10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Sooo....on top of being SUPER STRESSED @ this point, I've been on the phone trying to get through to Andrews Medical Centre...WELL, mi finally reach, and dis wha dem sey: 'im cyaan walk in (like we all suspected). Have fi schedule an appt. Earliest they had was Oct. 5th. The nice lady said that if he comes in between 7:30-8:00 am he would be able to pick up the medical results Tuesday afternoon. Perfect! :wacko: So, of course I am fuming, and sent my husband a text to call me back. Ready to rip the a$$ out of his pants! :ranting::ranting: Asked him exactly what it was he asked when they told him that he could just walk in to get his exam done. My husband says, "I tell dem dat mi gwaan need a medical exam and when caan I do it."

Me: "Were u specific about the fact that it was a medical for a CR1 interview on Oct 7?"

Him: Silence.

Me: (Expletive. Expletive.) "Did they transfer you over to the medical office who is in charge of scheduling medicals for visas or did u just talk to whoever picked up the phone first?"

him: "Talked to the lady that pick hup di phone."

Me: (more expletives). I will call u back this evening, because clearly I can't even form sentences to speak to you at this moment. Maybe by then I would have pulled myself together." Hang up. I'm headed to the ABC store...I need to self-medicate! :blush::wacko:

Heaven help this man if I don't have a nice buzz this evening...

Girly, did it get better? Cause that is exactly what I did. Went home and said, hey you want to meet me for a beer (or 2 or 3)? Drank and talked. Oh, and I passed out immediately after the football game and got 8 hours of sleep finally!

As you all might be able to tell, I am better today. Everything is okay in my world again.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Glad you are feeling better today JG.. I hope it all worked itself out. :)

Mrs. P.... how did that call go last night?

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline
Dammit, I need a break.....

Can someone please hire me to do their wedding photos in Jamaica??

Hell, even a renewal of vows......

One of my co-workers (the pathological liar) decided to mess with me on FB.

She commented that I never get my hair done, I'm smelly and my husband is suspect :rofl:

Funniest thing is, me and another co-worker have a running joke where she tells me my husband is gay and I tell her she's a swinger, so this broad decided to run with that.

Came in this morning and apologized to all my co-workers for being smelly (they were like HUH???) and for not getting my hair done.

So she runs crying to the dentist and says I'm talking about her. Told her that since the post on FB is not about me, we BOTH must be paranoid.

Told her to stay out of my way and I'll stay out of hers.

Not into the kiddie stuff, she's 21 and the drama is NON STOP......

Since she's been here (3 months)

Her boyfriend got shot

His neighbour got shot and his mom went to CVS and bought needle and thread and stitched him up

Her brother had a fight with her father and hit her father so hard that his kidneys failed

She met a football player who sent her $1000 and a diamond ring

etc etc etc

Stopped listening to her stories months ago...

:blink: :blink: This ish sounds like a bad tv show!! :wacko:

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
The other morning Ray came in from work and was like I just saw a squirel (sp) with a white line down his back. I said HONEY THAT WAS A SKUNK. LMAO...... I said they will spray you if you scare them... He said spray you and I said with funk spray. :rofl: You should have saw his face. He was like bloodclatttttttttt....

My Jamaican guy friends here were trying to tell us one day that if you saw a skunk and he was on the pavement, to scare it away by making noise cause they can't spray when they are on the concrete - Ummmmmmmmmmm - You test that theory, and let me know how you make out! skunk.gif

Naw sir...... Mi ago run away from dat ting..... yuh knoa mi a one chicken. :lol:

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
What ur not supposed to buy paper towels or zip lock bas?? Well what am I supposed to put my meat into in order to freeze it? I'm not even going to take the test I have a feeling I am VERY high and I use paper plates. (As I run from Bunz and Finese....)

LOL! No, you can still use that stuff....but you can use less. I wash & reuse most of my ziploc bags. If they contained regular stuff, I just wash (& rinse) it real good when I do dishes. If they had meat, I add bleach to the water & proceed same way. I've never been sick from reusing a ziploc bag. Or I'll use a tupperware to store things in the freezer. As far as paper towels, I mostly use dish rags so I don't go through many paper towels at all. Dish rags are washable so if one gets too funky, either wash it or put it in the laundry & get out a fresh one. Little steps like that are good for the planet & the wallet! :thumbs:

wow good for them...i don't think i made copies.

I made the copies! I'm of the school of 'better safe than sorry' cause you can't always count on these agencies to have their stuff together. Plus, I like to know EXACTLY what I sent in the package & not have to guess. But as long as you have the originals of everything all together, you should be good to go.

