a bit under the weather still. Despite that, we had a FULL day: walked around the neighborhood, toured the apt complex, shopped @ super wal-mart, Steven cooked, dinner party @ my aunt's, coffee house (for poetry & saxophone playing) with some friends.

He fell asleep almost 30 minutes ago... and it's only 10:30pm. LOL Guess I wore him out.

LOL! You DID wear him out! What did he think of such a giant store like walmart??

While we were there, he said that he's never coming shopping with me again since instead of 20 minutes, it took 2 hours. I was like, Um... we've only been here 30 minutes.

Other than how long we were there, he took it in stride.

One thing he noticed when looking at pictures before coming, and during our walk around the neighborhood: no one hangs out outside.

Something I'm happy about is his changing desires. He wanted a car, but considering the cost of that, he decided upon a motorcycle. :no: But after being here a day & some hours, he's decided that he wants a bicycle. :rofl: I'm like, that's GREAT! Quite affordable.

LOL! Lehi exaggerates time the same way. For him, 3 days is FOREVER! An hour in the store is ALL DAY! :wacko::lol:

Yeah, the no one hanging out outside gets my mister too. I tell him everyone is into their own thing & they have TVs inside so that keeps people indoors more.

That is also funny how Steven keeps 'revising' his wants for here! Funny how that happens isn't it?? Lehi was all set on driving as soon as possible here UNTIL we came home from the airport & had a crazy Russian shuttle driver....he decided he didn't want to drive here anymore....of course, he has since changed his mind on the driving again. :lol:

Yeah, it'll be nice to have the EAD & AP but mister still has a little ways to go before he is 'job-ready' here in the good ole U.S. He's getting there though. When he gets EAD, I'll be taking him around to temp agencies so maybe he can get some kind of labor work to help out a bit.

Those of you whose SOs have an education from childhood, be thankful! It makes the process so much easier (or at least I can imagine)!

i would always wonder how u would handle that ells, when u talked about Lehi's education..

are things looking harder than u originally thought they would be???

well labor is good money sometimes.. girl, u could be his money person and ya'll have ya'll own business.. :thumbs:

good luck w/ everything.. i know he will do well in school and make u and himself PROUD!!!

Things aren't looking harder really, it's just more apparent now how REALLY important it is. Things we take for granted like a driver's license is going to take him a while until he's able to take the written exam. That's just the tip of the iceberg too....in 3 years he can take his citizenship test & hopefully he'll be ready for it by then. In the meantime, he'll also need his GED but first (baby) steps first. He is really enjoying school & I can see him steadily improving as he goes along. I know there is a learning curve but I keep praying that once he gets over that initial hump, things will really start racing along. Sometimes I think that my estimate of us trying to get pregnant in two years was a little short. I think it's going to take us a bit longer to get established & secure. We will see what is in God's plan as it happens so I'm really trying not to sweat anything too much. As long as my income can keep us somewhat comfortable & out of debt, we'll manage. It isn't going to be easy but I have no doubts we'll get by. He is already making both of us proud with the strides he's made already! :thumbs:

Good for yall!!!!

Hey Everyone..I have a question and I hope someone can help me. My fiance lives in Montego Bay and needs to get his police record. He went today and they told him he had to go to Kingston to request that. Is that correct?

Yes, I emailed you the info didn't I?

Timeline

Ok mi done read....never bothered to catch up from part 18!

So I sent of the RFE package on friday and they received it today......so I will see in a few weeks wat happens!

He's here... and sick. All my plans for a nice dinner out are canceled. Pizza Hut it is!

Stories coming later.

I would be jetlagged anyway....at least he is here with u!

What happened:

The lady from DHL called around 9:40am, just as we were putting the suitcases in the car. She said that the manager could meet us at DHL in Montego Bay if we could get there in 30 MINUTES!!! There is NO WAY to get from Negril to MoBay in 30 minutes. I said it would take us 45-60. She said the manager has an engagement, so we need to hurry.

