New Beginnings

Eid

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey Everyone!

Is Eid Ul-Fitr the 20th or the 21st?? I keep getting mixed reports.

Also, if anyone can give me suggestions on how to make this special for my husband I would appreciate it. This was his first Ramadan and will be his first Eid here.

Thanks in advance!

Laura

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Hey Everyone!

Is Eid Ul-Fitr the 20th or the 21st?? I keep getting mixed reports.

Also, if anyone can give me suggestions on how to make this special for my husband I would appreciate it. This was his first Ramadan and will be his first Eid here.

Thanks in advance!

Laura

I'm celebrating it on the 20th. I would just make a nice big breakfast, go the mosque for morning prayer, and then go out to lunch and exchange gifts and maybe do an activity in the area?

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

InshaAllah it will be on the 20th, per the Islamic Center of Minnesota

Although, I would like to hear it from the Islamic Juriprudence Council of Minnesota

Also, I talked to my uncle in Saudi Arabia earlier this morning and he also said that Saudi, inshaAllah is planning for the 20th as well. Hope that helps.

Edited by 100% Al Ahly Fan

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
InshaAllah it will be on the 20th, per the Islamic Center of Minnesota

Although, I would like to hear it from the Islamic Juriprudence Council of Minnesota

Also, I talked to my uncle in Saudi Arabia earlier this morning and he also said that Saudi, inshaAllah is planning for the 20th as well. Hope that helps.

Inshallah it'll be on the 20th. Islamic Foundation of Villa Park is also celebrating on 20th.

For those who are lucky enough to spend eid with their loved ones, congrats and enjoy especially if this is your first eid-ul-fitr together.

Married my love: 06/10/2009

I-130 Sent to CSC: 06/22/2009

I-130 NOA 1: 06/29/2009

I-130 NOA 2: 12/9/2009

I-130 NOA 2 Hardcopy Recieved: 12/15/2009

I-129F Sent to CSC: 07/07/2009

I-129F NOA1: 07/08/2009

I-129F NOA2: 12/9/2009

I-129F NOA2 Hardcopy Recieved: 12/15/2009

NVC Recieved I-130: 12/15/2009

NVC Recieved I-129F : 12/15/2009

Case #'s Assigned: 12/15/2009

NVC Sent I-129F Petiton to Embassy: 12/16/2009

DS-3032 E-Mail and Hardcopy Sent: 12/19/2009

I-864 AOS Fee Bill Generated: 12/21/2009

I-864 AOS Fee Bill Paid: 12/21/2009

K3: Interview Date Re-assigned to March 11, 2010.

Interview Result: Approved for Visa!

Visa Recieved via Courier: March 17, 2010

I-751 ROC

I-751 Sent: 04/14/2012

I-751 NOA: 04/16/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm so confused. So if it's on the 20th, does it start that evening or the evening before (in other words, are you still fasting on the day of the 20th)? :unsure:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Timeline
I'm so confused. So if it's on the 20th, does it start that evening or the evening before (in other words, are you still fasting on the day of the 20th)? :unsure:

No, Saturday will be the LAST day of fasting inshallah :)

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Timeline

This is exactly my problem. I'm not muslim and my husband is too sweet to ask me to do anything for him because he doesn't want me to feel like I have to. So I'm trying to put together something special for him. But I don't know what the traditions are and I don't know when he can eat and all of that stuff.

I'm lost!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So just to clarify (for the billionth time... :lol: ), Saturday the 19th is the last day of fasting?

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Timeline

So just to clarify (for the billionth time... :lol: ), Saturday the 19th is the last day of fasting?

YUP! and he can eat like on a normal day on Sunday.

how about making a cake and going out to lunch or the other sugg. i made above ^

59642370_4bc757a87a.jpg

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I want to do something special for EID but he don't want the fuss. Its my holiday too!!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We (but I'm basically doing all the organizing) are going to have a huge get together at our home. We've invited several of our Muslim friends, but have also invited my family as well. I'm doing a hodge podge of Middle Eastern food and some good 'ole Southern eats as well. I'm doing some candy bags for the kids as well AND it's one of the kids birthday, so we are having a birthday cake for her.

Hubby is grilling some chicken (legs and breasts) and hot dogs (beef of course) for the kidlets.

It's going to be alot of work but I'm excited to have everyone in our home to celebrate the special day!

As for small scale, I think a favorite dish or a cake would be nice! :)

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Timeline

Laura you could be go to one of the local Eid prayers. There are many places, although Shakopee and Brooklyn Center will have lots of people (makes it feel very Eidish <--Just made up that word, hee hee). Then you could bring him to Marina or Holy Land. There will be LOTS of other Muslims, he may enjoy the busyness of it all. Have you asked any of the other Moroccans that you know here in the Twin Cities, what they will be doing?

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline
Laura you could be go to one of the local Eid prayers. There are many places, although Shakopee and Brooklyn Center will have lots of people (makes it feel very Eidish <--Just made up that word, hee hee). Then you could bring him to Marina or Holy Land. There will be LOTS of other Muslims, he may enjoy the busyness of it all. Have you asked any of the other Moroccans that you know here in the Twin Cities, what they will be doing?

I had no idea there was a masjid in Shakopee. Where exactly is that? He's just been going to the one in Eden Prairie and I thought the one in Fridley would be busy on Sunday... though it is a little far away from us.

We've been to Holy Land in Midtown global market and the one in NE minneapolis but I've never heard of Marina... where/what is that?

I mentioned to my husband to invite some friends over and I'll have little cookies and cakes prepared. But I'm not sure what they'll have planned. I know we're going to spend a fantastic night with another couple on Saturday to celebrate the last night of Ramadan...

Timeline

I had no idea there was a masjid in Shakopee. Where exactly is that? He's just been going to the one in Eden Prairie and I thought the one in Fridley would be busy on Sunday... though it is a little far away from us.

We've been to Holy Land in Midtown global market and the one in NE minneapolis but I've never heard of Marina... where/what is that?

I mentioned to my husband to invite some friends over and I'll have little cookies and cakes prepared. But I'm not sure what they'll have planned. I know we're going to spend a fantastic night with another couple on Saturday to celebrate the last night of Ramadan...

It's not a mosque. It's the Shakopee Community Center. Many Muslims congregate there to pray for the Eid. I usually attend the the gathering at the Earle Brown Heritage Center. Marina is like Holyland, except it doesn't have a grocery store. There is the Big Marina in Columbia Heights/Hilltop off of Central and 47th. The Little Marina is located NorthEast Mpls, on Lowry and University.

InshaAllah you and your hubby have a great Eid!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm making a huge diner for Medo all of his fav's Rosted duck stuffed with carmaled onions ... Sanyet Patates(roasted potato)....Roz M'aamar(rice made with milk.) And Ummm Ali for desert. I'm so hungry just thinking about it.

Untitled.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.