WorriedPinay2

Medical Exam

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
My fiance screwed up and admitted at the medical that she used marijuana one time. Now they want her to see a physchiatrist. But is it going to matter, or is that one time use 4 years ago going to get her banned anyway?

Here is something you might find useful, one of our Yardies posted it in our last thread. Hope it helps some:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...15391&st=75

My fiance screwed up and admitted at the medical that she used marijuana one time. Now they want her to see a physchiatrist. But is it going to matter, or is that one time use 4 years ago going to get her banned anyway?

Here is something you might find useful, one of our Yardies posted it in our last thread. Hope it helps some:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...15391&st=75

Post #78

she must say no never use marijuana lol otherwise i dnt think they can find out that. coz its already 4 years ago.

i know someone he used to drugs but he stopped to use for more than amonth and he just drink a lot of water/milk and ate a lot of vegstable. then he took a medical examination afterward.then his medical result's good.

HONGKONG PHILIPPINES PASSPORT

oct 28 2008--MARRIED

dec 28 2008 -- send the i-130 to uscis

feb 3-2009-- approaved

feb - 2009 -- bill generated

feb- 2009 --choice of address

mar 18 2009 --IV Fee Payment Receipt Details online in process for visa payment

mar - 2009-- recieved ds-230

april 1 2009 -- missing documents i-864 (something skip) sent back by then..

May - 2009 ---sent ds-230/NBI/marriages contract/birthcert/photo( original copy)

june 24 2009 --sent to nvc payment statement..

june 26 2009-- resent the reciept of IV fee.nvc missing..

july 1 2009----recieved INSTRUCTION PACKET AGENT..

july 27-2009 NVC completed.

july 31-2009 medical

sept 4 2009 INTERVIEW

sept 4 2009 passed the interview but my visa pending its bcoz i do need to send CENOMAR ( certificate of no marriages) NSO should be send direct to us consulate in hongkong then my visa will send to me once they receive my CENOMAR... wait for another month again :(

sept 17,09 NSO already send the CENOMAR to hongkong consulate.

sept 30,09 HongKong us consulate received my CENOMAR

oct 7.09 visa in hand :)

nov 23,09 Port of entry

dec 15.09 letter from uscis (WELCOME NOTICE)

January 15 2010 expected to receive the original green card..

as1cF3P0g410000Nzc3ODZ8Mzc4amx8Zmx5IHRvIHVzYQ.gif

YMALIA

2_415330520l.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

what if she smoked in NL where it is legal?

Log

Wedding 01-2006

USCIS

I-130 NOA1 : 11-20-08 I-130 NOA2 : 05-14-2009

I-129F NOA1 : 12-04-08 I-129F NOA2 : 05-14-2009 Took no action since

NVC

Case number assigned at NVC : 05-18-2009

Case Completed at NVC : 08-03

Interview scheduled: 08-13

Embassy

medical : done 08-17 + pick up 09-08

Interview Date: 09-08-09

Visa received : 09-11-09 valid till 03-10-10

October 10th entered US with Visa Waiver Program for 2 weeks holidays (not usual with visa received!)

had to go through secondary inspections to explain

November 25th entered again US with WVP, officer did not notice my green card visa

left US on dec 28 to avoid meeting the substantial presence test for IRS

Jan 9 2010 entered and activated green card though PHL port of entry

waiting for SSN requested with DS230 and 10 years GC

01-30 received tracking number for GC Welcome issued on 01-27

but not yet SSN

SSN expected by Feb 20 else I might go and ask for one regardless of DS230

GC expected by March 27

Feb 3 2010 update card ordered says to allow for 30 days

Feb 8 2010 update saying approval notice sent

Feb 12 2010 received GC card Permanent resident valid till 2020

Feb 18 2010 went to file ss5 for ssn card as not yet received and center would not find me in ssn files

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry to hear this, its a tragedy. I don't know what to tell you, but here is another thread where someone was denied because they admitted to smoking pot once 2 years before the interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=215368

Now would be a good time to start looking into some type of waiver.

I'm not familiar with the subject, so you will have to ask around as to the type of waiver, and if they will even be eligible.

Hang in there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I can't believe that they make that big a deal out of someone who admitted to smoking pot 4 years ago. They could simply give her a drug test and see that she is negative and be done with it. I guess that this case definately proves, atleast in the Philippines, when asked if you ever experimented with drugs no matter how many years it has been it is best to Lie! How sad. Good luck to you guys.

That's skirting this site's TOS....

Last I check marijuana is still an illegal substance in the US, and since this is a medical exam that is geared to check a beneficiary's 'fitness,' admiting to its use, regardless of when it was, is tantamount to adminting you've done an illegal thing. That can affect your eligibility for the visa. I agree that a one time use (a long time ago) makes no difference today, and I don't think it should be taken into effect...but because pot is illegal in the US (at least for recreational use) I can understand how this question is on the medical exam.

