gfredx

Should I be concerned?

130 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

This is not a bash anyone thread.. It is a genuine question if missing something in the culture. I am embarrassed to even ask this.

I give my fiancée 300 american dollars for support each month. It is never enough though. I realize 300 a month is not a great deal, but should be enough to live on or am I way off here? It is starting to really hurt our relationship at this point because within 15 days she has gone through the 300 this month, and asking for more even though have asked her to budget money since I am sadly not a rich man. Would someone please illuminate the situation? :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a bash anyone thread.. It is a genuine question if missing something in the culture. I am embarrassed to even ask this.

I give my fiancée 300 american dollars for support each month. It is never enough though. I realize 300 a month is not a great deal, but should be enough to live on or am I way off here? It is starting to really hurt our relationship at this point because within 15 days she has gone through the 300 this month, and asking for more even though have asked her to budget money since I am sadly not a rich man. Would someone please illuminate the situation? :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

uhmmm yes i understand ur situation.. bcoz first she is just ur fiancee not ur wife... but may i ask u, does she have kids..?

Edited by happyme
N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Sorry but you have a scammer or VERY high priced pinay.

My wife made $148 US a month and supported her mom and dad and her daughter.

Have you met her?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Don't be scammed...open your eyes real wide. Are you supporting her on something? Is she studying? $300 is a bit too much and asking for more?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Doesn't she work? How long is the relationship? Did you offer or she asked for it?

It really depends.

Ask for the breakdown how she spends her money. You have the right to know.

It should be enough for food and everyday expenses.

But if she has to go out, shop clothes, do stuff. I guess it's pushing it.

K-1
Mar 19, 2009 I-129F Package sent
Mar 30, 2009 NOA1
Jul 27, 2009 RFE Notice Email / Jul 31, 2009 RFE Letter Received / Aug 01, 2009 RFE Reply sent
Aug 06, 2009 NOA2
Aug 17, 2009 NVC received case / Aug 18, 2009 NVC forwarded to USEM / Aug 24, 2009 Package received in USEM
Sep 01, 2009 Medical Passed
Sep 25, 2009 Interview
Oct 10, 2009 Visa Received
Oct 14, 2009 Arrived at U.S.
Oct 26, 2009 Married in San Francisco

AOS
Nov 12, 2009 I-485 Package sent
Nov 19, 2009 NOA1
Dec 08, 2009 RFE Received / Dec 23, 2009 RFE Reply sent

Dec 17, 2009 Biometrics Appt
Jan 20, 2010 AP and EAD approved / Jan 26, 2010 AP received
Jan 27, 2010 Interview letter received
Feb 25, 2010 AOS Interview
Mar 04, 2010 Green Card Received

Removal of Conditions
Dec 21, 2011 I-751 Package sent

Dec 23, 2011 NOA1

Feb 13, 2012 Biometrics Appt

Jun 19, 2012 10-year GC Received

US Citizenship
Jan 16, 2013 N-400 Package sent

Jan 22, 2013 NOA1

Feb 15, 2013 Biometrics Appt

Apr 02, 2013 Citizenship Interview

Apr 23, 2013 Oath Ceremony

It really depends.

Ask for the breakdown how she spends her money. You have the right to know.

It should be enough for food and everyday expenses.

But if she has to go out, shop clothes, do stuff. I guess it's pushing it.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: yes i agree with this....

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

sorry to hear about your fiancee...

is your fiancee living on her own life? like renting an apartment or house so she spend your money in her apartment bill or she is studying in college that she pay her tuition fee? if not? there's something wrong... you must be concerned that is my answer... :blush:

k1 visa journey

03-12-09 sent k1 package to VSC

03-17-09 hardcopy NOA1

08-21-09 NOA2 email notice of approval

08-31-09 received hardcopy NOA2 & NVC letter

09-02-09 consular received

09-07-09 packet 4 received

09-24-09 medical at st.lukes

09-29-09 got my result of xray & vaccine PASSED ^_^ thank u lord

10-15-09 interview date ^_^ PASSED

10-21-09 Visa Received THANK U SO MUCH LORD

10-30-09 CFO certificate & sticker in my passport ^_^

11-17-09 leaving in my country (our 2yrs & 7monthsarry day)

11-17-09 port of entry (Atlanta GA)

01-17-10 we made it well, Wedding Day (Our 33monthsarry)

My Youtube k1 Visa Preperation my documents for my interview

Timeline

Have you met her?

I have met her. We spent almost three weeks together in the Philippines. To the others in the thread she is currently not working. So I am doing full support for her.

