Karina & ALex

Visa Denied...HELP ME

24 posts in this topic

I got married Aug.11.07, started to do his papers in September '07, got our appointment in SANTO DOMINGO Dec.29,08 He got his visa denied and they closed the case, the paper said it was a fraud marriage which they are so fukin wrong but they don't care, we just messed up on the interview. That was the hardest & saddest day of my life :( , i felt like it was unfair. I'm dominican born in the US & he's dominican...i don't understand why the didn't leave my case open so they can investigate, if they did investigate i would be with my husband right now.

The consulate in Santo Domingo are known to be the worst people. :bonk:

And a yesterday i called the consul in Santo Domingo they said the case was sent back to the US, USCIS told me they have to review it and they choose to deny it or send it back to Santo Domingo & get another appointment, So i gotta wait like 120 days.

Can somebody tell me what happens or what can i do ??

7-25-06-9-07-06 : We 1st met each other.

7-03-07-9-06-07 : visit hubby! And got married Aug.11,2007

Sept: Started to file K3

7-20-08-7-09-08 : visit hubby!

11-29-08-2-25-09 : visit hubby!Interview 12-29-08,visa denied and case closed.

I forgot the dates: I was told to do petition again,everything got approved.

6-2-10 : Interview, we were put on Administrative Process

Hi, I wish I could help, but I am new at this and I don't know much. I just wanted to show some support as a fellow Dominican. I know that the consulate in DR can be very difficult, and I am nervous myself about my own case because even if our relationships and marriages are true, they don't care they just decide whatever they want. I'm sorry to hear about what is happening to you, sorry I can't help. Good luck and if you speak Spanish, con Dios delante todo saldra bien, solo hay que tener fe.

****_____________________________________****

With a lot of faith and hope in God, I started this process:

03/15/2009: Sent form I129F to Vermont Service Center

03/17/2009: Received NOA 1

09/11/2009: Still waiting, haven't received anything else. (Frustrated!)

09/30/2009: Received e-mail from USCIS saying they approved my case! Thank you God!

10/05/2009: NOA2 came in the mail! So happy!

We're getting closer and closer!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

I think USCIS is required to notify you of their intention to close your case, but allow you 30 days to provide new evidence that might reopen your petition. They will take their good old time in notifying you, however. I am surprised you haven't thought of moving to the Dominican Republic to be with your husband.

Edited by Old Dominion

When a case is denied at the Embassy/Consulate, the time to act is then, and try not wait for the case to be sent back to USCIS.

Unfortunately, what you need is a qualified family-based immigration attorney. They will be able to help you either get your current case worked on or assist in a future one.

Edited by Otto und Karin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I got married Aug.11.07, started to do his papers in September '07, got our appointment in SANTO DOMINGO Dec.29,08 He got his visa denied and they closed the case, the paper said it was a fraud marriage which they are so fukin wrong but they don't care, we just messed up on the interview. That was the hardest & saddest day of my life :( , i felt like it was unfair. I'm dominican born in the US & he's dominican...i don't understand why the didn't leave my case open so they can investigate, if they did investigate i would be with my husband right now.

And a yesterday i called the consul in Santo Domingo they said the case was sent back to the US, USCIS told me they have to review it and they choose to deny it or send it back to Santo Domingo & get another appointment, So i gotta wait like 120 days.

its a good idea if u can provide us with information about how u both messed up at the Interview (if im understanding correctly ) , im so sorry to hear about this ..but have Faith you will be there again and get this done

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Hey Karina, you can check this link out from the USCIS website. It gives you information about appealing if your case has been denied. Maybe that will help you. Let me know if it was any good.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=58e2b9e54cf0e010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD&vgnextchannel=2411c9ee2f82b010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Edited by HYZ

****_____________________________________****

With a lot of faith and hope in God, I started this process:

03/15/2009: Sent form I129F to Vermont Service Center

03/17/2009: Received NOA 1

09/11/2009: Still waiting, haven't received anything else. (Frustrated!)

09/30/2009: Received e-mail from USCIS saying they approved my case! Thank you God!

10/05/2009: NOA2 came in the mail! So happy!

We're getting closer and closer!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Syria
Timeline

Hi Amica

am sorry for the problem now faceing :( cause we have same situation except our not closed. What visa you and your hubby apply for? Did they give you an automatic denial? If the VCS told you that they had to review it and would give you an answer in 120 days then your in for a rude awakining. Cause they told us the same old ####### of 120 days and we have gone 3 months past with no end in sight. Start working on your rebuttal and contact a good attorney, and Marc Ellis is said to be the best in rebuttals.

Good Luck

Santa

Hi, I wish I could help, but I am new at this and I don't know much. I just wanted to show some support as a fellow Dominican. I know that the consulate in DR can be very difficult, and I am nervous myself about my own case because even if our relationships and marriages are true, they don't care they just decide whatever they want. I'm sorry to hear about what is happening to you, sorry I can't help. Good luck and if you speak Spanish, con Dios delante todo saldra bien, solo hay que tener fe. :thumbs: ALWAYS!!

Just prepared questions about everything you do, they asked questions about the dumbest things, not to make you even more nervous, when i was there they denied almost all the couples and if you have a baby get a DNA, you gotta be prepared and if they do deny your visa DON'T leave the building like i did. You can ask to speak to the head consulate and talk to him to get the visa. That's what my cousin did & many people that i know but i found out after my interview.

When you are asked to go to room 11, they are going to investigate you and they already think your marriage is fraud, that's were i messed up, i got nervous. Dormir muy bien the night before, i was there from 5am-6pm

All the questions they can ask you: What happened to me i don't what to happen to anybody else

http://www.***removed***/greencard/familyba...-interview.html

Hi Amica

am sorry for the problem now faceing :( cause we have same situation except our not closed. What visa you and your hubby apply for? Did they give you an automatic denial? If the VCS told you that they had to review it and would give you an answer in 120 days then your in for a rude awakining. Cause they told us the same old ####### of 120 days and we have gone 3 months past with no end in sight. Start working on your rebuttal and contact a good attorney, and Marc Ellis is said to be the best in rebuttals.

Good Luck

Santa

K3 i just got a paper describing why i got denied after my interview. Good Luck!! for u 2.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Get a GOOD ATTY

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I dont get it. What did you mess up on?

=================

K1 Section

=================

Sent I-129F - 03/25/2009

Visa in Hand -11/23/2009

US Entry - 11/26/2009

Wedding - 12/26/2009

=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

Hi Amica

Good Luck

Santa

marcellislaw@gmail.com he is also here on VJ ellis-island is his name here on VJ.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

This is sad, but as I reflect on your situation, no doubt USCIS and the Consulate will be curious to know why it has taken you so long to follow up. What has your husband done to follow up? The time delay suggests the marriage may not be bona fide after all. You'll need a capable lawyer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.