Y's_habibitk

MENA CR1/K3/K1 visas PART2

987 posts in this topic

Why bother? He knows he can go pick it up himself - it is HIS passport in the end, right? He can be responsible for himself and should be allowed to be as well!

I know I keep telling myself that, but Im a big hearted fool who still worries about him.

I wish I could just sleep till this pain goes away. But in real world I cant, still need to work, live and breath.

Doesn't it make sound logical sense to let him take care of himself right now - especially when he mistreats you? Wouldn't shaking off this extra responsibility (if one can call it that) start to help you unwind? I know you are in a very emotional state right now - as one can totally understand - but I don't get taking on this added issue that really isn't yours to deal with at this point.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why bother? He knows he can go pick it up himself - it is HIS passport in the end, right? He can be responsible for himself and should be allowed to be as well!

I know I keep telling myself that, but Im a big hearted fool who still worries about him.

I wish I could just sleep till this pain goes away. But in real world I cant, still need to work, live and breath.

Doesn't it make sound logical sense to let him take care of himself right now - especially when he mistreats you? Wouldn't shaking off this extra responsibility (if one can call it that) start to help you unwind? I know you are in a very emotional state right now - as one can totally understand - but I don't get taking on this added issue that really isn't yours to deal with at this point.

YEAP he made his bed, now time for him to lay in it. I dont care how angry you are at a person you love, you TELL them something. Thanks for the shoulder.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

YEAP he made his bed, now time for him to lay in it. I dont care how angry you are at a person you love, you TELL them something. Thanks for the shoulder.

Beth - with all due respect and concern for you - you are saying "a person you love". His actions and behaviors towards you since he did not get the visa don't denote someone who is loving you.

And, if he can call you a bi-otch and tell you to ** off; he can worry about his own passport. You just need to focus on YOU and being good to yourself - not being worried about him. You can bet he's taking care of himself, as he's obviously not taking any time to take care of you! Treat yourself the way you've been treating him all this time - spoil yourself like never before and move on. You're the one who deserves that! (F)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Sharifah from what they told my husband, it seems that they send the case documents along with the passport through DHL.

So just a thought but would if ours husbands needed those documents BEFORE they send their passports? I mean, like would if Ahmed needed his birth paper or military form? If they put us on AP and he needed one of those form, I wonder if he could pick them up before they send the passport? IDK? This is really getting old quick! They need to find the damn cases!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
((Beth)) (F)

5 days and counting! The embassy still hasn't received the case. It's missing, I guess (Not just ours, but a bunch of other people - I am guessing there is a backlog). NVC said they sent it Oct, 16, 2009. DOS and Cairo Embassy said it's not there yet. I don't know what to think. Ahmed can still interview because he has a copy of everything, but I have a question, since the case is usually there the day of the interview, the embassy returns the original documents to the petitioner, although since the case isn't there how will they return the documents, via DHL when they send the passport? Or will he need to go to the embassy to obtain them?

Ghani's brother, who lost his passport, was told by the Algerian Embassy in Paris that they can not issue him a new one because he doesn't have any kind of French visa so is therefore not legal to be there. He can travel back to Algeria without a passport though. I will be a pain but can be done. So I doubt your husband can get a new passport there in Paris.

Beth, he can't cancel the visa process...only you can do that. Yes, he probably did go and pick up his passport or otherwise he would not be legal there. Don't worry about what he is or isn't doing.

You have to start worrying about you and what your future plans will be! If you think it's over, then it's over. If you think there is a chance of renewing your possible future together then I wish you the very best of luck.

Take care sweetie.

THANK YOU, I did not think he could cancel it alone. I will contact the embassy tomorrow, for I believe they are honoring Veternas Day over there today, and probley why they did not respond to my email this am.

Truly happy!!!

Beth, he can't cancel the visa process...only you can do that. Yes, he probably did go and pick up his passport or otherwise he would not be legal there. Don't worry about what he is or isn't doing.

You have to start worrying about you and what your future plans will be! If you think it's over, then it's over. If you think there is a chance of renewing your possible future together then I wish you the very best of luck.

Take care sweetie.

THANK YOU, I did not think he could cancel it alone. I will contact the embassy tomorrow, for I believe they are honoring Veternas Day over there today, and probley why they did not respond to my email this am.

IN the meantime, I would compose a letter, referencing the original USCIS petition and NVC# and indicating that you want to withdraw your sponsorship. Sign it, get it notarized, and fax the letter to the consulate, DOS, NVC, USCIS everyone. That way, you make sure that there's no chance this fall through the cracks and he is somehow issued a visa (w/ you sponsorship attached to it) if you are truly convinced its over.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Take care sweetie.

IN the meantime, I would compose a letter, referencing the original USCIS petition and NVC# and indicating that you want to withdraw your sponsorship. Sign it, get it notarized, and fax the letter to the consulate, DOS, NVC, USCIS everyone. That way, you make sure that there's no chance this fall through the cracks and he is somehow issued a visa (w/ you sponsorship attached to it) if you are truly convinced its over.