You're right. I knew that this would come up and I apologize. It just seems so ridiculous to me what they punish someone for telling the truth.

When the truth is 'yes, I broke the low and committed a crime', then surely punishment is due. The excuse that everyone else does it, is NOT a reason to be let off. I agree that one joint 4 years ago is hardly anything to worry about, but when there's tens of thousands of people trying to get into the USA, they need to have some strict rules in place.

Plus we all know... you tell a doctor you smoke 2 a day, it's more like 10 a day. The say you had one joint 4 years ago... well, enough said :whistle:

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

That's an interesting point! :thumbs:

Although that said, I'm guessing it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. Laws are different all over the world for many things, and it's only the law in the US that they're bothered about I'd expect.

In some backward countries it's probably legal to beat your wife because she didn't cook your dinner just right... but try telling a CO you did that once a month for 3 years and see how far you get! :rofl:

I can't believe that they make that big a deal out of someone who admitted to smoking pot 4 years ago. They could simply give her a drug test and see that she is negative and be done with it. I guess that this case definately proves, atleast in the Philippines, when asked if you ever experimented with drugs no matter how many years it has been it is best to Lie! How sad. Good luck to you guys.

Last I check marijuana is still an illegal substance in the US, and since this is a medical exam that is geared to check a beneficiary's 'fitness,' admiting to its use, regardless of when it was, is tantamount to adminting you've done an illegal thing. That can affect your eligibility for the visa. I agree that a one time use (a long time ago) makes no difference today, and I don't think it should be taken into effect...but because pot is illegal in the US (at least for recreational use) I can understand how this question is on the medical exam.

You're right. I knew that this would come up and I apologize. It just seems so ridiculous to me what they punish someone for telling the truth.

She is not being punished for telling the truth, she is being punished FOR the truth. Yes it makes a difference, yes it can result in denial and a bar from future visas.

And no I did not experiment with the wacky tabbacky, I was do busy shootin', fishin' and chasin' skirts for that stuff (and the skirts used up all my disposable income anyway)

...and I'm sure you looked great in them skirts :rofl:

Dave

UK-US%20Flags2.gif

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

UPDATE

The interview with the psychiatrist was a breeze. She told me they were laughing part of the time. But he would give her no clue as too the final result. We rescheduled the Embassy interview to give me more time to do research.

At her interview she waited very nervously to be called. We had gone over her responses a 100 times. Finally, she gets called into the interview room. THE CONSULAR OFFICER NEVER EVEN ASKED ABOUT DRUG USE. All of the standard questions were asked and she was approved.

First to MSTEE, thank you for your post, That was one of the best articles on the subject and helped in our preperation.

To Clueless In USA, it is obvious where you got your boardname. You just keep walking on water and living your perfect life. It is much more fun to watch when people like you are caught in your hipocrasy and fall from your pulpit.

It always amazes me that the very religious remain the most judgmental of all people. I guess that whole thing about forgiveness is just something to say and not prtactice.

Well, it doesnt really matter, because my drug using fiance is on her way to America.

By the way, that is just a joke. She in fact lives one of the healthiest lifestyles I know. No meat, no smoking, no drinking, won't even take prescription meds unless she has no choice. Oh yea, but she doesnt judge peolpe who do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

You are right. It's so easy to be judgemental.... Congratulations! Hope you have a very happy life together!

map.jpg

NOA1 - 09/18/2009

Touched - 10/22/2009

NOA2 - 10/22/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 10/30/2009

NVC letter received - 10/31/2009

Received package 3 - 11/06/2009

Sent the papers required in package 3 to the embassy - 12/04/2009

My fiance arrived in Romania - 01/31/2010

Medical - 02/01/2010

Interview - 02/02/2010 - Visa approved!!!!

Entered USA (POE: Atlanta) - 02/15/2010

Marriage - 05/08/2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That's an interesting point! :thumbs:

Although that said, I'm guessing it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. Laws are different all over the world for many things, and it's only the law in the US that they're bothered about I'd expect.

In some backward countries it's probably legal to beat your wife because she didn't cook your dinner just right... but try telling a CO you did that once a month for 3 years and see how far you get! :rofl:

She is not being punished for telling the truth, she is being punished FOR the truth. Yes it makes a difference, yes it can result in denial and a bar from future visas.

And no I did not experiment with the wacky tabbacky, I was do busy shootin', fishin' and chasin' skirts for that stuff (and the skirts used up all my disposable income anyway)

...and I'm sure you looked great in them skirts :rofl:

:thumbs: The only place they looked better...was on the floor.

Good news for the OP. Good luck.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.