that's how long i've been waiting

they say between 1 - 4 weeks

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

How long will it take National Visa Centre to receive my petition from California Service Centre?

Running time is about 2 weeks to get your case number form NVC.

Check out the 2 threads of NVC there is August NVC thread and a September NVC thread, both excellent with great people in both!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

I seriously hope that comment wasn't serious LOL! After waiting 74 days, come on, give me a break.

Edited by hindocha

Best of Luck. Best wishes. Thank you.

I seriously hope that comment wasn't serious LOL! After waiting 74 days, come on, give me a break.

It will take almost 2 weeks to get your case number if your doing the CR-1 now if your sticking with the K3, it will be at NVC long enough for a case number then they send it to the embassy.

Which visa are you following, K3? or the CR-1????

Truly happy!!!

Well the I-129f hasn't been approved yet. What's the complexity delays in both Visa's? Why does CR-1 take longer to process through at the NVC than K3?

Also, If I stick with CR-1 then I get EAD straight away, or don't need one as I can use the stamp on my passport as eligability to work in USA?

If I stick with K3 then I can go to US but, will have to wait 4 week before I get EAD?

So if CR-1 generally 2 weeks long to process than K3, won't this have a knock on effect on my Interview date?

I really want to get to USA ASAP. But why does CR-1 take longer at NVC?

Well the I-129f hasn't been approved yet. What's the complexity delays in both Visa's? Why does CR-1 take longer to process through at the NVC than K3?

Also, If I stick with CR-1 then I get EAD straight away, or don't need one as I can use the stamp on my passport as eligability to work in USA?

If I stick with K3 then I can go to US but, will have to wait 4 week before I get EAD?

So if CR-1 generally 2 weeks long to process than K3, won't this have a knock on effect on my Interview date?

If I-129F not approved yet, then it wont be approved.

CR-1 is the better visa, better benefits, and your done with USCIS for 2 years.

You can get thru NVC fast, read the guides and have your papers in order for the AOS packet and the IV packet.

Here print this out, read it this will help a lot for your trip thru NVC

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/...he_NVC_ShortCut

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Please read the guides.

But a short answer to your question: Because all the documents you would bring to the embassy with the K3 are sent to NVC instead with the CR1. However, with the CR1, the minute you come to the US, you're a permanent resident. There is not AOS/EAD/AP.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Yes, but why does CR-1 take long to process at the NVC, why don't they just touch it, assigning a case number and pass it on to the embassy of the country? Also, do I have to complete a medical first, send the results to NVC, wait for them to look at hte result and then they send me a interview date?

Please read the guides.

But a short answer to your question: Because all the documents you would bring to the embassy with the K3 are sent to NVC instead with the CR1. However, with the CR1, the minute you come to the US, you're a permanent resident. There is not AOS/EAD/AP.

Going down the CR-1 route means delay in getting to your loved one. 2 weeks extra, that will have a knock on effect for the interview and medical

Yes, but why does CR-1 take long to process at the NVC, why don't they just touch it, assigning a case number and pass it on to the embassy of the country? Also, do I have to complete a medical first, send the results to NVC, wait for them to look at hte result and then they send me a interview date?

Please read the guides.

Going down the CR-1 route means delay in getting to your loved one. 2 weeks extra, that will have a knock on effect for the interview and medical

No you do the medical just before the interview. NVC has nothing to do with your medical results.

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.