Y's_habibitk

MENA CR1/K3/K1 visas PART2

987 posts in this topic

Even if we were in a fight my hubby would at least talk/ yell to me after 2 days of not talking. Something isn't right Beth but you know him better than I. Do you have contact info of a friend of his? His family you could call?

Not worth it, I saw him post on You Tube so I know he is okay, Ive had it, wait till he sees the posting I do to him on You Tube. I dont care anymore, you dont do this to one you love and make them worry and worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive had my fill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if we were in a fight my hubby would at least talk/ yell to me after 2 days of not talking. Something isn't right Beth but you know him better than I. Do you have contact info of a friend of his? His family you could call?

He just dont care Kenza, he used me plain and simple!!!! I think he went to get his passport, otherwise he would nag me to find out where it is. Im done, finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Not worth it, I saw him post on You Tube so I know he is okay, Ive had it, wait till he sees the posting I do to him on You Tube. I dont care anymore, you dont do this to one you love and make them worry and worry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive had my fill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously! :angry:

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: Timeline

He just dont care Kenza, he used me plain and simple!!!! I think he went to get his passport, otherwise he would nag me to find out where it is. Im done, finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beth,

I haven't really commented much on your situation but I wanted to say I'm very sorry for what you are going through and there are no words to comfort someone when they are "in the moment"...it just plain out sux! :(

I know you are in pain but I hope you will just take this time to breath and start thinking about you. Don't concentrate on what he's doing or what you need to do right now. Just take a big breather! Walk away from your computer and go get fresh air. No matter what it is...gather your friends/family to get you out and about. All things will work themselves out in time...for the best...we may not always see it right now but I promise you in the future you will see things clearly.

Sort of off topic but related to your posts now and prior...I wanted to share that from my experience with many Arab men/women...they are very private people. Does your husband have access to VJ posts? Can he see what you are writing about all these weeks? I'm not pointing fingers at you just stating that if my husband saw my angry posts on a public site...he probably wouldn't pick up a phone or acknowledge my calls either. He'd be pretty peeved at me. My husband and many friends I have dealt with have constantly reminded me about keeping our relationship and problems btwn us. Their culture is this way and they don't get the American culture to "talk it out" and get friends around you for support...its quite foreign to them. I am by NO mean justifying his outrageous behavior verbally with you but perhaps there was fuel behind his rage....just my two cents.

I really pray that you find peace in your heart and that things resolve themselves as god wills. We can't predict what that might be but know its all in your best interest for a happy and blessed future.

Be blessed and please take good care of you! (F)

Beth - hope you're doing okay today. Thinking about you, and hoping you're feeling some peace today. (F)

Beth - hope you're doing okay today. Thinking about you, and hoping you're feeling some peace today. (F)

Time to heal. And start cleaning up this mess with petition, a divorce, all without a word or help from him.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

((Beth)) (F)

5 days and counting! The embassy still hasn't received the case. It's missing, I guess (Not just ours, but a bunch of other people - I am guessing there is a backlog). NVC said they sent it Oct, 16, 2009. DOS and Cairo Embassy said it's not there yet. I don't know what to think. Ahmed can still interview because he has a copy of everything, but I have a question, since the case is usually there the day of the interview, the embassy returns the original documents to the petitioner, although since the case isn't there how will they return the documents, via DHL when they send the passport? Or will he need to go to the embassy to obtain them?

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

((Beth)) (F)

5 days and counting! The embassy still hasn't received the case. It's missing, I guess (Not just ours, but a bunch of other people - I am guessing there is a backlog). NVC said they sent it Oct, 16, 2009. DOS and Cairo Embassy said it's not there yet. I don't know what to think. Ahmed can still interview because he has a copy of everything, but I have a question, since the case is usually there the day of the interview, the embassy returns the original documents to the petitioner, although since the case isn't there how will they return the documents, via DHL when they send the passport? Or will he need to go to the embassy to obtain them?

This journey was emontional, and the ending is devasting! How could it of gotten this far with such a ugly turnout?

Embassy has not answered, but I think they are closed today there for Veterans Day, I beleive they take the American holidays over there as we do here.

I dont even know if he cancelled the visa, got his passport, maybe he went to Algerian consulate and got a new one, I just dont know.

Truly happy!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Beth I wish you the best of luck with everything that you have going on.

Sharifah from what they told my husband, it seems that they send the case documents along with the passport through DHL.

Embassy Journey

2009-11-15 : Case at US Embassy in Cairo

2009-10-26 : Medical Exam@4pm

2009-10-28 : Medical Exam results given

2009-11-09 : Interview Date @ 9am

2009-11-09 to 2010-01-21 AP

2010-02-02: Visa Issued

2010-02-06 : Visa in Hand

2010-02-11 : U.S. Entry

U.S. Journey

2010-03-01 : Social Security card received

2010-03-04 : Welcome to the US letter received in the mail

2010-03-11 : Green card received

2010-04-04 : Ahmad got a J-O-B (Alhamdullah!)

2010-05-22 : Ahmad got his DL

wedding.jpg

oBhem5.png

Sharifah from what they told my husband, it seems that they send the case documents along with the passport through DHL.

Where do I go from here? He wont ever talk to me in any way, emails, phone calls, or texts. Will he ever? I dont know.

Maybe in a few days. I still dont understand what happened? Dont even know about his passport, I hope embassy will answer my email tomorrow, for I think they are off today . Where does one start over?

Truly happy!!!

Timeline

Beth, he can't cancel the visa process...only you can do that. Yes, he probably did go and pick up his passport or otherwise he would not be legal there. Don't worry about what he is or isn't doing.

You have to start worrying about you and what your future plans will be! If you think it's over, then it's over. If you think there is a chance of renewing your possible future together then I wish you the very best of luck.

Take care sweetie.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Where do I go from here? He wont ever talk to me in any way, emails, phone calls, or texts. Will he ever? I dont know.

Maybe in a few days. I still dont understand what happened? Dont even know about his passport, I hope embassy will answer my email tomorrow, for I think they are off today . Where does one start over?

You put one foot in front of the other. Walk away, don't look back and in the end you will probably end up kneeling and thanking God that it saved you from a life of possible turmoil.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

You start over by realizing your value and worth and really owning that, so that you know you did the right thing. I agree with what someone else posted - in the long run, you will be grateful you were saved from a life of turmoil with this guy. Start over by seeing this for the blessing it is - stopping you from being with someone who would say the things he's said to you and acted in the cold, horrible manner he's acted towards you. While it might not feel like it now, one day you'll look back on this and do the happy dance :dance: because you'll realize how much better off you are without someone who doesn't appreciate you and love you in the way you deserve to be loved! I hope that day comes very soon for you. (F)

Why bother? He knows he can go pick it up himself - it is HIS passport in the end, right? He can be responsible for himself and should be allowed to be as well!

I know I keep telling myself that, but Im a big hearted fool who still worries about him.

I wish I could just sleep till this pain goes away. But in real world I cant, still need to work, live and breath.

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.