Y's_habibitk

MENA CR1/K3/K1 visas PART2

987 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Four day my peeps! I am so excited!! We are all set, but they still can't find our case, argh! :wacko:

Somethings going on in Cairo....long interview dates...missing files.... :whistle:

They are idiots there, seriously! I sent an email asking where in the world could the file could be and if the delay in "finding" the file was because of a backlog. They reponded calling me SIR, telling me that we have an interview on November 16th @ 9am.....NO SH!T SHERLOCK!!!!! I am not gonna worry about this though, it's all in God's hands.

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Four day my peeps! I am so excited!! We are all set, but they still can't find our case, argh! :wacko:

Somethings going on in Cairo....long interview dates...missing files.... :whistle:

They are idiots there, seriously! I sent an email asking where in the world could the file could be and if the delay in "finding" the file was because of a backlog. They reponded calling me SIR, telling me that we have an interview on November 16th @ 9am.....NO SH!T SHERLOCK!!!!! I am not gonna worry about this though, it's all in God's hands.

Yeah..i know what u mean....i remember back in June when we had just file the petition...all they ever said in their email was "case under AP" :wacko: even though we had only filed the petition....i just noticed on their website that there's a new consul general...think that might make a difference??? :unsure:

6-22-09 - Filed petition at embassy in Cairo

8-12-09 - Contacted DOS for info on petition...found out petition is filed incorrectly...

8-12-09 - Tried contacting embassy with new info...no response for 3 days..

8-15-09 - Made appt to resubmit petition on 8-17

8-17-09 - CO at embassy informed us that correction was made and petition sent to Athens for approval.

8-26-09 - Petition approved by Athens USCIS

8-28-09 - Petition mailed to Cairo by Dipl. Pouch via Washington DC.

9-29-09 - Petition arrive at Cairo....

10-12-09 - Package 3 arrived and also sent back same day...

11-10-09 - Package 4 arrived

12-22-09 - Interview date - APPROVED

12-23-09 - DOS says Visa Issued

12-30-09 - Visa in hand

12-31-09 - Enshallah arrive back home :)

Beth, I don't mean to be blunt but have you thought about worst-case scenarios? What if the consulate does issue the visa to him, and he doesn't contact you? Given that you have no indication that he's picked up his passport....he may intend to leave it there until and if the visa is issued. As has been stated...he cannot withdraw the petition, only you can do that...and if you do not signal to the consulate that you no longer wish to have the visa issued,....they will do so when AP is over. What then? A recipient of an IR/CR visa is technically free to enter the US, and does not have to go to the sponsoring spouse...in fact they can change their address at POE and have the green-card be mailed to a completely different address than the USC's. I've seen it happen before. In fact, I believe there was a recent thread here on VJ with a similar case. I know that such a thing is an absolute worst case situation...but I do want to put it out there for you to think about.

OMG!!!! I had totally forgotten about that - but it does happen. Beth, girl, I'd call the embassy immediately and find out if they did issue the visa. You might be up sh!t's creek without a paddle if he comes to the US and you're on the hook with the I-864. :blink::blink::blink:

No visa issued, got email from Paris today, Im cancelling peitition, he showed his true face to me today. Would not speak to me on yahoo IM, so filing divorce, sending to France and Algerian, and also Algerina consulate in Paris, he is there illegally, and will explain whole situation maybe then can help me. All I asked for was him to sign the papers, nothing else, so easy to sign and walk away, but he is spiteful. I tried to be a nice girl as always, make things so friggin easy for him, so now I have to protect myself and do this. I hope one day he stands in front of Allah for all of this. You dont do this to a good person!!

F**k it !! Let him stay in France illegal, with the ####### he put me through, some I never posted, he is a two timer, who used me plain and simple.

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Beth, I don't mean to be blunt but have you thought about worst-case scenarios? What if the consulate does issue the visa to him, and he doesn't contact you? Given that you have no indication that he's picked up his passport....he may intend to leave it there until and if the visa is issued. As has been stated...he cannot withdraw the petition, only you can do that...and if you do not signal to the consulate that you no longer wish to have the visa issued,....they will do so when AP is over. What then? A recipient of an IR/CR visa is technically free to enter the US, and does not have to go to the sponsoring spouse...in fact they can change their address at POE and have the green-card be mailed to a completely different address than the USC's. I've seen it happen before. In fact, I believe there was a recent thread here on VJ with a similar case. I know that such a thing is an absolute worst case situation...but I do want to put it out there for you to think about.

OMG!!!! I had totally forgotten about that - but it does happen. Beth, girl, I'd call the embassy immediately and find out if they did issue the visa. You might be up sh!t's creek without a paddle if he comes to the US and you're on the hook with the I-864. :blink::blink::blink:

No visa issued, got email from Paris today, Im cancelling peitition, he showed his true face to me today. Would not speak to me on yahoo IM, so filing divorce, sending to France and Algerian, and also Algerina consulate in Paris, he is there illegally, and will explain whole situation maybe then can help me. All I asked for was him to sign the papers, nothing else, so easy to sign and walk away, but he is spiteful. I tried to be a nice girl as always, make things so friggin easy for him, so now I have to protect myself and do this. I hope one day he stands in front of Allah for all of this. You dont do this to a good person!!

F**k it !! Let him stay in France illegal, with the ####### he put me through, some I never posted, he is a two timer, who used me plain and simple.

