Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
thats a good idea reusing zippys ells.. i am so wasteful.. its ridiculous..

ok which is better at the grocery store? paper or plastic.. paper right??

Or buy reusable recycled bags. I keep them in my trunk :thumbs:

I keep several in the car & even 2 folded up in my work bag so I can get off the bus on the way home from work sometimes & pick up some groceries. They're very handy for everything. Good to take anywhere when you need a bag to carry things.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
i think ive seen those at walgreens.. the lil green bags..

ok.. i think i can try to be a little more green LOL

You can get them at walmart too! We have a cool hippie store here in Maine and I buy some from them as well. They have Indian Gods like Ganesh and Buddha on them. And my company uses these cool burlap bags that work as well. The trick is remembering them when you go to the store! LOL

They work good for overnights, picnics and beach days also!

Ells, I do the same thing with the dishrags... my mom gets so annoyed when I dont have papertowels...hahaha

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

:yes: Ells and IrieCat...I love my bags. People always stop to ask me about my bags from Trader Joes..quite fashionable.

My daughter takes AP Environmental Science so she is constantly reminding us to recycle or use recycled items.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Tierra gets on me about recycling. I should do more. I return bottles, cans... in Maine we get the depoit back for them!

But I should start recycling everything else. There is no trash pick up in my town so the landlord has a dumpster out back. It is real easy to just throw stuff out rather than seperate and bring to the town recycle bins.. .laziness. Not too mention I dont have the space for recycle bins in the kitchen, I am working on this. :)

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here they're called liquor stores.

In New Orleans, they were called grocery stores. :rofl: When I lived there, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a liquor store, cause hard alcohol is sold in grocery stores. I went to school in Oklahoma and when I turned 21, I went to the grocery store to buy alcohol. I was quite surprised at the tiny section of beer & wine they showed me. I asked where the rest of the alcohol was and they said that's it.

Hey Nat...the difference b/w an ABC store (on the shopping side) , and say buying wine or beer out of the grocery store is that they ONLY sell liquors (no beer, no wine--at least here in NC). And they ONLY allow you in the store if you are 21 and up. If a teenager or young kid comes in w/ u...they will not sell to you at all...you gotta go the next one and leff di pickney inna car! I watched this man get turned away on Friday for this very reason. He brought his teenage son in w/ him. They told him no he couldn't buy and to go to the next one! :blush: It prolly has to do w/ tax stuff too!

evening ladies

Hey Honey! :star:

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Timeline
Sooo....on top of being SUPER STRESSED @ this point, I've been on the phone trying to get through to Andrews Medical Centre...WELL, mi finally reach, and dis wha dem sey: 'im cyaan walk in (like we all suspected). Have fi schedule an appt. Earliest they had was Oct. 5th. The nice lady said that if he comes in between 7:30-8:00 am he would be able to pick up the medical results Tuesday afternoon. Perfect! :wacko: So, of course I am fuming, and sent my husband a text to call me back. Ready to rip the a$$ out of his pants! :ranting::ranting: Asked him exactly what it was he asked when they told him that he could just walk in to get his exam done. My husband says, "I tell dem dat mi gwaan need a medical exam and when caan I do it."

Me: "Were u specific about the fact that it was a medical for a CR1 interview on Oct 7?"

Him: Silence.

Me: (Expletive. Expletive.) "Did they transfer you over to the medical office who is in charge of scheduling medicals for visas or did u just talk to whoever picked up the phone first?"

him: "Talked to the lady that pick hup di phone."

Me: (more expletives). I will call u back this evening, because clearly I can't even form sentences to speak to you at this moment. Maybe by then I would have pulled myself together." Hang up. I'm headed to the ABC store...I need to self-medicate! :blush::wacko:

Heaven help this man if I don't have a nice buzz this evening...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
how is everyone doing this evening?

I'm still at work :wacko: with a bad stomach ache.

What about yourself?

Sooo....on top of being SUPER STRESSED @ this point, I've been on the phone trying to get through to Andrews Medical Centre...WELL, mi finally reach, and dis wha dem sey: 'im cyaan walk in (like we all suspected). Have fi schedule an appt. Earliest they had was Oct. 5th. The nice lady said that if he comes in between 7:30-8:00 am he would be able to pick up the medical results Tuesday afternoon. Perfect! :wacko: So, of course I am fuming, and sent my husband a text to call me back. Ready to rip the a$$ out of his pants! :ranting::ranting: Asked him exactly what it was he asked when they told him that he could just walk in to get his exam done. My husband says, "I tell dem dat mi gwaan need a medical exam and when caan I do it."

Me: "Were u specific about the fact that it was a medical for a CR1 interview on Oct 7?"

Me: (Expletive. Expletive.) "Did they transfer you over to the medical office who is in charge of scheduling medicals for visas or did u just talk to whoever picked up the phone first?"

Me: (more expletives). I will call u back this evening, because clearly I can't even form sentences to speak to you at this moment. Maybe by then I would have pulled myself together." Hang up. I'm headed to the ABC store...I need to self-medicate! :blush::wacko:

:rofl: I feel for Mr. Palmer...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
how is everyone doing this evening?

I'm still at work :wacko: with a bad stomach ache.

What about yourself?

:rofl: I feel for Mr. Palmer...

Take your tail home Shemmy..... I got sick on the metro train. I was feeling dizzy and like I was going to vomit....:dead:

Not the ABC store Mrs. Palmer. LMAO Oh gosh I remember them stores from years ago. Don't hurt hubby too bad.

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline
evening ladies

evening Honey :star:

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I am leaving soon Sunny. Damien said he'll pick me up :dead:

LMAO,,,,, Did you bring your eye mask to work with you? :rofl:

I'm going to Victoria Secret to use my coupon. it expires today. lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.