Badgerella

Misc I-485 questions: Alien #, I-94 #, visa expiration, etc

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hello,

I'm pleased to say that, after hiccups, delays and two-month Additional Processing, I arrived, problem-free, in the US and we're now married and starting our lives together. We've applied for a social security # and expect it soon (in my married name) -- we somehow applied for the name change and social security number on the same day, which the guy at first wasn't sure would work but somehow (hopefully) did.

We're starting our AOS packet now, and I've run into a few questions that weren't answered in searches/references as much as I was satisfied with. I know that, for these things, it's better to ask and be sure than just take educated guesses. So here it goes:

#1: Do we apply for AOS in my married name, or my maiden name? -- There doesn't seem to be an area on the I-485 for Previous/Maiden Name, and not even for my parents' last names.

#2: Where can I find my Alien Number (A#)? (With Complications) -- It wasn't written on anywhere on back or front of the I-94, and it doesn't seem to be anywhere on the visa itself. I referenced the area on the NOA2 above my name (note: NOA2 has expired, would she still have same #?) and did find a number starting in A, but everyone said it should be eight digits. but this has nine, the first one being a zero. It's in this format: "A098 802 235" Is this the right number? If so, what should I put on the I-485, the entire thing above including the spaces and A, or just the numbers, or just the numbers without the first zero? The VisaJourney Example Forms have a compleeeetely different format (and should perhaps be updated).

#3: Where can I find my "I-94 #" and in what format should it be put on the form? -- On the upper-left corner of the I-94 it does say "Departure Number," under which is "672622209 35." But the last two digits are a different font and are slightly offset from the rest. Do I use all the numbers and the space, or how should I write it? The VisaJourney Example Forms have a compleeeetely different format (and should perhaps be updated).

#4: On the "Current USCIS Status" field, I put K-1 Holder. What do I put for the next field, "Expires On?" -- Here, do I write when the K-1 expires, or when the I-94 period expires, or... something else?

#5: I am told it's free to file AP and EAD along with AOS. Do I just, then, complete the full procedures for each of the other two forms and include them in the same AOS packet, or what is the easiest and most assured way?

EDIT: #6: On the G-325a "All Other Names Used," do I write my maiden name, or is it asking me if I have any aliases or...something?

Thanks again, and good luck to all of you filing for AOS!

Edited by Badgerella

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Hello,

I'm pleased to say that, after hiccups, delays and two-month Additional Processing, I arrived, problem-free, in the US and we're now married and starting our lives together. We've applied for a social security # and expect it soon (in my married name) -- we somehow applied for the name change and social security number on the same day, which the guy at first wasn't sure would work but somehow (hopefully) did.

We're starting our AOS packet now, and I've run into a few questions that weren't answered in searches/references as much as I was satisfied with. I know that, for these things, it's better to ask and be sure than just take educated guesses. So here it goes:

#1: Do we apply for AOS in my married name, or my maiden name? -- There doesn't seem to be an area on the I-485 for Previous/Maiden Name, and not even for my parents' last names.

#2: Where can I find my Alien Number (A#)? (With Complications) -- It wasn't written on anywhere on back or front of the I-94, and it doesn't seem to be anywhere on the visa itself. I referenced the area on the NOA2 above my name (note: NOA2 has expired, would she still have same #?) and did find a number starting in A, but everyone said it should be eight digits. but this has nine, the first one being a zero. It's in this format: "A098 802 235" Is this the right number? If so, what should I put on the I-485, the entire thing above including the spaces and A, or just the numbers, or just the numbers without the first zero? The VisaJourney Example Forms have a compleeeetely different format (and should perhaps be updated).

#3: Where can I find my "I-94 #" and in what format should it be put on the form? -- On the upper-left corner of the I-94 it does say "Departure Number," under which is "672622209 35." But the last two digits are a different font and are slightly offset from the rest. Do I use all the numbers and the space, or how should I write it? The VisaJourney Example Forms have a compleeeetely different format (and should perhaps be updated).

#4: On the "Current USCIS Status" field, I put K-1 Holder. What do I put for the next field, "Expires On?" -- Here, do I write when the K-1 expires, or when the I-94 period expires, or... something else?

#5: I am told it's free to file AP and EAD along with AOS. Do I just, then, complete the full procedures for each of the other two forms and include them in the same AOS packet, or what is the easiest and most assured way?

EDIT: #6: On the G-325a "All Other Names Used," do I write my maiden name, or is it asking me if I have any aliases or...something?

Thanks again, and good luck to all of you filing for AOS!

#1...put ur married name for the AOS as this will be on your green card

#2... its the red number called annotation number starting with the letter A it should be on your visa on the left hand bottom side near your photo.

#3...I-194 is the departure number on the white card up on the top left

#4...i put as my visa status K1

#5...apply for the EAD & AP when you do the AOS as its already in the amount your paying $1010

#6... put ur maiden name and/or any other names you have used throughout your life

hope this helps

Annie

K1

see my timeline for K1

Applied for SSN : 2009-05-07

Received SSN : 2009-05-11 (maiden Name)

Marriage : 2009-06-27

AOS

Filed: 2009-07-20

Delivered : 2009-07-22 Signed by - R MERCADO.

NOA's dated : 2009-07-27

received NOA's : 2009-07-31

touched : 2009-07-30 for EAD, I-485 and AP

Bio Appointment : 2009-08-21

touched: AOS case moved to California 2009-09-09

EAD Card Ordered : 2009-09-17

AP Approved: 2009-09-17

AP Received: 2009-09-24

EAD Card Received: 2009-09-24

Case transfered again, back to the NBC we go 2009-10-13

Woohooo got my drivers license today 2009-10-13

2009-11-05 Went to change my SSN to my married name but was told it wasnt in the system yet i receive mail from USCIS in my married name

April 15th 2010, received email that my green card is on its way woohooo!!!

April 23rd 2010 received my greencard today

ezub3hz.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Thanks for your help, but I don't quite understand your answers to questions #4 and #6.

#4 is about an expiration date and I still have no idea which one I should use. Did you mean you used your K-1 expiration date?

#6 is, then, referring to my.. old names? Because I do not use any other than my new name...

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Thanks for your help, but I don't quite understand your answers to questions #4 and #6.

#4 is about an expiration date and I still have no idea which one I should use. Did you mean you used your K-1 expiration date?

#6 is, then, referring to my.. old names? Because I do not use any other than my new name...

HI

#4....your K1 is what you put and it expires 90 days after landing in the USA

#6.... you put your married name on you papers because thats what they will use to put on your greencard, therefore your old name/aliases is your maiden name....unless you want your greencard in your maiden name!!

K1

see my timeline for K1

Applied for SSN : 2009-05-07

Received SSN : 2009-05-11 (maiden Name)

Marriage : 2009-06-27

AOS

Filed: 2009-07-20

Delivered : 2009-07-22 Signed by - R MERCADO.

NOA's dated : 2009-07-27

received NOA's : 2009-07-31

touched : 2009-07-30 for EAD, I-485 and AP

Bio Appointment : 2009-08-21

touched: AOS case moved to California 2009-09-09

EAD Card Ordered : 2009-09-17

AP Approved: 2009-09-17

AP Received: 2009-09-24

EAD Card Received: 2009-09-24

Case transfered again, back to the NBC we go 2009-10-13

Woohooo got my drivers license today 2009-10-13

2009-11-05 Went to change my SSN to my married name but was told it wasnt in the system yet i receive mail from USCIS in my married name

April 15th 2010, received email that my green card is on its way woohooo!!!

April 23rd 2010 received my greencard today

ezub3hz.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.