Chiney*Eyes

Yardies at Home and a Farrin (part 19)

6,253 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ok y'all here's a story :whistle:

my brother-in-law just found out his wife had a baby earlier this year and he has not seen her in almost two years so he calls her and she says she cheated because she heard he had a woman out there....anyways his file is at the NVC stage and he sent the $400 to pay for his visa i called just now and guess what?...awaiting payment..he's asking me to help him he will send me the money to pay for it... :unsure: ?????

your BIL is in jamaica? his wife is in US?

:thumbs::yes:

are they planning to be together? do you like him? do you have $400? would your money be wasted if him and his wife don't work out? is she refusing to pay it? maybe he could pay half...

finesse :blink: no mi dear fi him money not mine my hubby would walk cross wata if mi do dat...but he's cool and he helps us out when i'm there. (drive us around) mi nuh know weh dem ago do but him waan come so him can tek care a him dawta...he's willing to send the money to pay for it

02/04/10 Case complete

02/08/10 Interview scheduled

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

04/05/10 received welcome letter dated 03/30/10 :)

04/08/10 Card Production Ordered!

04/13/10 Approval Notice Sent! :)

04/15/10 Second Welcome Letter dated 4/8/10?

04/19/10 Card received!! WOOHOO!

loveshower.gif046314001268967245-final.gif

Removing Conditions Timeline (I-751)

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

2/21/12 NOA Received by mail

2/27/2012 Biometrics Notice received

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
mstee, please keep this in mind all parties involved are sworned in at the interview, so anything that you present at the interview is to be considered under a sworn testimorial.

Roxie; are you talking about her letter as to why she's unable to attend?

Tre, if it's just a why I can't attend letter, then she may be fine, but if it's anything in there about the relationship then they will prefer it to be under the sworn statement.

Okay...you know only on VJ I know of people not gettting through with the K-1 w/o the fiancee/fiance being there. Ms.tee prayers your way...

Thank you, the way I see it is, if they blue slip him, maybe they will request that I attend and give us another date, which is fine to. I will just ask the embassy to work with us and give us a friday interview so that I can attend. Im ready at a moments notice to fly out if I have to. If I have to fly the day before and return the day of, I will just have to call out sick. I can accomdate as long as it isnt on a Tuesday, which is what the current interview date is scheduled on. Thanks to all of you for sage advice.

Good Morning yardies,

I'm in the office all by myself today :dance: ...it's Yom Kippur! Now maybe I can get some work done.

@ MsTee, GOOD LUCK, my fingers are crossed for you.

@Sus, my sleep was horrible too, I'm still half sick....I hope today goes well for ya

@MsSheka and yankee.....*how u doin*

Savan I hope u feel better soon! What are u going to do to ur hair?

Thanks chica, I washed conditioned....put a bump in the front and left the back out wild and curly.

mawning Sav your son is cute i hope he's nothing like mine :whistle:

Don't talk about my boyfriend Fat like that :bonk::rofl:

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
mstee, please keep this in mind all parties involved are sworned in at the interview, so anything that you present at the interview is to be considered under a sworn testimorial.

Tre, if it's just a why I can't attend letter, then she may be fine, but if it's anything in there about the relationship then they will prefer it to be under the sworn statement.

Okay I think I understand. We already did letters of intent a long time ago. This letter is not about the relationship, it is just stating why I am unable to attend which has to do with work/school. If this letter needs to be notorized, this isn't a problem either because there are three people at my job which notorize. Im not trying to explain to them about our relationship. We have pics, phone, records, receipts and things of that nature as proof of an ongoing relationship.

maybe she was talking bout the love letter u posted???? ..

it looks like u never know what THAT particular IO will accept as formidable evidence..

ive read all thru these posts.. some ppl took letters, others did not, some wanted pics.. some didn't care bout the pics.. same w/ any bureaucratic process.. ive taken evidence to one SSA ofc for a replacement card.. one ofc didn't accept it.. turned around and went to one down the street and they took it LOL and i WORK for SSA.. lol..

i guess u just gotta take whatever ammo u got and hope u hit the bullseye..

Timeline

Okay...you know only on VJ I know of people not gettting through with the K-1 w/o the fiancee/fiance being there. Ms.tee prayers your way...

Thank you, the way I see it is, if they blue slip him, maybe they will request that I attend and give us another date, which is fine to. I will just ask the embassy to work with us and give us a friday interview so that I can attend. Im ready at a moments notice to fly out if I have to. If I have to fly the day before and return the day of, I will just have to call out sick. I can accomdate as long as it isnt on a Tuesday, which is what the current interview date is scheduled on. Thanks to all of you for sage advice.

