nateykasia

Recent Grad and I-134 Evidence

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hello All,

My Fiance just received her package from the Polish Embassy, and I'm ready to submit my Affidavit of Support I-134. The only problem is I was a student all of last year, and only graduated this past December. I was fortunate enough to have two internships last year, the last of which is with the company I currently work for, full time.

My financial situation is as follows: I make $49,300 before taxes and have roughly $1,000 in my checking account. My adjusted gross income was $7,091 last year, so I'm nervous that I may need to have a sponsor. I'd like to know what everyone thinks about (1) needing a sponsor, and (2) what I should submit in my I-134 package.

Thanks everyone in advance!

Edited by nprlwtz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Current, ongoing income is the most important. Being a recent grad and now employed full time your situation is typical.

Submit recent paystubs and an employer letter.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

I'm in a very similar situation and am really torn on what to do also. I really don't want to ask for a co-sponsor since I make enough money now, but at the same time, I don't want to jeopardize our chances. There is not a lot of information on here about the Embassy in Dhaka, Bangladesh from other members.

I'd really appreciate to hear from anyone else who had their interview and faced a similar situation.

Edited by ilovebangladesh

08/24/2010: APPROVED! VISA IN HAND! :) (AP lasted exactly 2 months)

08/28/2010: Entry to USA at JFK.

09/17/2010: We're married!!! :)

11/22/2010: AOS filed (I-485, I-765, I-313)

11/30/2010: Received NOA1

12/16/2010: Biometrics Appointment

02/07/2011: EAD Approved

02/15/2011: Received AOS Appointment date

02/16/2011: Received AP document!

02/17/2011: Received EAD!

03/18/2011: AOS appointment (Cleveland Office)

03/23/2011: Received Approval Notice

03/31/2011: Received Green Card! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello All,

My Fiance just received her package from the Polish Embassy, and I'm ready to submit my Affidavit of Support I-134. The only problem is I was a student all of last year, and only graduated this past December. I was fortunate enough to have two internships last year, the last of which is with the company I currently work for, full time.

My financial situation is as follows: I make $49,300 before taxes and have roughly $1,000 in my checking account. My adjusted gross income was $7,091 last year, so I'm nervous that I may need to have a sponsor. I'd like to know what everyone thinks about (1) needing a sponsor, and (2) what I should submit in my I-134 package.

Current income is most important. Worry not. Submit your current income, check stubs and employment letter verifying your work status and last year's tax return. You look golden!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Anh and Gary,

Thank you both for the responses; I will not be applying with a co-sponsor. I have two (hopefully painless!) follow-up questions:

First, I appreciate your help Gary and would like to get a better understanding of your recommendation to submit a copy of last years tax return. My fear is that it will give unwanted attention to what I'm earning this year compared to last. Please help a worrisome newcomer put his confusion to rest ;)

And finally, is it generally approved to include only my annual income under Question 7? My assumption is that if I include other figures (e.g. on deposit in savings, personal property, etc.) it will require more evidence than what I plan to submit: letter of employment, previous 5 months of pay-stubs, and '08 tax return.

As before, all comments and suggestions are much appreciated!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
Hello All,

You may have already read what is here but basically I went by the information I got from those links below:

Info from Warsaw about fiancee visa

Info about I-134 on VJ

Good luck!

Edited by TexPol

AOS Phase

January 11, 2010: - Mailed AOS packet (I-485/ I-765/ I-131)

January 13, 2010: - Chicago received AOS packet

January 19, 2010: - Received 3 NOA email

January 20, 2010: - Check cashed[/color]

January 22, 2010: - Received 3 NOA hardcopies in the mail1st touch I-485, I-765 & I-131

February 01, 2010: - Touch - I-765 (EAD)

February 08, 2010: - Touch - I-485

February 08, 2010: - Case moved to CSC

February 13, 2010: - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter (After a long wait!)

February 15, 2010: - Touch - I-485 & received e-mail that case is now pending

March 09, 2010: - Biometrics completed, Touch - I-765 (EAD)

March 10, 2010: - Touch - I-485 & Another Touch - I-765 (EAD)

March 17, 2010: - EAD Card Production, Touch - I-131 (AP) & I-1765 (EAD)

March 19, 2010: - Touch - I-485 & Another Touch - I-765 (EAD)

March 19, 2010: - Received AP in mail

March 25, 2010: - Received EAD in mail

April 02,14,15, and 21 2010: - Touch - I-485

April 21, 2010: - Green Card Production ordered!, Welcome letter/NOA April 24

April 29, 2010: - FINALLY!!!! Received Green Card in hand!

Group Spreadsheet

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you qualify with income the rest isn't needed. Now if income barely qualifies then you may want to include additional evidence. You've stated income of approx. $50K, so I would not bother with the assets.

Sending last year's tax return is more or less routine. The focus is on current and continuing income.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Anh and Gary,

Thank you both for the responses; I will not be applying with a co-sponsor. I have two (hopefully painless!) follow-up questions:

First, I appreciate your help Gary and would like to get a better understanding of your recommendation to submit a copy of last years tax return. My fear is that it will give unwanted attention to what I'm earning this year compared to last. Please help a worrisome newcomer put his confusion to rest ;)

And finally, is it generally approved to include only my annual income under Question 7? My assumption is that if I include other figures (e.g. on deposit in savings, personal property, etc.) it will require more evidence than what I plan to submit: letter of employment, previous 5 months of pay-stubs, and '08 tax return.

As before, all comments and suggestions are much appreciated!

You will likely be required to submit last years tax return. It is not a problem. You do not have to qualify THIS year with LAST years income. It is not a problem at all. Your current income is well above the guidelines. You will not have to submit any other information. Document your current income. You have nothing to fear. You were a student and now have used your education to secure a good job. Nothing to be ashamed of. I would judge your fiancee to be in very good hands.

what you plan to submit sounds great. I would highly doubt you need a co-sponsor but if you want to it hurts nothing. Were I in your exact situation I would submit exactly the same and not even consider a co-sponsor

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.