Y's_habibitk

MENA CR1/K3/K1 visas PART2

987 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So I got new news for ya! My roommate said she won't be graduating in Dec. after all so there is still a room here for me and Waleed until May if we like stay in Moscow. She'd prefer it and I can afford it because I don't have to move anywhere and I've been saving a big chunk of change. Waleed said he prefers to live somewhere quiet and that's certainly here. I am going to look for jobs and internships around Moscow and I spoke with my advisors and I'm apply to three graduate schools. One is WSU which is the next town over in Washington and another is UCLA and the other is AUC which is in Egypt. I'm only doing that as a safe guard because I don't know if he's going to get the visa anytime soon or not and if we end up there I want to still be furthering my education in his country. I think I have a good chance with them because I was already admitted to their undergraduate program before. It would be great to finally learn Arabic in a formal setting! Right now you might not see me much because I'm scrambling to prepare and study intensely for taking the GRE very soon!

Love you all!

~Flower~

I dont know Beth. Lets see what tommorrow brings... they'd better have an answer about the passport by then. they cant keep it hostage if he needs to go back to Algeria.

I've contacted USCIS/Washington DC, the lady who helped us with our petition when it was at CSC. She already responded back to me quickly as she always has done before. I told them of the lack of communication with the embassy, explained the situation with the passport and his card expiring, and also told of the was we were treated, felt like being judged by consular officer and of how rude she truly was.

I fear its over, why did God put us on this journey to end in heartache and alone?

Beth don't give up hope yet! (F)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I dont know Beth. Lets see what tommorrow brings... they'd better have an answer about the passport by then. they cant keep it hostage if he needs to go back to Algeria.

I've contacted USCIS/Washington DC, the lady who helped us with our petition when it was at CSC. She already responded back to me quickly as she always has done before. I told them of the lack of communication with the embassy, explained the situation with the passport and his card expiring, and also told of the was we were treated, felt like being judged by consular officer and of how rude she truly was.

I fear its over, why did God put us on this journey to end in heartache and alone?

Beth. I really care about you and I wouldnt blow smoke up your behind. This is NOT the end. You need to stop it, like now! After this long @ss journey and all that you have been through, you are naturally dissapointed that the interview didnt go as planned or expected. But, you are taking this as worst case scenario and you are stressing yourself out to no end. I just typed this in your other thread and Im gonna say it here. Beth, breath baby. PLEASE, take a day to rest and get your head straight. Your journey isnt over. It sure sounds like AR to me and most everyone else who is reading the updates. I (L) you girl..but you need a shoulder shaking to say STOP!!! Stop freaking, its not time yet.

This stinking thinking is not serving ANY purpose other than giving you a damn headache. This part is out of your hands now, it seems. The interview was obviously scheduled too late to make the expiration date....thats the bottomline.

If you get mad when you read this, Im sorry honey.

If he doesnt get it before going back to Algeria, then he will get it shortly after that. It sucks and it seems really unfair to me seeing as how you have battled hard and long. but it is what it is now. They have what 1.5 days to get it in the passport. He should start making plans to maybe have to go back home beth. that doesnt mean he isnt gonna make it here. It just means that he will be flying out of Algeria, not Paris to come home to you. :luv:

You know I always say and I truly do beleive that you havent gone through this much to be dropped on your @ss suddenly.

I hope that all makes sense and you take it to heart. I just hate seeing you liek this babe.

Edited by Y's_habibitk

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Beth. I really care about you and I wouldnt blow smoke up your behind. This is NOT the end. You need to stop it, like now! After this long @ss journey and all that you have been through, you are naturally dissapointed that the interview didnt go as planned or expected. But, you are taking this as worst case scenario and you are stressing yourself out to no end. I just typed this in your other thread and Im gonna say it here. Beth, breath baby. PLEASE, take a day to rest and get your head straight. Your journey isnt over. It sure sounds like AR to me and most everyone else who is reading the updates. I (L) you girl..but you need a shoulder shaking to say STOP!!! Stop freaking, its not time yet.

This stinking thinking is not serving ANY purpose other than giving you a damn headache. This part is out of your hands now, it seems. The interview was obviously scheduled too late to make the expiration date....thats the bottomline.

If you get mad when you read this, Im sorry honey.