So without doing a second check around the hotel room, we basically tossed them the key and ran out. Steven needed to give his computer & key to someone, and wanted to say bye. So we went south to where he lives & we said a very quick bye to his mother and a few friends.

Mind you, his plan was to say bye to EVERYONE and get everyone's phone numbers, since he gave all his chips away. But we didn't have time.

Then we HIGHTAILED it to Montegy Bay. Once we got to Lucea, I called the manager of that DHL, Colin, to tell him where we were. He said "So it'll take you another hour?" I said "A little less than that." He said to call him when we got to Mo Bay.

Well, when we were just outside Mo Bay, I gave him a call and he said he was already at DHL. He said he'd pull the package while we got there.

Just after 11, we got to DHL and sure enough, this angel of a manager was there waiting with Steven's package! :dance: Of course we tipped him for his inconvenience that saved us a ton of time & money.

Then we had a LOT of drama at the airport. I WISH I'd bought the ticket online that morning (esp since Continental lets you cancel with no penalty within 24 hours) before we even knew... it would've taken 5 minutes MAX. However, it took several different Continental workers almost an HOUR to sell us one ticket to Houston. I was blown away by the... process (didn't want to say incompetence). Blah Blah Blah. He's here now!

The fact that this worked out is 100% attributed to the favor of God.

His first words as the plane was landing in Houston: "Lots of cars & lots of houses!"

Sad part: He didn't get ANYONE's phone numbers. So somehow we have to do that, so he can talk to his friends & family.

:wow: that was a testament to how good God is.....He is always on time......Im happy for the both of u.....the numbers he will eventually get so thats not too much of a concern.

How's Steven feeling Nat?

how are the wedding plans going T2b? What is the date again? Are you ready? :star:

Echo those questions.

Steven's feeling a bit under the weather still. Despite that, we had a FULL day: walked around the neighborhood, toured the apt complex, shopped @ super wal-mart, Steven cooked, dinner party @ my aunt's, coffee house (for poetry & saxophone playing) with some friends.

He fell asleep almost 30 minutes ago... and it's only 10:30pm. LOL Guess I wore him out.

Girl u wasnt playing when u said it was a full day.....u kept him busy......at least he enjoyed himself....everything that u had planned sounds good :yes:

Congratulations, Ells & Quana on completing another step of this process!

LOL! You DID wear him out! What did he think of such a giant store like walmart??

While we were there, he said that he's never coming shopping with me again since instead of 20 minutes, it took 2 hours. I was like, Um... we've only been here 30 minutes.

Other than how long we were there, he took it in stride.

One thing he noticed when looking at pictures before coming, and during our walk around the neighborhood: no one hangs out outside.

Something I'm happy about is his changing desires. He wanted a car, but considering the cost of that, he decided upon a motorcycle. :no:But after being here a day & some hours, he's decided that he wants a bicycle. :rofl: I'm like, that's GREAT! Quite affordable.

:rofl: that wont last long....he will go back to a car soon...lol

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

Timeline
Hey Everyone..I have a question and I hope someone can help me. My fiance lives in Montego Bay and needs to get his police record. He went today and they told him he had to go to Kingston to request that. Is that correct?

Yes, that's correct.

http://www.mns.org.jm/ApplyingforPoliceRec...79/Default.aspx

Ells, that is so nice that he likes school! I wish Louis did. He has taken the "pre GED" test and did great with the english part but BAD in math. He needs to study but makes excuses instead. If he would just buckle down and get the GED he could go to community college and get back into TV stuff like he did in St Lucia. He worked at the island's TV station.. but of course their equipment was nothing like a station here would have so he needs to learn!

I get a little frustrated with him when it comes to this. I mean I hated school to, but I do what I have to do.

Oh he took his permit test last week and FAILED! He is taking again on 10/1. He really needs to pass it. I need him to get his lisence. He could do stuff without me... he could have more freedom. But he never drove in SLU and he is BAAAD! Ugh!

