hollykay

Happy Wednesday

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My husband flew into JFK when he came to the states and he went outside to smoke while waiting for his plane. Usama will just have to go through security again if he wants to smoke. I guess it depends on how valuable a smoke is to him. :D To my husband, it's very important. Haha! That 11 hour plane ride from Cairo to NY was a killer for him.

Dayum that Beelebub!!!!!!

Actually Hicham went home for four weeks this July to see his family and (knock on wood) Bridget, he did not have one single problem. (Knocking on some even harder wood) He didn't even get selected for the special screening process like usual.

Of course I was worried sick out of my mind about him going after all we've been through, and we had him loaded up with every single official document just in case, but he had no problems coming or going.

His POE coming back was JFK, so I was much relieved about that. I think as long as none of our SOs are going through the Charlotte Airport...you should be okay.

Keep your chin up girlie! Inshallah, time will go by and he will be home before you know it! :)

Usama's going in and coming out of JFK so that's good to know that it's nice there. Boston was very easy but I was scared of the big city port. :blink::blink: He was just talking to me trying to figure out where to smoke in the airport. He swears there's a smoking section but there's not. There was one in Italy but that was Italy. He's gonna be DYIN by the time his plane hits the ground in Cairo!!!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
My husband flew into JFK when he came to the states and he went outside to smoke while waiting for his plane. Usama will just have to go through security again if he wants to smoke. I guess it depends on how valuable a smoke is to him. :D To my husband, it's very important. Haha! That 11 hour plane ride from Cairo to NY was a killer for him.

Hopefully he'll sleep. HE got some meds from the doc for the ride so maybe he won't miss it too too much. How important is a smoke to him? When he got here one full suitcase was stuffed with cartons of cleopatras! lol.

Hey does anyone know if a Marlboro in Cairo is the same as a Marlboro in the US? My sister and her husband said they're not the same though I dunno how they'd know since the furthest from Boston they've ever been is Aruba.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hey does anyone know if a Marlboro in Cairo is the same as a Marlboro in the US? My sister and her husband said they're not the same though I dunno how they'd know since the furthest from Boston they've ever been is Aruba.

Don't know about Cairo, but they're not the same in Morocco. Not in Italy either. The Marlboro Lights even have brown filters overseas. I used to hand out packs of American Marlboro Lights as gifts because of the novelty of the white filter. :P

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hopefully he'll sleep. HE got some meds from the doc for the ride so maybe he won't miss it too too much. How important is a smoke to him? When he got here one full suitcase was stuffed with cartons of cleopatras! lol.

My hubby seems to think they are different as well (and he has traveled a bit, but not to the States). It wouldn't surprise me if they were. Just like Coke or other companies bottle product over here instead of shipping it over, I'm sure the tobacco companies could make the smokes here. I'm sure it would be much cheaper production wise.

We were walking past a cigarette factory in Giza area last week and the smell was horrendous. I don't know how people can live near it, but it's right in the middle of everything else - housing and stores.

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Don't know about Cairo, but they're not the same in Morocco. Not in Italy either. The Marlboro Lights even have brown filters overseas. I used to hand out packs of American Marlboro Lights as gifts because of the novelty of the white filter. :P

It used to be the case...but they've now gone to white filter as well. The taste is different. For someone who smokes only Marlboro Lights, he/she will notice the difference between those produced there and these here. The tobacco used to make the cigs is grown elsewhere, so the taste is different.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hicham says that ALOT of products are not the same as they are in the States. He never had me bring him smokes while he was in Morocco....just many, many bottles of 90% rubbing alcohol and Listerine. :blink: Ummm...he's a germ-a-phobe, just in case you were wondering!

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It used to be the case...but they've now gone to white filter as well. The taste is different. For someone who smokes only Marlboro Lights, he/she will notice the difference between those produced there and these here. The tobacco used to make the cigs is grown elsewhere, so the taste is different.

:o I need to make it out of the U.S. more often. :crying:

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline
Husband says they're not the same. He ONLY smokes Marlboro reds now. He used to smoke killyoupatras. Have him buy some at the duty free shop at JFK. They're way cheap there.

Man I hate the smell of hubby after he smokes the Cleopatras. I much prefer him to smoke some other brand that escapes me at the moment. lol

The box is white and blue... Merrit maybe? Or some initials?

Anyways I don't know what they put in the Cleos but they stink. :bonk:

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Timeline

holy ###### an airplane in mexico has just been hijacked :blink::blink::blink: i think ima gonna hurl now.

Husband says they're not the same. He ONLY smokes Marlboro reds now. He used to smoke killyoupatras. Have him buy some at the duty free shop at JFK. They're way cheap there.

Same with usama. We drive once/month to nh to get them since they're wicked cheap there.

omg...BBQ?? Haven't had one in a while and I LOVE LOVE LOVE marinades!!

JENN, I cannot believe how quickly your pregnancy has gone. Only 6 weeks...that will fly by...what is that a Hallomeanie??? lol

Anywho....I know all about what cankles are and that is a funny name to call em but I never had em thank you sweet jesus...the weight gain was enough :whistle:

Day 2 of school and I am right there with whoever asked what would the octomom do?

Well I have 3 and it is no picnic.

That is the curse of school season, parents having to revert back to their student days and complete homework of their own. BLAH :P

Hubby smokes Marlboro reds too, he also says that Marlboro's and some products are NOT the same as they are when they are from here. I dunno how you don't get a Marlboro out of a Marlboro prepackaged box but that's what he says.

Have a good night peeps...I am outta here :dance:

Edited by Sandrila

Timeline

What I don't get re: school forms is that I end up writing the same exact info over and over and over again. Sometimes on the same flippin' form! Don't they have computer systems wherein one can type in basic info and redi-fill the rest??? For me the pain is dealing with the dr's. I never get the medication form back in time and I always get squacked at for it. I mean she's been there for two years how hard it is to figure out how to use an epipen? Unwrap, find clean area, push. badda bing badda boom.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
holy ###### an airplane in mexico has just been hijacked :blink::blink::blink: i think ima gonna hurl now.

it landed safely... is it awful of me to be relieved that the hijacker was a christian minister? :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.