*Maureen*

FRIDAY!!!

52 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

To those of you that are ill I hope that you feel better soon.

IHQ...glad you made it home safe and sound.

We had a cute little shihtzu at our home when hubby first came. No big deal until he found out he shed and some got on the baby. He started to freak and then he would show me little things about not having dogs in your home and such. The dog did die but not because of him and we have two kitties and he doesn't have issues with them but they aren't allowed on our beds. I really am thinking this person's family isn't muslim because you would have heard something about it even if you didn't practice it you would think especially if she was married for a long time. Not sure though.....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

sofyans mom prays and covers and she use to sleep in bed with our dog. We also have a dog and no issues wth that. I think it depends on where your from and how you were raised.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I'm not that educated about Syria but from what I think, Aren't they like Turkey? And from the Turkish people that I have seen, they aren't practicing Muslims and they might not even be Muslim. They might also have lost their Syrian identity and be fully Americanized, Just a thought. I am a Muslim and am still in debate over the whole dog issue, I really want one though :(

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

I'm not that educated about Syria but from what I think, Aren't they like Turkey? And from the Turkish people that I have seen, they aren't practicing Muslims and they might not even be Muslim. They might also have lost their Syrian identity and be fully Americanized, Just a thought. I am a Muslim and am still in debate over the whole dog issue, I really want one though :(

in what way do you mean syrians are like turks? are you talking about alawis and alevis? and what do the turkish people you've seen have to do with a country of over 74 million people? there's a huge amount of variation in a population that large. since when are dogs the gauge of losing one identity and being "fully americanized"? or the gauge of someone's religiosity?

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

in what way do you mean syrians are like turks? are you talking about alawis and alevis? and what do the turkish people you've seen have to do with a country of over 74 million people? there's a huge amount of variation in a population that large. since when are dogs the gauge of losing one identity and being "fully americanized"? or the gauge of someone's religiosity?

I was just stating the little knowledge and maybe misconceptions about it. Sorry, didn't mean to start a fuss. Guess I'm wrong. and about being Americanized, I meant that about the way dogs are cared for here and for European countries for that matter. Dogs are treated like humans, no where in the world are they as spoiled. I meant to say maybe they aren't attached to their culture or religion and have adopted the stereotypical American life.

Thanks Astarte for enlightening me instead of bashing or criticizing me :)

Edited by Kenza

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

this is bashing and criticizing? i was asking questions and seeking clarification for what you meant. some sunni muslims do not consider alawis in syria or alevis in turkey to be muslims. that's why i asked if that was what you were talking about. if it means anything, my husband rides to work every day with my dad and my dad's dog sits on my husband's lap the whole way. i, on the other hand, don't even want to ride in a car that has a dog in it. i'm quite certain my husband is and always will be very attached to his culture and his religious beliefs. to say he wasn't based on how he treats dogs strikes me as absurd, that's all. it's a weird gauge to me.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.