Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Hey Sunny, as for the hanging out, soon. He is now feeling better about his transition, he went out by himself Sat and had his locks re-done. He found the shop by himself too.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congratulations, Ells & Quana on completing another step of this process!

Steven's feeling a bit under the weather still. Despite that, we had a FULL day: walked around the neighborhood, toured the apt complex, shopped @ super wal-mart, Steven cooked, dinner party @ my aunt's, coffee house (for poetry & saxophone playing) with some friends.

He fell asleep almost 30 minutes ago... and it's only 10:30pm. LOL Guess I wore him out.

LOL! You DID wear him out! What did he think of such a giant store like walmart??

While we were there, he said that he's never coming shopping with me again since instead of 20 minutes, it took 2 hours. I was like, Um... we've only been here 30 minutes.

Other than how long we were there, he took it in stride.

One thing he noticed when looking at pictures before coming, and during our walk around the neighborhood: no one hangs out outside.

Something I'm happy about is his changing desires. He wanted a car, but considering the cost of that, he decided upon a motorcycle. :no: But after being here a day & some hours, he's decided that he wants a bicycle. :rofl: I'm like, that's GREAT! Quite affordable.

lol..THATS TOOOOOOO funny girl!!! heehee.. i think u will have plenty of funny stories for us heehee!!

thanks mami for the well wishes!

Hey Ladies, looks like I have some catching up to do. I have been sick all day and working from home :whistle:

Dada and Q get ready to check your PM

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Sunny, as for the hanging out, soon. He is now feeling better about his transition, he went out by himself Sat and had his locks re-done. He found the shop by himself too.

Okay, I'm glad he's feeling better. It's hard and at first I didn't undestand, but now I know how they feel leaving Jamaica. I'm not even from Jamaica and I'm having a hard time with not booking a trip and going on down there. lol

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Congratulations, Ells & Quana on completing another step of this process!

Steven's feeling a bit under the weather still. Despite that, we had a FULL day: walked around the neighborhood, toured the apt complex, shopped @ super wal-mart, Steven cooked, dinner party @ my aunt's, coffee house (for poetry & saxophone playing) with some friends.

He fell asleep almost 30 minutes ago... and it's only 10:30pm. LOL Guess I wore him out.

LOL! You DID wear him out! What did he think of such a giant store like walmart??

While we were there, he said that he's never coming shopping with me again since instead of 20 minutes, it took 2 hours. I was like, Um... we've only been here 30 minutes.

Other than how long we were there, he took it in stride.

One thing he noticed when looking at pictures before coming, and during our walk around the neighborhood: no one hangs out outside.

Something I'm happy about is his changing desires. He wanted a car, but considering the cost of that, he decided upon a motorcycle. :no: But after being here a day & some hours, he's decided that he wants a bicycle. :rofl: I'm like, that's GREAT! Quite affordable.

LOL! Lehi exaggerates time the same way. For him, 3 days is FOREVER! An hour in the store is ALL DAY! :wacko::lol:

Yeah, the no one hanging out outside gets my mister too. I tell him everyone is into their own thing & they have TVs inside so that keeps people indoors more.

That is also funny how Steven keeps 'revising' his wants for here! Funny how that happens isn't it?? Lehi was all set on driving as soon as possible here UNTIL we came home from the airport & had a crazy Russian shuttle driver....he decided he didn't want to drive here anymore....of course, he has since changed his mind on the driving again. :lol:

Yeah, it'll be nice to have the EAD & AP but mister still has a little ways to go before he is 'job-ready' here in the good ole U.S. He's getting there though. When he gets EAD, I'll be taking him around to temp agencies so maybe he can get some kind of labor work to help out a bit.

Those of you whose SOs have an education from childhood, be thankful! It makes the process so much easier (or at least I can imagine)!

i would always wonder how u would handle that ells, when u talked about Lehi's education..

are things looking harder than u originally thought they would be???

well labor is good money sometimes.. girl, u could be his money person and ya'll have ya'll own business.. :thumbs:

good luck w/ everything.. i know he will do well in school and make u and himself PROUD!!!

Things aren't looking harder really, it's just more apparent now how REALLY important it is. Things we take for granted like a driver's license is going to take him a while until he's able to take the written exam. That's just the tip of the iceberg too....in 3 years he can take his citizenship test & hopefully he'll be ready for it by then. In the meantime, he'll also need his GED but first (baby) steps first. He is really enjoying school & I can see him steadily improving as he goes along. I know there is a learning curve but I keep praying that once he gets over that initial hump, things will really start racing along. Sometimes I think that my estimate of us trying to get pregnant in two years was a little short. I think it's going to take us a bit longer to get established & secure. We will see what is in God's plan as it happens so I'm really trying not to sweat anything too much. As long as my income can keep us somewhat comfortable & out of debt, we'll manage. It isn't going to be easy but I have no doubts we'll get by. He is already making both of us proud with the strides he's made already! :thumbs:

Edited by Ellsinlove

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline
ms sheka.. im not one to pry, but u sound like u wanna talk?? everything ok???

irie, when u said what u do, reminds me of some sites i am on.. and the person comes on to live chat w/ me.."do u need any help"" lol

their responses sound so scripted tho, im like.. "is this a real person LOL".. do u have scripts to how u have to answer certain questions..

they SAY that we are supposed to be able to do that real soon now.. like when ppl are on our website ,we can assist them w/ the live chat.. and show them things on their screen like a weather man LOL..hmmm we'll see..

I have never bothered to do it. That would have to be on a day I really wanted to work! LOL. Mostly the agents just chime in on us. They click the live help button and it ring the computer and then those of us logged in can grab it.