Lots going through my mind, but yes will handle it as your wrote.

Ive been thinking, I think the embassy told him to pick up his passport if they would not overnight it to him as instructed, Im wondering if something was said to him. When I called Dept of State for a update, there was none, so I dont think he withdrew it, none of this changes for what has happended or the behavior involved with him not speaking to me.

Im leaving him alone and see if he contacts me, all in all, I must go forward, I need time to cool off also.

Truly happy!!!

Take care sweetie.

Ive been thinking, I think the embassy told him to pick up his passport if they would not overnight it to him as instructed, Im wondering if something was said to him. When I called Dept of State for a update, there was none, so I dont think he withdrew it, none of this changes for what has happended or the behavior involved with him not speaking to me.

Im leaving him alone and see if he contacts me, all in all, I must go forward, I need time to cool off also.

Beth,

Several people had already said he can't withdraw it - only you can as the petitioner. He cannot as the beneficiary. Even if something was said to him, the right thing would have been for him to talk to you about whatever was said to him. What are you imagining could have been said to him?

Take care sweetie.

Beth,

Several people had already said he can't withdraw it - only you can as the petitioner. He cannot as the beneficiary. Even if something was said to him, the right thing would have been for him to talk to you about whatever was said to him. What are you imagining could have been said to him?

Im not sure if something was said, or what it may of been. But there was a instance about 2 years ago, a clerk at embassy told him, "just cause your marring her dont mean you get a visa handed to you". He also commented, She is older then you.

When he told me what happened, I called Dept of State, the clerk was way out of line, and embassy called me to apolgize, etc. I keep obsessing, and its wrong, Im just so tired, and now so friggin confused after 3 years together.

Sorry for my rambling folks.

Truly happy!!!

Take care sweetie.

Beth,

Im not sure if something was said, or what it may of been. But there was a instance about 2 years ago, a clerk at embassy told him, "just cause your marring her dont mean you get a visa handed to you". He also commented, She is older then you.

When he told me what happened, I called Dept of State, the clerk was way out of line, and embassy called me to apolgize, etc. I keep obsessing, and its wrong, Im just so tired, and now so friggin confused after 3 years together.

Sorry for my rambling folks.

Beth, I don't mean to be blunt but have you thought about worst-case scenarios? What if the consulate does issue the visa to him, and he doesn't contact you? Given that you have no indication that he's picked up his passport....he may intend to leave it there until and if the visa is issued. As has been stated...he cannot withdraw the petition, only you can do that...and if you do not signal to the consulate that you no longer wish to have the visa issued,....they will do so when AP is over. What then? A recipient of an IR/CR visa is technically free to enter the US, and does not have to go to the sponsoring spouse...in fact they can change their address at POE and have the green-card be mailed to a completely different address than the USC's. I've seen it happen before. In fact, I believe there was a recent thread here on VJ with a similar case. I know that such a thing is an absolute worst case situation...but I do want to put it out there for you to think about.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Beth, I don't mean to be blunt but have you thought about worst-case scenarios? What if the consulate does issue the visa to him, and he doesn't contact you? Given that you have no indication that he's picked up his passport....he may intend to leave it there until and if the visa is issued. As has been stated...he cannot withdraw the petition, only you can do that...and if you do not signal to the consulate that you no longer wish to have the visa issued,....they will do so when AP is over. What then? A recipient of an IR/CR visa is technically free to enter the US, and does not have to go to the sponsoring spouse...in fact they can change their address at POE and have the green-card be mailed to a completely different address than the USC's. I've seen it happen before. In fact, I believe there was a recent thread here on VJ with a similar case. I know that such a thing is an absolute worst case situation...but I do want to put it out there for you to think about.

OMG!!!! I had totally forgotten about that - but it does happen. Beth, girl, I'd call the embassy immediately and find out if they did issue the visa. You might be up sh!t's creek without a paddle if he comes to the US and you're on the hook with the I-864. :blink::blink::blink:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Four day my peeps! I am so excited!! We are all set, but they still can't find our case, argh! :wacko:

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Four day my peeps! I am so excited!! We are all set, but they still can't find our case, argh! :wacko:

Somethings going on in Cairo....long interview dates...missing files.... :whistle:

6-22-09 - Filed petition at embassy in Cairo

8-12-09 - Contacted DOS for info on petition...found out petition is filed incorrectly...

8-12-09 - Tried contacting embassy with new info...no response for 3 days..

8-15-09 - Made appt to resubmit petition on 8-17

8-17-09 - CO at embassy informed us that correction was made and petition sent to Athens for approval.

8-26-09 - Petition approved by Athens USCIS

8-28-09 - Petition mailed to Cairo by Dipl. Pouch via Washington DC.

9-29-09 - Petition arrive at Cairo....

10-12-09 - Package 3 arrived and also sent back same day...

11-10-09 - Package 4 arrived

12-22-09 - Interview date - APPROVED

12-23-09 - DOS says Visa Issued

12-30-09 - Visa in hand

12-31-09 - Enshallah arrive back home :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.