If he doesnt get it before going back to Algeria, then he will get it shortly after that. It sucks and it seems really unfair to me seeing as how you have battled hard and long. but it is what it is now. They have what 1.5 days to get it in the passport. He should start making plans to maybe have to go back home beth. that doesnt mean he isnt gonna make it here. It just means that he will be flying out of Algeria, not Paris to come home to you. :luv:

You know I always say and I truly do beleive that you havent gone through this much to be dropped on your @ss suddenly.

I hope that all makes sense and you take it to heart. I just hate seeing you liek this babe.

Im not mad at you Honey, never!!!! Im just tired of fighting this system, and now lately Mo, and its just all of this process.

Tomorrow is another day....................... Love you!!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree with Lisa. You are heading for a break down, and you need to step back and look at it from an outsiders point of view. It isn't a denial. Those are the words that should frighten you, but not this. And fighting with your husband is just from the stress. I should know. :whistle:

Please take some time this weekend to forget this process and go have some girl time with your favorite cheerful people. Taking a break when you can't do anything about it will recharge you to handle it better when you can.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Beth I was walking home tonight from school and stopped in a store and heard this song on the radio there. It reminded me of you and I thought to post it for you. (L)

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Beth I was walking home tonight from school and stopped in a store and heard this song on the radio there. It reminded me of you and I thought to post it for you. (L)

Beautiful song and video.. :star:

6-22-09 - Filed petition at embassy in Cairo

8-12-09 - Contacted DOS for info on petition...found out petition is filed incorrectly...

8-12-09 - Tried contacting embassy with new info...no response for 3 days..

8-15-09 - Made appt to resubmit petition on 8-17

8-17-09 - CO at embassy informed us that correction was made and petition sent to Athens for approval.

8-26-09 - Petition approved by Athens USCIS

8-28-09 - Petition mailed to Cairo by Dipl. Pouch via Washington DC.

9-29-09 - Petition arrive at Cairo....

10-12-09 - Package 3 arrived and also sent back same day...

11-10-09 - Package 4 arrived

12-22-09 - Interview date - APPROVED

12-23-09 - DOS says Visa Issued

12-30-09 - Visa in hand

12-31-09 - Enshallah arrive back home :)

Timeline

Love this song Olivia! Also loved your new webpage!!! Congrats sweetie!!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Anything from Beth today?

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

You know I am fixin to vent...It has been over 2 months since we had the interview. I know others have waited longer and I do understand this. But none the less it does make me angry. I do not understand how other cases are different. It is the same damn procoess. I think what is good for one should be good for all. Hey I am glad it took some of you 4 days or 3 or even 2 weeks. Really....But I think its not right. Every flippin week its the same ol #######. I was just told today by DOS it could take 3 months, 6 months, she said we even have some for 3 years.....WHY? Why so dang long? My husband is clean and clear been in school all his adult life. Its been a month and the embassy still has not contacted my senator. I think I would have been ok if she would have never said no AP and it will be 2 weeks..and now 2 months later and AP..This no one knows ####### is just that #######. You would seriously think they would do these damn visa in order..People who applied after us got it months before us? Yesterday was our one year of being married spent it working, and being depressed. That goes to say I worked 2 jobs, paid my taxes, I don't ask no one for help, I do everything on my own. I don't rob banks, or sell drugs. And another thing I am sorry Paris Heart..really I want to cry for you as well. Try so hard to do things right and spend so much heart and soul in a relationship and at the end of this journey its lonley, and depressing. Wake up daily prayin to God to help you. I am wondering when is a good time to jump off a bridge and call it a year..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline
You know I am fixin to vent...It has been over 2 months since we had the interview. I know others have waited longer and I do understand this. But none the less it does make me angry. I do not understand how other cases are different. It is the same damn procoess. I think what is good for one should be good for all. Hey I am glad it took some of you 4 days or 3 or even 2 weeks. Really....But I think its not right. Every flippin week its the same ol #######. I was just told today by DOS it could take 3 months, 6 months, she said we even have some for 3 years.....WHY? Why so dang long? My husband is clean and clear been in school all his adult life. Its been a month and the embassy still has not contacted my senator. I think I would have been ok if she would have never said no AP and it will be 2 weeks..and now 2 months later and AP..This no one knows ####### is just that #######. You would seriously think they would do these damn visa in order..People who applied after us got it months before us? Yesterday was our one year of being married spent it working, and being depressed. That goes to say I worked 2 jobs, paid my taxes, I don't ask no one for help, I do everything on my own. I don't rob banks, or sell drugs. And another thing I am sorry Paris Heart..really I want to cry for you as well. Try so hard to do things right and spend so much heart and soul in a relationship and at the end of this journey its lonley, and depressing. Wake up daily prayin to God to help you. I am wondering when is a good time to jump off a bridge and call it a year..

