gfredx

Should I be concerned?

130 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
This is not a bash anyone thread.. It is a genuine question if missing something in the culture. I am embarrassed to even ask this.

I give my fiancée 300 american dollars for support each month. It is never enough though. I realize 300 a month is not a great deal, but should be enough to live on or am I way off here? It is starting to really hurt our relationship at this point because within 15 days she has gone through the 300 this month, and asking for more even though have asked her to budget money since I am sadly not a rich man. Would someone please illuminate the situation? :crying::crying::crying::crying:

ConfuseDone.....

I have gone trough the same and then I recalled an old saying;

Give them a fish and feed them for one day....teach them how to fish and they feed themselves for a lifetime.....

After talking it over, any money i have sent was to be used ONLY and ONLY start and expand a very small bussiness....

While there were some false starts and training and adjustment along the way, now it is self sufficient and very little handouts or acceptance of any handouts....

I am sorry to say but some and I say some....not all.....have problems handling money or budget.....so some training is required.

Best Wishes...

well said! i use to send my fiance ~$150/mo just so she could be comfortable, as she still lived with her parents. she wasnt working, but was looking for a job. so ~8months ago, i sent her the capital to start a Sari-sari store.. costed me $800 smackers... anyway, she's been making a killing since... she nets approximately 40-45 thousand pesos monthly, and will have a 'lil business to leave to her family when she comes here. haven't been sending her any money. and she's already saved up enough money for her medical exam, fees, and plane ticket to the US! now that's teaching to fish!! ;p cheers!

There you go....you see there are SUCCESS stories after all (not just mine!!).... :thumbs::thumbs:

Don't you buy that #######, bubba. $800 capital to net $900 a month? Sounds like a fisherman catchin' an anchovy and tellin' everybody that it's a 50 pound albacore. Well, I'll shut my mouth!

It's impossible to have a net income like that from a sari-sari store I agree. Maybe it's a money lending business? :devil::unsure:

5'6??? business hehehe IMPOSSIBLE for a sari sari Store.

really? how do you know that? because of the fact you once paid a 45 peso cab ride, which whould have costed $20 here? or a piece of candy you bought at a sari-sari for P2.00?? oh i know!! because filipinos have coins that are actually valued lower than the US penny?! ;) hahaha. i am now very relieved that i never posted here for advise prior to making the dicision to do the store venture.... with all the knowledgeable-appearing posts, I may have actually been deterred.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand why are you are so pissed off about my statement, I was just stating a FACT. Thats why I said, what a sari sari store ( with an exclamation point) because it is so successful. Dont be so defensive . I was actually complimenting you. One thing is, I dont BS here , everybody knows that. I dont know how much a call center personnel make but good for them if they make good money. I am not in competition with anybody, just making a statement.

Cool it man and goodluck with the sari-sari store :)

sorry that you think i am pissed off at your statement, but you got me all wrong.. was just calling you out on what i believe you really meant... i just felt it was irrelavent to draw a comparison between a lawyer and store owner in the PI. of course, it would probably be more valid here in the US. anyhow, if you were in fact being sincere and complimenting, i apologize. ;)just next time, compliment someone by replying to their post directly, and not to a string of counterproductive posts. kinda comes across ingenuine ya know? anyhow, all sarcasm and undertones out the window, is it too late to accept your compliment??? ;p

If I remember right , your post that I replied to was under a string of counterproductive posts so I just kinda followed it:) I am not really good at editing the posts so I just replied to your post as it was.

To clear the "issue", I grew up in a small town in Mindanao where there is a "sari-sari" store in probably every two blocks. A sari-sari store, as I experenced it is no bigger than a bedroom, you start with a capital of 500 to 1000 pesos . Ive talked to several neighbors before and they said they clear like 100 to 200 pesos a day profit. This was the basis of my comparison. If you were more specific with your FIRST POST, about the area, the goods involved, and not just the amount of profit , I would not have reacted as I did, and as what the others did ( disbelief) when you mentioned a 50,000 monthly profit for a sari sari store. Your fiancee probably has a grocery store which is bigger and more goods sold compared to a typical Filipino sari-sari store.

I don't mind being called out, but I do mind being called a BS caller because I am not one. And I am always sincere with my posts.

Your fiancee is a good businesswoman and you are lucky that you found a Filipina who is financially independent and is hardworking.

Ive made my point, goodluck.

Edited by jom

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

I never recieved any support from my fiance( husband now) not even a single cent. He only send me money for my medical, visa and plane ticket.