Beth honey I'm so sorry this happened. I just sent you an email. (F)(F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Beth, he can't cancel the visa process...only you can do that. Yes, he probably did go and pick up his passport or otherwise he would not be legal there. Don't worry about what he is or isn't doing.

You have to start worrying about you and what your future plans will be! If you think it's over, then it's over. If you think there is a chance of renewing your possible future together then I wish you the very best of luck.

Take care sweetie.

THANK YOU, I did not think he could cancel it alone. I will contact the embassy tomorrow, for I believe they are honoring Veternas Day over there today, and probley why they did not respond to my email this am.

IN the meantime, I would compose a letter, referencing the original USCIS petition and NVC# and indicating that you want to withdraw your sponsorship. Sign it, get it notarized, and fax the letter to the consulate, DOS, NVC, USCIS everyone. That way, you make sure that there's no chance this fall through the cracks and he is somehow issued a visa (w/ you sponsorship attached to it) if you are truly convinced its over.

Lots going through my mind, but yes will handle it as your wrote.

Ive been thinking, I think the embassy told him to pick up his passport if they would not overnight it to him as instructed, Im wondering if something was said to him. When I called Dept of State for a update, there was none, so I dont think he withdrew it, none of this changes for what has happended or the behavior involved with him not speaking to me.

Im leaving him alone and see if he contacts me, all in all, I must go forward, I need time to cool off also.

Beth,

Several people had already said he can't withdraw it - only you can as the petitioner. He cannot as the beneficiary. Even if something was said to him, the right thing would have been for him to talk to you about whatever was said to him. What are you imagining could have been said to him?

Im not sure if something was said, or what it may of been. But there was a instance about 2 years ago, a clerk at embassy told him, "just cause your marring her dont mean you get a visa handed to you". He also commented, She is older then you.

When he told me what happened, I called Dept of State, the clerk was way out of line, and embassy called me to apolgize, etc. I keep obsessing, and its wrong, Im just so tired, and now so friggin confused after 3 years together.

Sorry for my rambling folks.

Thank you for your post, its done, cancelling case, visa was NOT issued nor will be ever as me as a Sponsor or anything else. Too many things found out today, and to add to his behavior, he cheated on me, You dont do that to one you claim you love with all your heart. Im done, a nice girl got her heart ripped out, cheated on, and used.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Beth - sister, just say, "There is a God and he loves me!" You just went on the very best weight loss program ever - who knew you could drop 165 lbs in a week!?! Actually, I'm not joking...you are blessed. You have been given a wonderful gift. It's wonderful you found all this out before he came here - or before they granted him a visa. Do you know the grief you were spared?

Please, take time for you - get past the hurt and anger - move onto joy. There is nothing wrong with being a single female. Enjoy it! (F)

ETA - Girl, I know this won't take 2 days - but you will move on someday.

(L), Staashi

Edited by Staashi

Beth - sister, just say, "There is a God and he loves me!" You just went on the very best weight loss program ever - who knew you could drop 165 lbs in a week!?! Actually, I'm not joking...you are blessed. You have been given a wonderful gift. Please, take time for you - get past the hurt and anger and move onto joy. There is nothing wrong with being a single female. Enjoy it! (F)

:thumbs: Couldn't agree more! :thumbs:

He sounds like a narcissistic jerk; you're blessed to be without him.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sorry as well Beth. You are a sweetheart and deserve much better. What he has done to you is horribly wrong. Bad things happen sometimes. Consider it a lesson learned and don't allow any man to do this to you again. (F)

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Hope those waitin hear good news soon.

.....Flower, pass da Bebsi

Jax (F)

Wow, only one more month Jackie!! :dance: :dance:

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey ladies!

We're currently waiting for an interview date from Cairo.. We would like the interview to be either early December or middle or late January since we both really like that John attends the interview with me.. We are thinking that if we get a date that John can't make it here to be with me on at the interview, we are going to reschedule... So I wanted to ask.. Is rescheduling the interview going to raise any kind of red flag? How to do it.. Just email the embassy and tell the the date(s) we would like the interview to be on and see if it's available? Do we have to state the reasons why we would like to reschedule our interview (in case we reschedule)? Should I get any kind of statement from them first that they will allow my fiance to attend the interview with me?

Also, in case we decide that I attend the interview by myself (which most likely won't happen) should I inform them that my fiance is coming to Cairo right after my interview to fly back together..?

I would really like your opinions about this.. Has any of you rescheduled their interviews or attended the interview with their SO? How did it go?

Edited by Aya&John

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Hi my MENA Ladies!

Jackie...sooooooo excited for you!

Lisa...how are you?

Kenza...how are things going?

Sharifah...wow..so close for you! I pray God blesses you & your husband and we hear great news!

Aya...in my own personal opinion, I wouldn't try to reschedule an interview date since sometimes that could make the wait even longer!

Beth...honey, my prayers are with you. My only advice to you would be, don't let this situation make you cold. The last relationship I was in really made me hard & cold and I see now sometimes the effects of that...I have this anger that I have to work through and let go. It is hard now for me to let someone in close. Although I re-married, sometimes I see myself pushing him away because I am afraid to be hurt again. Don't let it get the best of you. Stay strong, do what you need to do and let it go. If you need me, call me or send me a message.

Hi Maureen...how are you, hope you are well.

Hi Len, msheesha, morocco4ever, & Staashi...hope you are well also!

Have a great weekend,

Amanda

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.