Ron/Sharon

Guess what, they want everything back

54 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
BTW if anyone can explain what OP5 means after receiving the other email from OP6, it would be appreciated (assuming that we clearly missing something here).

It's a case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing.

They both may have recieved the same message but OP6 is new and doesn't know the length of time it takes to put the package together and assumed it was done and going out, and OP5 may be more experienced and knows when that message is recieved her is a time lapse for everything is ready to go.

To my thinking the issuance of the visa means that they have the document, they must marry it with the passport, then pull your file then the documents to be inserted in the brown do not open envelope and do so then mail everything to you.

Thanks - I think you may be right about the getting all the papers together thing taking time - meanwhile we had had told my daughter's school that we won't be coming in this week. Guess where she is back today :).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Here is the latest from Montreal:

we apologize for the miscommunication of events. We were not able to issue your visa due to required further administrative work. As soon as it is complete we will review the file and advise you when the visa can be issued.

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and regret any inconvenience this may have caused.

Regards,

OP5

Has anyone had this happened after interview where you had to sent in additional paperwork (i.e. evidence of domicile)?

Timeline

That's weird INK, I haven't seen this with evidence of domicile being submitted - however it's kind of a new thing around here, we haven't had that many DCF Canada people until now.

I would write them back and ask them to clarify - that extra admin work might just be reviewing your file - ie: looking at the additional domicile info.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline
That's weird INK, I haven't seen this with evidence of domicile being submitted - however it's kind of a new thing around here, we haven't had that many DCF Canada people until now.

I would write them back and ask them to clarify - that extra admin work might just be reviewing your file - ie: looking at the additional domicile info.

Agreed - we were thrying to find that out but you know they don't really share much on their internal processes. It is weird as I have seen a few people submitting evidence for domicile, but never extra admin work. You may be right that it is nothing more than just looking at the file...guess we'll just have to wait this out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Agreed - we were thrying to find that out but you know they don't really share much on their internal processes. It is weird as I have seen a few people submitting evidence for domicile, but never extra admin work. You may be right that it is nothing more than just looking at the file...guess we'll just have to wait this out.

I hope you finally get an answer that will make sense to you.

A little side note; OP5 seems to be growing a heart, I have never seen the word apologize in any communication from any consulate employee. This may be a new beginning.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

Timeline

I hope you finally get an answer that will make sense to you.

A little side note; OP5 seems to be growing a heart, I have never seen the word apologize in any communication from any consulate employee. This may be a new beginning.

You crack me up Ron, but you are right - it was a pleasant surprise. I just hope it is followed by a meaningful action i.e. issuing of visa.

Now he did not use the term administrative processing or review that tends to have negative conotation to it - do you think that's what it is though?

Timeline

I hope you get the visa soon because you're the competition, I trying for a record here and the trouble is I have no clue as to who the holder of the title of longest at the Montreal Consulate is, I have as of today 1117 days and going strong but coming to the end.

When two people contradict each other as OP4 and OP5 did, you can bet that one OP4 is new and assumes that since the visa is approved it is on its way and you should be advised; OP5 definitely knows the process better and knows that even though the visa is ready to go there is still a little work to be done and no way would I am sure advise anyone that there visa is on its way. Keep an eye on the mailman, I'm damn sure that this coming week is all yours. Like the Blackeyed Peas say "I've got a feeling".

Question; Who is HE? OP5, I thought he was a SHE!

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

Timeline
I hope you get the visa soon because you're the competition, I trying for a record here and the trouble is I have no clue as to who the holder of the title of longest at the Montreal Consulate is, I have as of today 1117 days and going strong but coming to the end.

When two people contradict each other as OP4 and OP5 did, you can bet that one OP4 is new and assumes that since the visa is approved it is on its way and you should be advised; OP5 definitely knows the process better and knows that even though the visa is ready to go there is still a little work to be done and no way would I am sure advise anyone that there visa is on its way. Keep an eye on the mailman, I'm damn sure that this coming week is all yours. Like the Blackeyed Peas say "I've got a feeling".

I hope you are right - you defintely have the record, I'm no where close on # of days. From what I read, you should get your visa very soon as well.

Sorry I have no way of knowing if it's a he or she - I just used the oldest politically incorrect way to describe a person.

Timeline

[/size]

I hope you are right - you defintely have the record, I'm no where close on # of days. From what I read, you should get your visa very soon as well.

Sorry I have no way of knowing if it's a he or she - I just used the oldest politically incorrect way to describe a person.

It doesn't really matter if he's a he or she's a she, what matters is they they keep thosse finger working and supply us with the answers we are looking for.

Having a record is just something someone else wants normally, but this one, our personal record I hope no-one ever get to claim the title it is not one to celebrate.

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.