Evelyn

Sorry to hear that, Too bad he didn't feel the need to help out his future wife.

What are you sorry about it? I'm a grown up woman and I made my own money before. Now that I'm here he give everything I need and he does support my family back home too out of his generosity. I don't need to work myself as an RN here. And I also remember he doesn't need to smuggle louis vuitton stuff (Fake One) back here when he visit me to sell here and make extra money to support me back home.

I'm glad you don't need to work yourself as RN here

I'am glad you are a grown up woman and made your own money before

I am also glad now that you are here, he give everything you need

Congrats on not having to smuggle LV (fake One) back to USA to support you when you were back at home

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol::lol::lol:

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I dont understand why are you are so pissed off about my statement, I was just stating a FACT. Thats why I said, what a sari sari store ( with an exclamation point) because it is so successful. Dont be so defensive . I was actually complimenting you. One thing is, I dont BS here , everybody knows that. I dont know how much a call center personnel make but good for them if they make good money. I am not in competition with anybody, just making a statement.

Cool it man and goodluck with the sari-sari store :)

sorry that you think i am pissed off at your statement, but you got me all wrong.. was just calling you out on what i believe you really meant... i just felt it was irrelavent to draw a comparison between a lawyer and store owner in the PI. of course, it would probably be more valid here in the US. anyhow, if you were in fact being sincere and complimenting, i apologize. ;)just next time, compliment someone by replying to their post directly, and not to a string of counterproductive posts. kinda comes across ingenuine ya know? anyhow, all sarcasm and undertones out the window, is it too late to accept your compliment??? ;p

If I remember right , your post that I replied to was under a string of counterproductive posts so I just kinda followed it:) I am not really good at editing the posts so I just replied to your post as it was.

To clear the "issue", I grew up in a small town in Mindanao where there is a "sari-sari" store in probably every two blocks. A sari-sari store, as I experenced it is no bigger than a bedroom, you start with a capital of 500 to 1000 pesos . Ive talked to several neighbors before and they said they clear like 100 to 200 pesos a day profit. This was the basis of my comparison. If you were more specific with your FIRST POST, about the area, the goods involved, and not just the amount of profit , I would not have reacted as I did, and as what the others did ( disbelief) when you mentioned a 50,000 monthly profit for a sari sari store. Your fiancee probably has a grocery store which is bigger and more goods sold compared to a typical Filipino sari-sari store.

I don't mind being called out, but I do mind being called a BS caller because I am not one. And I am always sincere with my posts.

Your fiancee is a good businesswoman and you are lucky that you found a Filipina who is financially independent and is hardworking.

Ive made my point, goodluck.

Hmmmmm.. I am not a business-minded kind of person. But I made a simple feasibility study for Sari-sari store in the city for the sake of my Aunt. For 100,000 Php of capital, you can have a decent sari-sari store with retails of basic necessities, 40% of it goes to the appliances, storage stuff and cabinets. At normal condition, 6am-10pm store service in 7 days a week, the gross profit is 10,000-15,000 Php, and having a net profit of 2,500-4,500 Php. So, the monthly net profit is 10,000- 18,000 Php. This is an actual optimum study for a sari-sari store. If you really talking about sari-sari store, I don't think 45,000 or 50,000 Php profit is right figure, you might be talking not just a sari-sari store.

This is just my opinion. I agree to Jom for this matter because even you set-up small grocery, 50,000 Php is too high as profit.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

I never recieved any support from my fiance( husband now) not even a single cent. He only send me money for my medical, visa and plane ticket.

Evelyn

Sorry to hear that, Too bad he didn't feel the need to help out his future wife.

What are you sorry about it? I'm a grown up woman and I made my own money before. Now that I'm here he give everything I need and he does support my family back home too out of his generosity. I don't need to work myself as an RN here. And I also remember he doesn't need to smuggle louis vuitton stuff (Fake One) back here when he visit me to sell here and make extra money to support me back home.

Congrats on not having to smuggle LV (fake One) back to USA to support you when you were back at home

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol:

Oh thank you that you are glad about it. And yeah it's really funny that someone like you claiming to be rich and doesn't use coupons smuggled fake stuff from PI to bring over here...lets see if you remember this :)

QUOTE (tallcoolone @ Jul 12 2008, 10:33 PM)

My last trip. I brought back 12 Rolex (Fake of Course) but good quality for the price. You can buy (2) Mans/Woman from 300 to 500 pesos for two.

