Jenn!

Sex and the City - in Morocco!

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
(psst....okay everyone, don't post now)

psst, you just did!!! lol... <3

my bad? :P

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Dubai confuses me.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

Marriage : 2008-07-12

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-02

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-20

NVC Received : 2009-01-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-01

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-02-03

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-27

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-05

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-19

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-25

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-03-17

Packet 4 Received : 2009-03-24

Interview Date : 2009-05-19!!!!!!!!!!! Pray for a quick approval and no AP!!!

Visa in Hand: 2009-05-20!!! Thank you god! Now I wish he would just come to the US sooner... miss him...grrr.

Point of Entry: Chicago O'Hare Airport October , 16th 2009!!!

Filed: Timeline
That's shocking to me about Dubai...of all places I'd think they'd say yes first!

Doesn't surprise me at all. Even kissing your wife is considered racy and punishable by a pretty hefty fine in Dubai.

After reading this...I remembered that story about the British "couple" that got caught on the beach having sex....Uggh...

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline
After reading this...I remembered that story about the British "couple" that got caught on the beach having sex....Uggh...

Yeah, I heard conflicting reports about that when I was in Dubai. The other story is that the couple weren't having sex they were just drunk and snogging. Now being drunk or kissing in public are both illegal but they compounded that offense by going so far as yelling expletives at the arresting officer to boot. Either way, they were as dumb as the sand they were making out on. I did feel just a twinge of sorrow for the girl though after hearing how much worse the women's prison in Dubai is than the men's and I'm sure the men's prison isn't all that nice to begin with. I can say though that I don't miss being afraid to so much as hug my husband in public. I'm so glad Turkey is so much more relaxed than that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
That's shocking to me about Dubai...of all places I'd think they'd say yes first! But Morocco is even better..cool!

As for racy...for sure at ME standards.

I remember dying of embarassment watching with my father and one of the raciest scenes/lines was when Samantha notices a grey hair "down there" after a shower, deciding to dye it to make it disappear. Unfortunately, the experiment goes wrong, and she accidentally dyes the hair a bright orange. Stuck with "Bozo the Bush", Sam chooses to shave it all off, telling Smith that she did it to make it easier for him to find things during intimate moments. :blush:

Needless to say, we never watched the show again together. :P

Oh wow!!!! I forget the name of the episode but there's one where Samantha's new hottie has the worst tasting, shall we say "aftermath". Someone recommended that they eat celery and voila, problem solved.

it really does work!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
That's shocking to me about Dubai...of all places I'd think they'd say yes first! But Morocco is even better..cool!

As for racy...for sure at ME standards.

I remember dying of embarassment watching with my father and one of the raciest scenes/lines was when Samantha notices a grey hair "down there" after a shower, deciding to dye it to make it disappear. Unfortunately, the experiment goes wrong, and she accidentally dyes the hair a bright orange. Stuck with "Bozo the Bush", Sam chooses to shave it all off, telling Smith that she did it to make it easier for him to find things during intimate moments. :blush:

Needless to say, we never watched the show again together. :P

Oh wow!!!! I forget the name of the episode but there's one where Samantha's new hottie has the worst tasting, shall we say "aftermath". Someone recommended that they eat celery and voila, problem solved.

it really does work!

The episode is "Funky #######". I watched that one with mom. I was laughing so hard, not cuz it was funny, but..... :P

Its pineapple. Celery won't really work as well.

Me- SATC fan!

Edited by Krissy!

Timeline

I don't think you're allowed to have intercourse on the beach ANYWHERE in the world. Hm... I dunno, maybe a couple places. But it would be an awful thing for others to be watching without a choice. I didn't have any issues in dubai holding my hubby's hand or walking close. Then again maybe I was oblivious. But the culture there confuses me... they allow everything, but just in its designated place, yet if you do one of those things out of place you're in the biggest trouble.

~M

Event Date

Visa in Hand: 2009-05-20!!! Thank you god! Now I wish he would just come to the US sooner... miss him...grrr.

Timeline
. I didn't have any issues in dubai holding my hubby's hand or walking close. Then again maybe I was oblivious. But the culture there confuses me... they allow everything, but just in its designated place, yet if you do one of those things out of place you're in the biggest trouble.

~M

Oh, holding hands is ok. Even the men hold hands. I remember thinking the Pakistani men walking closely hand in hand would be viewed as being gay if they did that in the west. :blush: But when you come from a country where you aren't allowed to get close to women then you get close to men. I laughed when my husband's cousin was talking about going home for a visit to Iran and one of his friends kept trying to hold his hand while they walked. It kind of embarrassed him and he was like dude, quit holding my hand like a girl. :D

Filed: Timeline

Haha! Yeah the dudes that held hands in Egypt seemed a little gay to me, also. I mean the way they held hands as if they were lovers. Not to mention the night clubs where it was almost only dudes dancing together. Even my Egyptian husband thinks it's a bit gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

Timeline
. I didn't have any issues in dubai holding my hubby's hand or walking close. Then again maybe I was oblivious. But the culture there confuses me... they allow everything, but just in its designated place, yet if you do one of those things out of place you're in the biggest trouble.

~M

Oh, holding hands is ok. Even the men hold hands. I remember thinking the Pakistani men walking closely hand in hand would be viewed as being gay if they did that in the west. :blush: But when you come from a country where you aren't allowed to get close to women then you get close to men. I laughed when my husband's cousin was talking about going home for a visit to Iran and one of his friends kept trying to hold his hand while they walked. It kind of embarrassed him and he was like dude, quit holding my hand like a girl. :D

hahahaha, my husband thinks it's weird when guys hold hands, even in iran (and he's never been outside of Iran except for Turkey and Dubai), but overall he's close with his guy friends... like it's not here where guys are like ew man, don't put your leg on me... and plus I mean come on, most middle eastern countries, (and some european countries) greet each other by kissing on the cheeks! But I dunno, I think girls are super comfortable with girls in the US and that's pretty ok. I mean even though I was born and raised in the US, if I'm with a really close friend, I don't think it's weird to hold their hand, or like link arms with them in the street... people don't go, OMG they're les! They just kinda are like ok, they're girls! So I'm wondering why when guys are like that it's so weird here...lol. (even to me sometimes)

~M

Event Date

Timeline
! So I'm wondering why when guys are like that it's so weird here...lol. (even to me sometimes)

~M

I guess it's because straight guys will often fantasize about lesbians but the only people that fantasize about gays are gay guys themselves. I don't know. Just a theory.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.