Who said it was easy?

Of course it would of been ok if “she would have never said no AP and it will be 2 weeks”. It would have been ok for me this morning too if instead of finding a dollar bill in the parking lot that I found a $100 bill instead.

It's frustrating for those that waited months, years, some were denied. Everyone that's going or has gone through the visa process is well aware. It’s typed out all over these boards that yes it's a difficult and to be prepared for possible long waits.

Like you I don’t think anyone here on VJ is robbing banks or selling drugs. :blink:

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

B&S, did they give your husband a slip? I mean a AP or AR slip when interview was over? We were handed nothing, we walked out holding the knife handle of the knife they inbedded in our hearts.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Beth - sister, I am not here to break your balls or anything, but yes, you were being judged and for very good reason. All COs and IOs are judges in their own right. Actually, they are here to judge your relationship based on prima facie (first appearance) evidence. Your evidence showed bigamy, which is a crime - and although you didn't commit that act knowingly, you did commit it. Your history (through no real fault of your own) demonstrated it as such and so you had to justify everything.

The immigration process is as much about the petitioner as it is the beneficiary. Policies such as VAWA were instituted for the benefit of the beneficiary, and because of this, the COs and IOs have a duty to not only protect the USC but also the potential immigrant as well. When I had read that you all were denied after a three-hour interview I thought - how can that be??? :unsure: But the moment you told your story - my next thought was how can they be approved after that story? That was big news. Now, I know you're truly upset and see yourselves as being unfairly singled out and put through the ringer, but your situation merited this treatment. Know that and accept it. To you, your situation seems cut and dry. To them your situation was incredulous. Applications that pass through USCIS are reviewed for completeness - applications that move on to the USEM are reviewed for validity. The CO was doing her job and a thorough one at that. Would you have expected anything less? You did not receive a denial. Your case is in AP and God willing, you all will make it through this very soon.

I send very positive vibes and big prayers to you both.

Edited by Staashi

Timeline

All I can say is you just have to wait. Two months is not long at all. Cairo usually will tell everyone that the visa will be issued in two-three weeks. Always turns out the waiting time is around 6-8 months. It's so frustrating I know. As you see here, there are many of us who have gone thru Cairo and we all waited and waited for months. I found that calling the DOS on a Thursday, I was able

to have more updates. Some were the same, some were more helpful, but all in all I still waited and

waited. You just have to have patience.

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

B&S, did they give your husband a slip? I mean a AP or AR slip when interview was over? We were handed nothing, we walked out holding the knife handle of the knife they inbedded in our hearts.

No, she did not give us nothing..no slip nothing..I was there..When she didnt say AP, I asked and she said No AP he will have it in 2 weeks..

Timeline

Who said it was easy?

Of course it would of been ok if “she would have never said no AP and it will be 2 weeks”. It would have been ok for me this morning too if instead of finding a dollar bill in the parking lot that I found a $100 bill instead.

It's frustrating for those that waited months, years, some were denied. Everyone that's going or has gone through the visa process is well aware. It’s typed out all over these boards that yes it's a difficult and to be prepared for possible long waits.

Like you I don’t think anyone here on VJ is robbing banks or selling drugs. :blink:

Yeah...I was just venting...but thanks for the kind words and all..And this is a little different than finding money..just to let you know. I was not pointing fingers at no one or sayin others didn't have to wait. I do understand others have, and even longer..Really you helped me so so much today. Just a note to others before something like this happens again, I am not sayin it is anyones fault other than the people who control it. It is frustrating to others. I do not come here to start problems I come here cause I know others have gone through it before. Its just to relate to others since ppl around me never have gone through this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.