I had 2 Coach Purses, For some reason Coach is very popular in USA.

I bought Louis Vuitton Rolling Luggage and packed my clothes in and left my old Luggage in PI.

I had about 10 Louis Vuitton wallets/Check covers and Some Izod small purses.

Another good thing to bring back is DVD, YOu can buy a single DVD with 25 movies on it for 150 pesos. They play fine on US DVD.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::lol::lol:

29960_396648778323_615343323_4014936_8258670_n.jpg

Q3b5m7.png

Aug 3, 2006 Sent I-129f in to CSC

Aug 15, 2006 Sent in updated I-129f

Aug 23, 2006 NOA1

Aug 25, 2006 They cashed my check

Aug 30, 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Dec 2, 2006 NOA2 recieved in mail

Dec 12, 2006 I receive that letter from NVC

Mar 22, 2007 St. Lukes appointment

Mar 29, 2007 7:30am Interview

Mar 29, 2007 12pm APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

April 10, 2007 Fiancee Arrived!!! WOO HOO!!!

June 26, 2007 Wedding

July 2, 2007 Medical for AOS

July 6, 2007 Sent in AOS (cutting it really close to the 90 days!)

July 8, 2007 USCIS receives i-485

July 16, 2007 NOA1

July 18, 2007 NOA biometrics

Aug 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment.

Oct 11, 2007 Interview

Oct 11, 2007 Green card Approved!!! You cant kick me out now Baby!

Oct 18, 2007 Welcome letter saying Green card is on its way

Oct 22, 2007 2 year Green card arrived!!

TIMELINE-I-751-Oct 11, 2009 GC Expiration

July 8, 2009- Sent 1-751 in to CSC

July 15, 2009- CSC sent back my papers saying its too early for 90 days expiration

July 16, 2009- Resend my papers 85 days before GC expired

July 18, 2009- Arrived at CSC-10:53 am

July 22, 2009- Cashed Check

July 27, 2009- NOA 1 recieved

July 31, 2009- Biometric Notice Recieved

Aug 18, 2009- Biometric Schedule

Sep 03, 2009- Card Production ordered

Sep 09, 2009-Approval letter recieved in the mail

Sep 12, 2009- 10 Year GC recieved

hey how did she live before she met u?

abby n sheryl

just be smart for choosing a woman to spend for the rest of your life.well actually shes only your fiancee not a wife you dnt have obligation to send money everymonth. well maybe you can send something but not money for each month. good luck

HONGKONG PHILIPPINES PASSPORT

oct 28 2008--MARRIED

dec 28 2008 -- send the i-130 to uscis

feb 3-2009-- approaved

feb - 2009 -- bill generated

feb- 2009 --choice of address

mar 18 2009 --IV Fee Payment Receipt Details online in process for visa payment

mar - 2009-- recieved ds-230

april 1 2009 -- missing documents i-864 (something skip) sent back by then..

May - 2009 ---sent ds-230/NBI/marriages contract/birthcert/photo( original copy)

june 24 2009 --sent to nvc payment statement..

june 26 2009-- resent the reciept of IV fee.nvc missing..

july 1 2009----recieved INSTRUCTION PACKET AGENT..

july 27-2009 NVC completed.

july 31-2009 medical

sept 4 2009 INTERVIEW

sept 4 2009 passed the interview but my visa pending its bcoz i do need to send CENOMAR ( certificate of no marriages) NSO should be send direct to us consulate in hongkong then my visa will send to me once they receive my CENOMAR... wait for another month again :(

sept 17,09 NSO already send the CENOMAR to hongkong consulate.

sept 30,09 HongKong us consulate received my CENOMAR

oct 7.09 visa in hand :)

nov 23,09 Port of entry

dec 15.09 letter from uscis (WELCOME NOTICE)

January 15 2010 expected to receive the original green card..

as1cF3P0g410000Nzc3ODZ8Mzc4amx8Zmx5IHRvIHVzYQ.gif

YMALIA

2_415330520l.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Evelyn

the petitioner has no legal obligation to financially support a fiancee and it could be construed by a co as a red flag at the interview.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Evelyn

Oh thank you that you are glad about it. And yeah it's really funny that someone like you claiming to be rich and doesn't use coupons smuggled fake stuff from PI to bring over here...lets see if you remember this :)

My last trip. I brought back 12 Rolex (Fake of Course) but good quality for the price. You can buy (2) Mans/Woman from 300 to 500 pesos for two.

