lizandpat

February 09 - VSC, K-1 filings

5,058 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Igor, i dont have any beer in the fridge... post one for me :D

Here is a story behind it...

Natalia has already landed in Moscow while I was still sitting/sleeping in Prague's airport at 4:30am waiting for my flight at 5:20am. I was all alone, emotionally drained... We just parted ways for nobody knows how long. I lift my head up and I see a woman opening one of those big metal shades and yawning. Wooohooo, duty free here I come... My inner sould was craving for something dark and strong... Krusovice was the only thing I found there. I happily shelled out 5 Euros and grabbed 2. You had to see the look on the faces of passengers who were waiting for that flight to Frankfurt...

Full year and 14 days later we have an interview at US Embassy in Moscow...

478.jpg

Chit, I'm going to get me some beer now!

Edited by IgorK

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Igor, i dont have any beer in the fridge... post one for me :D

Here is a story behind it...

Natalia has already landed in Moscow while I was still sitting/sleeping in Prague's airport at 4:30am waiting for my flight at 5:20am. I was all alone, emotionally drained... We just parted ways for nobody knows how long. I lift my head up and I see a woman opening one of those big metal shades and yawning. Wooohooo, duty free here I come... My inner sould was craving for something dark and strong... Krusovice was the only thing I found there. I happily shelled out 5 Euros and grabbed 2. You had to see the look on the faces of passengers who were waiting for that flight to Frankfurt...

Full year and 14 days later we have an interview at US Embassy in Moscow...

478.jpg

Chit, I'm going to get me some beer now!

What goes better with a beer than a story? nuffin!! thanks buddy

mojito.gif

Mojitos for ALL

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Good morning everyone. I am already having a terrible day. I woke up thinking that today was friday and had that thought all the way until I arrived at work. I have now had my dreams crushed. Hopefully I can pull myself out of my rut.

Lee.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Good morning everyone. I am already having a terrible day. I woke up thinking that today was friday and had that thought all the way until I arrived at work. I have now had my dreams crushed. Hopefully I can pull myself out of my rut.

Oh nooooo..I hate when this happens!! Sorry your day isn't starting out as good as you would like!!

Morning everyone!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Well if it makes u feel any better is MY friday lol :whistle:

Timeline
I started off to work this morning and my daughter vomited all over herself and the car. I almost did to when I tried to clean it up.

Awww..poor kiddo! Is she ok now?

Btw...just talked to a customer service person at the Social Security Administration office...I need to get a replacement card for Jessie and while I had them on the phone I asked about Pat getting one. The lady I talked to told me something I found interesting. She stated that the official ruling is that he should be able to get a card with his Passport, Visa, I-94 and birth certificate. I mentioned that I knew people who were told they couldn't get one until they had either their EAD or the GC....she said that even though the "official" rules say they can get one before, it's actually up to the LOCAL OFFICE to decide if they want to issue one or not! Now tell me....how utterly stupid is that???? Sooooo, Pat is going to try tomorrow to apply for one...we'll see what they tell him!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline
I started off to work this morning and my daughter vomited all over herself and the car. I almost did to when I tried to clean it up.

Btw...just talked to a customer service person at the Social Security Administration office...I need to get a replacement card for Jessie and while I had them on the phone I asked about Pat getting one. The lady I talked to told me something I found interesting. She stated that the official ruling is that he should be able to get a card with his Passport, Visa, I-94 and birth certificate. I mentioned that I knew people who were told they couldn't get one until they had either their EAD or the GC....she said that even though the "official" rules say they can get one before, it's actually up to the LOCAL OFFICE to decide if they want to issue one or not! Now tell me....how utterly stupid is that???? Sooooo, Pat is going to try tomorrow to apply for one...we'll see what they tell him!

Thanks for sharing Liz, as per K1 Vj guidelines the first step is to obtain a SSI card

Timeline

Thanks for sharing Liz, as per K1 Vj guidelines the first step is to obtain a SSI card

I know...but I think it's totally not fair that each of the local offices isn't required to follow the guidelines set up by the Social Security Administration. To me that just means someone could be feeling lazy and not want to go through the steps to issue a card if they don't want to.

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Yes she is fine. She is on a light diet today and at home with Maria.

As for SSN, the guidelines here do say get the SSN first. But I was told by several others, here in VJ, the way they did theirs and when I followed what they did it failed for me.

They got the SSN and changed the names at the same time.

Timeline

As for SSN, the guidelines here do say get the SSN first. But I was told by several others, here in VJ, the way they did theirs and when I followed what they did it failed for me.

Yeah, I've seen people on here getting them with no problems where others are told they have to wait. Pat is going to try and if they won't issue it tomorrow we'll go back after he gets his EAD.

Glad Kaylin is ok!!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

Yeah, I've seen people on here getting them with no problems where others are told they have to wait. Pat is going to try and if they won't issue it tomorrow we'll go back after he gets his EAD.

Glad Kaylin is ok!!

WHATS EAD?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.