I gotta say it..........rewash plastic stuff and then a million copies of all this damn paperwork! That's what drives me crazy here at work. They took away all our bottled water. But, we make 500 copies of every damn thing it seems. One of my eco-friendly bosses, who rides bike to work, is vegetarian, water bottles, blah, blah, blah. Then, he had a meeting where I had to copy this 300 page booklet 200 times, he went on a trip and had me copy hundreds of pages of a books for him to read on the planes, etc. I feel like saying don't lecture me about one thing and then go do all this contradictory #######.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
LOL@ sunny.....

shoot i just got my PTO for the year i have 190 hours and i was reading the post op recovery for most people is 7-10 days cause the throat becomes more painful as it heals up and then i guess it scabs over( gagging at the grossness of it all) well aint no way im staying home for no 7 days...

i will be a note writing signing azz...lol

That's a little on the long side. Get it done on a Friday if you can and recover the weekend.

LOL@ sunny.....

shoot i just got my PTO for the year i have 190 hours and i was reading the post op recovery for most people is 7-10 days cause the throat becomes more painful as it heals up and then i guess it scabs over( gagging at the grossness of it all) well aint no way im staying home for no 7 days...

i will be a note writing signing azz...lol

I had my tonsils removed last year... had the surgery on a Tuesday (or maybe Wednesday) and returned to work Friday, 1.5 weeks later. I definitely needed all that time off.. but I think it had to do with the medicine. They put me on 3 different ones. Whenever I'd take them, I'd feel VERY dizzy. If I walked a few steps, I got quite breathless too. Finally one of my friends helped me look up all the side effects online. Sure enough, one of the medicines had shortness of breath as a side effect. So I called the doctor & he switched me to this other medicine.. but only prescribed a little bit of it. I ran out & they were very slow to respond to my request for another prescription... to where I went about half a day without pain medicine. I was CRYING it hurt so bad... and that was a week after having the surgery.

So if your job will give you the full two weeks off, take it. All that medicine will have you sleepy to where you wouldn't even want to work.

Girl, your pain tolerance is very low. I had a hysterectomy and was back at work a week later.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Nat, women have been giving births this way since the beginning of time, it seems to work just fine and it has not scared anyone away from going thru it twice or twenty times.

Rox - this is what I kept saying to myself my entire first pregnancy! It was fine.... Nat woman have an immense amount of internal strength - you just tap into that.

I know this is all old news, but I'm trying to catch up! My boss had me working yesterday...

Timeline
morning mylife and sus

Okay; I got into a fight with 4 raccons at 3:30 this morning...I thought someone was breaking into my house...mi ago fix dem clatt tonight. Of course my husband was like...a wah kind a rahtid rat big so...I said, baby, that's not a damn rat! Dem luck seh mi couldn't find mi machete in time...those buggers dragged my trash can, which locks to the other side of the street.

Sunny, don't even laugh...

October 13, I should be able to go get my license(s)....... :whistle:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
The other morning Ray came in from work and was like I just saw a squirel (sp) with a white line down his back. I said HONEY THAT WAS A SKUNK. LMAO...... I said they will spray you if you scare them... He said spray you and I said with funk spray. :rofl: You should have saw his face. He was like bloodclatttttttttt....

My Jamaican guy friends here were trying to tell us one day that if you saw a skunk and he was on the pavement, to scare it away by making noise cause they can't spray when they are on the concrete - Ummmmmmmmmmm - You test that theory, and let me know how you make out! skunk.gif

Where did they hear that at?????? :wacko:

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
JG ---- I miss you.

I need some help, I have to get some lunchbags and travel mugs made with the company logos and I'm having a BRIAN puop

There are a million places that do that, Tre. I've seen office supply stores, places that make t-shirts, printing companies, etc. Just google. Just looked in our local phone book. It's under advertising promotional products and sales promotions too.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Glad you are feeling better today JG.. I hope it all worked itself out. :)

Mrs. P.... how did that call go last night?

Yeah, sometimes you just have to say you are a GD Fcuking idiot, so STHU and stop. And, once you get that off your chest (after you numb the sting with a few beers), you feel better. I was tired and overly emotional yesterday and that just wasn't helping either.

morning everyone!

Happy Friday! :dance:

Finesse, step away from the crack pipe!

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
MANN.. i am KINDA like the men, in that i will do stuff, but sometimes i am like" is that reeeaaaally necessary"

i am a believer ..

saw a post today where the couple show up for the AOS interview.. and told that their package didn't arrive yet from whatever office.. so THANKFULLY they were on vj and knew to make copies so the interviewer just used thier copies of the filing instead of resheduling them for another time.. ..WOW..

wow good for them...i don't think i made copies.

What??!! Are you kidding? Mi ago :bonk: you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.