I have asked her to breakdown expenses, and have only received guesstimates on expenses. Then when have gone into it further. She told me had paid for a birthday party and gifts also. She has no children. This is really causing pain at this point because do love her, but the lack of responsibility with money pains me. 300 dollars seems excessive in 14 days. I fear she has given her mother money to get involved in a networking scam over there. As well as giving money to everyone in the family. I really do not know for positive though, and it pains me to ponder these questions. Would just rather address this now than 6 months down the road. We are to the point that just filed for 129f.

Edit: She is paying for a boarding room. She is leaving there this month, and it is provincial, and not Manila or Cebu.

I am looking to see if my concerns are just in my head, or if there is reason to be concerned. I am not trying to bash her or anything of the sort, or grab attention. Thank you for the replies.

Edited by Confusedone

Have you met her?

I have met her. We spent almost three weeks together in the Philippines. To the others in the thread she is currently not working. So I am doing full support for her.

I have asked her to breakdown expenses, and have only received guesstimates on expenses. Then when have gone into it further. She told me had paid for a birthday party and gifts also. She has no children. This is really causing pain at this point because do love her, but the lack of responsibility with money pains me. 300 dollars seems excessive in 14 days. I fear she has given her mother money to get involved in a networking scam over there. As well as giving money to everyone in the family. I really do not know for positive though, and it pains me to ponder these questions. Would just rather address this now than 6 months down the road. We are to the point that just filed for 129f.

Edit: She is paying for a boarding room. She is leaving there this month, and it is provincial, and not Manila or Cebu.

I am looking to see if my concerns are just in my head, or if there is reason to be concerned. I am not trying to bash her or anything of the sort, or grab attention. Thank you for the replies.

hay... think u need to talk to ur fiancee let her know what's on ur mind and maybe there, she will understand... good communication is very important in a relationship especially when there is involve money..... goodluck to u.... :star:

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Have you met her?

well boarding room is not that much expensive i guess.... if she is not studying then 300 is still ok.... for cellphone load bcoz there is an idd card here, for food, for internet... :thumbs:

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Have you met her?

When I met my husband, he is giving me a $200 every month until we got married and I have my child of my own and I really budget the money he is giving it to me coz I know he works hard for it. I really don't tell to my husband if I'm already low.

Talk to your girl and tell her that you are not a rich man and you also budget your money there. If you really love her teach her how to budget and give importance in everything you work hard.

Have you met her?

When I met my husband, he is giving me a $200 every month until we got married and I have my child of my own and I really budget the money he is giving it to me coz I know he works hard for it. I really don't tell to my husband if I'm already low.

Talk to your girl and tell her that you are not a rich man and you also budget your money there. If you really love her teach her how to budget and give importance in everything you work hard.

Ooops! after we got married he increase his support. ;)

May 20, 2009 - I-130 sent

Aug. 21, 2009 - I-130 APPROVED

Sept. 01, 2009 - NVC received & case# assigned

Oct. 19, 2009 - Log-in FAILED (YEPEE!!!!)

Oct. 20, 2009 - Case COMPLETE!!! (confirmed by the NVC operator)

Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview Date assign(By NVC operator)

Nov. 16-17, 2009 - Medical PASSED

Dec. 04, 2009 - INTERVIEW(APPROVED!!!)

Dec. 08, 2009 - Visa pick-up at the Embassy

Dec. 16, 2009 - CFO

Dec. 19, 2009 - My Flight - POE (JFK New York) via NWA

Thank you Lord for guiding me in this journey.

rakl65w7x.png

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sorry to hear that.. Yes i agree u need to talk to ur fiancee when it comes to money..

300$ here is a lot.. its like 14,500 something

How old your fiancee if you don't mind??

and asking for more even though have asked her to budget money since I am sadly not a rich man - really?? maybe

she shopping a lot?? huh? LOL.. f

good luck., hope she will understand u.

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

Timeline
...I have asked her to breakdown expenses, and have only received guesstimates on expenses. Then when have gone into it further. She told me had paid for a birthday party and gifts also. She has no children. This is really causing pain at this point because do love her, but the lack of responsibility with money pains me. 300 dollars seems excessive in 14 days. I fear she has given her mother money to get involved in a networking scam over there. As well as giving money to everyone in the family. I really do not know for positive though, and it pains me to ponder these questions....

You give her 300 dollars a month and she won't tell you where it's all going? It pains me just reading your situation. Please cut your losses and run. You may love her but is the feeling really mutual? There are so many like you in the same situation there's even a web site dedicated to the subject.

http://www.dragonladies.org/

hey how did she live before she met u?

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.