I bought Louis Vuitton Rolling Luggage and packed my clothes in and left my old Luggage in PI.

Another good thing to bring back is DVD, YOu can buy a single DVD with 25 movies on it for 150 pesos. They play fine on US DVD.

Coupons, ####### is that about, You must be lost now or making stuff up in your head.

I have never claimed to be rich, But I have claimed to be damn Good Looking (Gwapo as you would call me). I work just like most other people.

As far as bringing items back from PI to USA, I give them to my friends and co-workers, Surely you don't think I try to sell them to supplement my income.

Maybe you need to stop puffing and start passing whatever it is your smoking :bonk:

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

$300 is already a big amount here in the Philippines if you know how to budget. My fiance started giving me money this september bec i resigned from work for many reasons and he is giving me $140 dollars a month(for my share in our apt, food,daily needs). I really budget it bec i dont want to ask money from my fiance. It will be better if you talk to her in a nice way. Good luck to you and i hope all your questions will be answered soon. God Bless!!

$140/mo is an amount that I agree with. If Kano gives Pinay 1500-2000 pesos per week, this is reasonable for both parties to live with. Then, Kano can even load her cell phone via aryty.com, if he wishes to add a little more. Internet at the cafes are dirt cheap so hardly a consideration.

I think OP needs to go online and have Pinay agree to a monthly budget, and have her save receipts for Embassy proofs, and he can review them on his next trip to visit her as well.

It is a red flag if she is constantly having little emergencies and requesting more $$ all the time. Esp since she is a province girl and things cost less where she is at.

Good luck.

Edited by itzallgood

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Evelyn

HAHAHA that's funny

I've had fake LV's too that my friends bought me from Korea they are quite pricey too 150 usd- 200usd, you really can't tell the difference from the Original unless you are an expert but I didn't brought it here just to show off I don't wanna fool people as if I am RICH and besides I don't wanna risk bringing fake items here it might cause trouble at the POE.

But there are LV's coach's etc etc that are really cheap looking becoz they are made of poor materials .

Feb 14 2008 met online (super dooper inlove)

April 2 Visit philippines (engaged)

April 13 back to wisconsin

April 26 lawyer Filed I129F

sept 17 called USEM scheduled interview - received appointment date electronically

sept 25-26 MEdical exam passed

oct 3 interview passed (pink slip)[/color]

Oct 15 VISA RECEIVED!!! hoorayyyyyyyyyy

Oct 18 flying to WISCONSIN via Northwest Airlines

AOS

Lawyer filed AOS,EAD,AP Feb 11

NOA1 received Feb 27

Biometric March 14 DONE!!

Case Transfer to CSC MArch 2

Advance Parole April 10 received (approved)

EAD card April 13 received (approved)

AOS April 21 received (APPROVED!!!)

GREEN CARD RECEIVED April 23

Filed: Timeline

Evelyn

the petitioner has no legal obligation to financially support a fiancee and it could be construed by a co as a red flag at the interview.

Now Charles, if that was the case then 70-90 percents of them will be red flagged......

Let us not "fool ourselves" into thinking that "all" are in love just for our good looks.....

This is not a bash anyone thread.. It is a genuine question if missing something in the culture. I am embarrassed to even ask this.

I give my fiancée 300 american dollars for support each month. It is never enough though. I realize 300 a month is not a great deal, but should be enough to live on or am I way off here? It is starting to really hurt our relationship at this point because within 15 days she has gone through the 300 this month, and asking for more even though have asked her to budget money since I am sadly not a rich man. Would someone please illuminate the situation? :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Things happen from week to week, day to day, I lived there in PI with my wife and on average expenses can very from week to week...she may have wanted to treat her family to a nice dinner at home or an occasion. I give my wife a set amount each week, but sometimes we have bills to pay also, like electricity, which can run 1000p or more, water 300 to 500p per month, or yes gifts for a birthday, remember christmas season has started there in PI as well, shopping there is sooo busy this time of year...$100 per week is not unreasonable, this ensures if something comes up there is extra cash in her pocket also tell her to save as much as she can to bring with her on her trip to America...if you don't trust her then why on earth would you marry her? a fair question...

Peace to both of you, the wait is very hard on couples and we all should stand up and complain to congress...how would ANY couple like to be divided for 5 months...its 2009, the information age, yet it takes goverment agencies 6 months to take care of ANY business.

M and M

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.