I would say... Hey you, what are you looking at!! hahaha. No, we don't have a script.

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Everyone..I have a question and I hope someone can help me. My fiance lives in Montego Bay and needs to get his police record. He went today and they told him he had to go to Kingston to request that. Is that correct?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Bunn, just a thought you know with the CR1 you can come to the US, to start the GC printing process, and go back to JA and re-enter when the CG and SS is about to be sent to you.

Joel and I have both been out of the country on his CR1 stamp, and re-entered without any problems. So you could continue to work in JA while you are waiting for the SS and GC to arrive at your new US address. This is just a thought.

To start the process you will have to enter the US, and then go back out.

good, i needed that confirmation because i was thinking of doing it but kept hearing i can't leave till i get the green card

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Ells, that is so nice that he likes school! I wish Louis did. He has taken the "pre GED" test and did great with the english part but BAD in math. He needs to study but makes excuses instead. If he would just buckle down and get the GED he could go to community college and get back into TV stuff like he did in St Lucia. He worked at the island's TV station.. but of course their equipment was nothing like a station here would have so he needs to learn!

I get a little frustrated with him when it comes to this. I mean I hated school to, but I do what I have to do.

Oh he took his permit test last week and FAILED! He is taking again on 10/1. He really needs to pass it. I need him to get his lisence. He could do stuff without me... he could have more freedom. But he never drove in SLU and he is BAAAD! Ugh!

I sure wish I lived out there... they could teach each other!!! LOLOLOL

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

:rofl: :rofl:

i just got this pic in an email

WHY SOME PPL HAVE NO BUSINESS ON FACEBOOK

the original pic didn't blur out her pic but i had to because that's just too embarrassing

LMAO @ some of the responses

what i wanna know is what the heck is her "OTHER" vajayjay?

upherebl.gif

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I figure since I am one of the few ppl on the other side of the visa process (recipient as opposed to petitioner) i'd share some of the feelings going through my head these past couple weeks

up until the time i got my approval i had tunnel vision on the initial part of the process and i was kind of agonizing over the approval. i just wanted to get that part over with. i kept hearing ppl talk about how fast it goes after that but it didn't register with me until we actually got the approval notice. even though its still taking a while, when i think about it, i'm gonna be sending off packages sooner than i think

now all of a sudden i am feeling anxiety and i am not sure about what. it is as if, i'm unsure of what i was so anxious for all along. i don't know how to explain it but i can identify with all your stories about your men having a hard time adjusting because in a sense, i am already having a hard time adjusting. it's very conflicting because i miss and so badly want to be with my hubby but it's hitting me that this is gonna be a drastic change. for one, i don't know how i'm gonna manage without a job for a while. i'm kinda envious of some of you ladies whose men get their visas today and by next week they're gone. i have bills that will continue to be incurred even after i leave and i'm pretty much responsible for them. hubby is in a transition mode right now too. there are so many things taking place and i'm not quite sure how they will end up.

i'm trying to put more faith in God and leave it to Him to work out. sometimes i think as long as i am with hubby i'll be ok but then other times i am soooo scared of the uncertain.

i say all of this to say, seriously i know sometimes dealing with your spouses can be a pain in the a$$ because it may seem like they are ungrateful or just whining but be patient. maybe i am just emotionally drained right now. i think that's a big part of it.

anyway, umm let me shut up now

No you don’t have to shut up. If you want to keep talking, rambling what ever you call it go ahead. That is what we are here for. Shoot as much as you listen to us complain and groan. If anything I think what you are doing is great. U can give the ladies some insight on what there SO’s are going through and I’m sure its helping out. I always wondered what you thought being on the opposite end.

But Bunz I can understand you feeling nervous and anxious hell your leaving home but the good thing is that you have already been ova here so you kind of know what to expect.

I think ur doing right by putting your faith in god he will not steer you wrong. Change is always scary but it can be exciting too. Stay stong chica and keep venting.

Ha yuhseeit me using chica now I’m telling u I’m about to go find the Latin section of this board.. LOL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Everyone..I have a question and I hope someone can help me. My fiance lives in Montego Bay and needs to get his police record. He went today and they told him he had to go to Kingston to request that. Is that correct?

Yes, that's correct.

http://www.mns.org.jm/ApplyingforPoliceRec...79/Default.aspx

Ells, that is so nice that he likes school! I wish Louis did. He has taken the "pre GED" test and did great with the english part but BAD in math. He needs to study but makes excuses instead. If he would just buckle down and get the GED he could go to community college and get back into TV stuff like he did in St Lucia. He worked at the island's TV station.. but of course their equipment was nothing like a station here would have so he needs to learn!

I get a little frustrated with him when it comes to this. I mean I hated school to, but I do what I have to do.

Oh he took his permit test last week and FAILED! He is taking again on 10/1. He really needs to pass it. I need him to get his lisence. He could do stuff without me... he could have more freedom. But he never drove in SLU and he is BAAAD! Ugh!

I sure wish I lived out there... they could teach each other!!! LOLOLOL

Hopefully he'll see the value in it soon enough....he's going to have to whether he likes it or not I'm thinking. It is critical in our country. I'm worried about Lehi too trying to get his permit. He doesn't really listen to me when I try to 'lecture' (as in school) him about driving rules. As I'm driving, many times I explain what I'm doing & why or what the rules behind certain circumstances are. It'll sink in when he wants to drive bad enough!

Timeline

lol i got chica from one of my freinds here and i can't stop using it either

ugh!

can i tell u that ridiculous shakira song is stuck in my head :angry:

you should hear me singing it, lol, HORRIBLE

2 passport photos

his passport

2 gran if he is doing it express

1 gran if he's doing it the slow way (1 month)

his trn number

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.