I sure wish I lived out there... they could teach each other!!! LOLOLOL

Hopefully he'll see the value in it soon enough....he's going to have to whether he likes it or not I'm thinking. It is critical in our country. I'm worried about Lehi too trying to get his permit. He doesn't really listen to me when I try to 'lecture' (as in school) him about driving rules. As I'm driving, many times I explain what I'm doing & why or what the rules behind certain circumstances are. It'll sink in when he wants to drive bad enough!

When he wants to go somewhere badly tell him nope thats why you need to learn how to drive...

Timeline
Took some pics on Tuesday for a family I know who drove down from NY for me to take pics :)

Thought I'd share them with you!

They met on the same message board as me and my husband :)

p865335743-4.jpg

p1051109428-4.jpg

p999387089-4.jpg

p856967248-4.jpg

p571834193-4.jpg

p809983277-4.jpg

Full gallery is here http://Tara956.zenfolio.com/

These are beautiful.....you did a great job!!! The last one of the lil girl in the teacup is my fave.

yep, i agree with quana

girl been there.. roger would get upset w/ me over things that were going on in his life and i would be like, where the heck did that come from??? :blink: but i knew it wasn't me so sometimes i was the whipping boy, sitting there like :unsure: men can't handle pressure like us :thumbs: .. thankfully the few times he did that,he would always apologize cuz he knew how :wacko: he was..

okay back to work..

you said it all quana trust me :thumbs: i decided i was not going to call him again ever! i'll just talk to his mom cause we are kinda close

Yeah Yeah u say that now but soon you'll start to miss him and you 'll want to hear his voice so you'll call him all shy like (in my best Wendy Williams voice) "How you doing??"

Yeah we all know that she cant stay mad too long.....If she ever did the Wendy voice him might hang up di fone thinkin a wrong numba :lol:

Love has no boundaries, no limitations. Love flows like a river, silent and calm, it gives us strength and shelters us from every storm.

Timeline
Okay, so we are having 'pushy father-in-law' issues. Lehi's Dad wants to buy him a bus ticket to take the 90 minute ride to his city to see him perform next weekend. I've explained we don't have the gas money (or going out money) & I have school assignments so I can't be going out every weekend but he's still insisting on Lehi coming since of course, they don't want to do the 3 hour drive back & forth to get him & drop him off. Today he kept persisting until Lehi just plain got mad at his Dad. He told him he doesn't want to go places without me so to leave it be. Now my poor honey didn't have a very productive day at school since his mind was on the 'argument'. I'm not sure how to handle this. The man is pushy though....he keeps insisting that he wants to hook us up with free cable since that's what he does. I've told him each time that I'm NOT INTERESTED in having cable (we don't need to have any more reasons than we currently do to spend more time watching TV) & I don't want 'illegal' cable....just don't need any hassles & I'm already fighting my couch-potato tendencies so NO THANK YOU. But, he keeps bringing it up. We are trying to be nice here since this relationship is very new but we are going to have to start putting our collective foot down! Whaddayado??

"Look, I don't mean any harm but Lehi coming to see you right now is out of the question. Please let us get our life to a more stable place and we will try to make it happen. I do not want cable because it would just interfere with our lives right now".

If that don't work, use words like these #$%^&*() (sike just joking) lol

Timeline
Hey Yardies, I guess it is inevitable for me to be in a long distance relationship. My hubby is helping out his family in FT. Lauderdale with some renovation projects, and I am alone again and pregnant :cry::clock:

He is going to be gone all week and then back to spend the weekend with us, and will be doing that for a few months. Even though I am glad for the extra help because times are super tough I really miss my boo.

Awwwwwwwwww

Tell him Hell to da naw hubby don't wanna come and WE DON'T WANT NO DAMN BOOTLEG CABLE.

Lol I wanted to say that too lol

Ok mi done read....never bothered to catch up from part 18!

So I sent of the RFE package on friday and they received it today......so I will see in a few weeks wat happens!

Hay your in my prayers sis... they just wronged you on this one....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey hays

you're gonna get your approval soon

hey mrs plamer, mstee

mrs p how do u feel about your upcoming interview?

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.