zethris

Everyone has recieved their RFE's?? I haven't what gives?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I can't seem to find that post that had the number and path through the phone tree to get to the VSC. I just recieved an e-mail from the Manila Embasy (a full month and a half after I even asked) that they had sent it to the VSC via the NVC, but I haven't heard anything from the VSC or the NVC. I need to try to at least confirm the physicall location of where my case is. Maybe raise an awareness that i am one of few who seems to have fallen through the cracks here.

Yeah, I sent them an email and they claim I must deal with Manila. Then Manila emails me and says I must deal with the NVC. Then then the USCIS says that the NVC has nothing to do with my case now and they will not enter it into there computer system that they ever touched my Petition. I have comfirmed that with the NVC on the phone, they claim they don't retain any info at all.

I can't seem to find that post that had the number and path through the phone tree to get to the VSC. I just recieved an e-mail from the Manila Embasy (a full month and a half after I even asked) that they had sent it to the VSC via the NVC, but I haven't heard anything from the VSC or the NVC. I need to try to at least confirm the physicall location of where my case is. Maybe raise an awareness that i am one of few who seems to have fallen through the cracks here.

Yeah, I sent them an email and they claim I must deal with Manila. Then Manila emails me and says I must deal with the NVC. Then then the USCIS says that the NVC has nothing to do with my case now and they will not enter it into there computer system that they ever touched my Petition. I have comfirmed that with the NVC on the phone, they claim they don't retain any info at all.

They really don't, the NVC is kind of like a clearing house or checkpoint before our applications go abroad. Other than the record that it was sent, and where, they don't have anything else to record. It's an unfortunate buffer because most embasies think that you have to contact the NVC because that is who they deal with. They don't deal with the service centers. And the NVC is lacking valuable information that both we, and the embasy could use.

Edited by zethris

Meh, nothing to see here.

Timeline

I just hope we are allowed to expedite our cases in Manila because of the extended wait. They are taking 4 to 6 months for an interview lately I have heard. Im gonna have my Congressman write a letter asking for the expedition of the Petition once all of this reprocessing B.S. is through.

I just hope we are allowed to expedite our cases in Manila because of the extended wait. They are taking 4 to 6 months for an interview lately I have heard. Im gonna have my Congressman write a letter asking for the expedition of the Petition once all of this reprocessing B.S. is through.

I don't know if it matters, but the listed appointments that manila updates once a month have already passed my MNL case number. So I suspect I should have been setup for Aug 23rd or so had IMBRA not taken effect.

Timeline

I don't know if it matters, but the listed appointments that manila updates once a month have already passed my MNL case number. So I suspect I should have been setup for Aug 23rd or so had IMBRA not taken effect.

Yeah, I did the same thing. My # would have been for Aug 22nd. I plan to go to the interview with my Fiance when we are finally rescheduled. If the process by # we should be 1st when they give new appointments. Maybe we will rub elbows in Manila if you go too. lol. :yes:

Yeah, I did the same thing. My # would have been for Aug 22nd. I plan to go to the interview with my Fiance when we are finally rescheduled. If the process by # we should be 1st when they give new appointments. Maybe we will rub elbows in Manila if you go too. lol. :yes:

Maybe so. The plan is to go there because she's not flown in a plane before and would like to be with me on the flight here. But I might not if the pocketbook says noooooo!

Timeline

Maybe so. The plan is to go there because she's not flown in a plane before and would like to be with me on the flight here. But I might not if the pocketbook says noooooo!

Well $ wise im in the same boat but.... Im affraid after going thru all of this trouble that being there will make sure my Fiance wont get refused. So Im gonna Find the $ lol :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I can't seem to find that post that had the number and path through the phone tree to get to the VSC. I just barely (like 2 seconds ago) recieved an e-mail from the Manila Embasy (a full month and a half after I even asked) that they had sent it to the VSC via the NVC, but I haven't heard anything from the VSC or the NVC. I need to try to at least confirm the physicall location of where my case is. Maybe raise an awareness that i am one of few who seems to have fallen through the cracks here.

So it's actually the very first thing I even officialy heard about my being recalled at least.

Here's what you were looking for. However, they aren't very hepful down there in terms of giving specific info. You could try though.

1-800-375-5283

press 1 pause 2 pause 6 pause 1

Enter Receipt #

press 3 pause 2 pause 1

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

I can't seem to find that post that had the number and path through the phone tree to get to the VSC. I just barely (like 2 seconds ago) recieved an e-mail from the Manila Embasy (a full month and a half after I even asked) that they had sent it to the VSC via the NVC, but I haven't heard anything from the VSC or the NVC. I need to try to at least confirm the physicall location of where my case is. Maybe raise an awareness that i am one of few who seems to have fallen through the cracks here.

So it's actually the very first thing I even officialy heard about my being recalled at least.

Here's what you were looking for. However, they aren't very hepful down there in terms of giving specific info. You could try though.

1-800-375-5283

Enter Receipt #

press 3 pause 2 pause 1

Thanks for the info. I have been without internet for about 3 weeks, so I was kind of out of touch with things and I remember seeing a post before with that information. I just couldn't find it.

Is that the EAC number? or the embasy recipt number?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

1-800-375-5283

Enter Receipt #

press 3 pause 2 pause 1

Thanks for the info. I have been without internet for about 3 weeks, so I was kind of out of touch with things and I remember seeing a post before with that information. I just couldn't find it.

Is that the EAC number? or the embasy recipt number?

The receipt (EAC) number. The embassy number is only used by the embassy, I guess.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Zethris, I thought you were looking for the NVC phone number. The USCIS phone number is the only place to get any info, I figuired you knew that. Let us know what they tell you.

Timeline

I'm in the same boat.......got the same stupid letter! IT killed me to finally see something in the mail and find out it was so inconsequential. I also got a letter from the VSC about an inquiry I made because every time I called I got conflicting information, nobody knew if my petition was actually there or not. They sent me a letter saying they hadn't received it from the NVC yet. I called the NVC got confirmation that they actually mailed it back to the VSC on June 28. Most likely it it there at the VSC but it's sitting in a pile waiting to be touched an eventually reunited with our "A-file". Have been told that only then will an update be posted to the USCIS website and an RFE sent out.

What kills me is that it's apparent that new petitions are flying through the process in addition to petitions that were never sent off to an Embassy and we unfortunate souls who WERE ALREADY APPROVED have to wait and wait for someone to get off their ###. The only backlog they have is getting to the returned petitions which should be getting preferential treatment. :angry:

Sent AOS/EAD: March 30, 2007

Receipt Date: April 1st, 2007

NOA: April 6, 2007

Biometrics: April 30, 2007

Transferred to CSC: May 8, 2007

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.