Good Morning yardies,

I'm in the office all by myself today :dance: ...it's Yom Kippur! Now maybe I can get some work done.

@Sus, my sleep was horrible too, I'm still half sick....I hope today goes well for ya

Thanks chica, I washed conditioned....put a bump in the front and left the back out wild and curly.

Don't talk about my boyfriend Fat like that :bonk::rofl:

:lol: mstee i promise imma get that pic (the one with the face)

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
finesse :blink: no mi dear fi him money not mine my hubby would walk cross wata if mi do dat...but he's cool and he helps us out when i'm there. (drive us around) mi nuh know weh dem ago do but him waan come so him can tek care a him dawta...he's willing to send the money to pay for it

but shek?? if he does pay that THEN WHAT.. i don't know much bout the spouse process..is there nothing else SHE needs to do cuz if he sent her money that she did not use for the proper purpose dont seem like she is willing to get him here :unsure:

where will he live?

who will help along till he gets settled?

Filed: Timeline

Mstee; if he gets blue slipped and they ask for your to attend, they'll give him a new date...you can pray that it's on a Friday or you can e-mail the embassy and see if they'll accommodate you request...wait and see how things play out...I pray you won't have to attend, but it depends on the person that's conducting the interview...just be prepared to go to the second interview if it comes to that.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

Okay I think I understand. We already did letters of intent a long time ago. This letter is not about the relationship, it is just stating why I am unable to attend which has to do with work/school. If this letter needs to be notorized, this isn't a problem either because there are three people at my job which notorize. Im not trying to explain to them about our relationship. We have pics, phone, records, receipts and things of that nature as proof of an ongoing relationship.

it looks like u never know what THAT particular IO will accept as formidable evidence..

ive read all thru these posts.. some ppl took letters, others did not, some wanted pics.. some didn't care bout the pics.. same w/ any bureaucratic process.. ive taken evidence to one SSA ofc for a replacement card.. one ofc didn't accept it.. turned around and went to one down the street and they took it LOL and i WORK for SSA.. lol..

lol okay the love letter was just for him to wish him luck. Not to take to the interview. I sent that in the fed ex package for "him". Sorry for the confusion...

Filed: Timeline

lol okay the love letter was just for him to wish him luck. Not to take to the interview. I sent that in the fed ex package for "him". Sorry for the confusion...

I wasn't confused.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Mstee; if he gets blue slipped and they ask for your to attend, they'll give him a new date...you can pray that it's on a Friday or you can e-mail the embassy and see if they'll accommodate you request...wait and see how things play out...I pray you won't have to attend, but it depends on the person that's conducting the interview...just be prepared to go to the second interview if it comes to that.

Okay and Im prepared to do just that. Im going to start looking at prices for airfare just incase. Not buying just looking...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
This is horrible:

That's so sad :crying:

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Good Morning yardies,

Tanks, you son is cute too he looks like such an angel

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Timeline

but shek?? if he does pay that THEN WHAT.. i don't know much bout the spouse process..is there nothing else SHE needs to do cuz if he sent her money that she did not use for the proper purpose dont seem like she is willing to get him here :unsure:

where will he live?

who will help along till he gets settled?

IDK Q this is just crazy i know his wife and his daughter and he wants me to call and talk to her but my hubby said NNNWWWOOO!!! :lol: anyways he has a brother here (thats my hubby's brother by mother's side) she got the money before and said she needed a few things around the house and she had to use it :whistle: lawd hav mercy MIX UP!

Good Morning yardies,

Tanks, you son is cute too he looks like such an angel

ANGEL??? :devil:

Edited by MsSheka

02/04/10 Case complete

03/12/10 Interview

03/18/10 POE

03/22/10 applied for SSN

04/01/10 received SSN

2/11/12 Sent

2/14/12 Delivered

2/15/12 Check Cashed

2/15/12 NOA 1

3/13/2012 Biometrics

11/6/2012 RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
ok y'all here's a story :whistle:

my brother-in-law just found out his wife had a baby earlier this year and he has not seen her in almost two years so he calls her and she says she cheated because she heard he had a woman out there....anyways his file is at the NVC stage and he sent the $400 to pay for his visa i called just now and guess what?...awaiting payment..he's asking me to help him he will send me the money to pay for it... :unsure: ?????

your BIL is in jamaica? his wife is in US?

:thumbs::yes:

are they planning to be together? do you like him? do you have $400? would your money be wasted if him and his wife don't work out? is she refusing to pay it? maybe he could pay half...

sounds sticky....i'll have to agree w/Roxcie and stay outta dat one...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.