~Jess~

Scared

249 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

jess... i admire your strength... i will continue praying for all of our vj members who have family/loved ones there...

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
just letting everyone know we are alright. we went to the embassy this morning i swear that was some funny sh!t. 7:30am 300 people lined up outside. it was a mess. these people hadnt been called to the embassy they just came, they dont expect to have everyone who wants to leave out til maybe monday . and i asked the consular about george and he told me they are trying not to seperate immidiate familes and it will be up to the consular at the boat whether he can go, and then he has to apply for humanitarian parole in cyprus...so please pray that this works, dear God please let this work. i need my husband!. people were fighting each other at the embassy today and screamin at the officers; i didnt fight with them because i think people that fight with them will be put on the bottom of the pile. dont want that lol......at least i can laugh a little today.......the stress is still there but at least they didnt say no right away. Inshallah this will be good news!!

also fighting with the consul officials can get them kicked out at gunpoint.

so still no idea when you might get out? and how often can we expect updates from you on the situation?

hang in there we're all praying for you :luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

ill post updates as often as possible until i leave. after that i wont be able to post again til im in new york. the embassy website posted news today, if anyone wants they can chk it out.... http://lebanon.usembassy.gov/lebanon/pr072006.html

im hopin it will be soon that we get out, that is providing George is able to go. I am so afraid once the evacuations are done that the war will become more widespread and harder.....I pray that it wont happen but its just a gut feeling, as its been a little quieter the past 2 days, not much but just a little quieter......

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
ill post updates as often as possible until i leave. after that i wont be able to post again til im in new york. the embassy website posted news today, if anyone wants they can chk it out.... http://lebanon.usembassy.gov/lebanon/pr072006.html

im hopin it will be soon that we get out, that is providing George is able to go. I am so afraid once the evacuations are done that the war will become more widespread and harder.....I pray that it wont happen but its just a gut feeling, as its been a little quieter the past 2 days, not much but just a little quieter......

I am so glad to hear that your husband has a chance of leaving with you Jess. I am praying you both will get out quickly and safely.

HUGS :)

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

how's the supply of basics over there? food, water, and so on?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

in this area things are 'ok' for now but they are running out fast. in other areas there are virtually no supplies. bread is becomming harder and harder to find. and all the prices of course are at least double. its such a sad situation

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline
in this area things are 'ok' for now but they are running out fast. in other areas there are virtually no supplies. bread is becomming harder and harder to find. and all the prices of course are at least double. its such a sad situation

hoarding has begun. here's something i snagged for you

http://www.alpharubicon.com/prepinfo/waterpurify.htm

in particular the unscented clorox bleach section.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Jess, thanks for the updates. I think the right thing for them to do is to allow Georges to travel with you and then apply for the humanitarian parole as was suggested. Here's hoping our government steps up and actually does the right thing. Fingers crossed!

Stay safe.

SA4userbar.jpg

It is Disgusting how people take advantage of a situation. I was told that bread is 5 times the price it usually is and all the prices crazy. This is the Time all the Lebanese people need to pull togther.

I am happy for you Jess. that you have a chance of bringing George out. Now would he have to stay in Cyprus if they let his leave or would he be able to come back to the US with you. Stay Safe.

FYI - Mustapha is OK. They have actually cheapned the prices in his area.

Timeline

Thank you for that info on the water! good idea.

Lostinlove- i am so happy to hear your habibi is still alright. At this point we arent sure what will happen at the port and then of course when we get to Cyprus, all we know is the case will be assessed and they will make a decision whether to let him on the boat at all, and then when we get to Cyprus they will have to assist in helping us apply for emergancy humanitarian parole, usualy applications take 60-90 days but for emergancies sometimes they are only one or two if not the same day. however we are coming up on a weekend and if we are able to leave this weekend we may be in cyprus until sometimes next week unless they can authorize port of entry parole. we shall see. i am hopeful with enough begging and pleading they will allow us to do this. after all this is a life or death situation.

the gas prices are HORRIBLE here, when you can find a station open. and we stay hours in line at the grocery store for a few things. its so crazy and i cry for the people who cant even access these things.

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline
Thank you for that info on the water! good idea.

Lostinlove- i am so happy to hear your habibi is still alright. At this point we arent sure what will happen at the port and then of course when we get to Cyprus, all we know is the case will be assessed and they will make a decision whether to let him on the boat at all, and then when we get to Cyprus they will have to assist in helping us apply for emergancy humanitarian parole, usualy applications take 60-90 days but for emergancies sometimes they are only one or two if not the same day. however we are coming up on a weekend and if we are able to leave this weekend we may be in cyprus until sometimes next week unless they can authorize port of entry parole. we shall see. i am hopeful with enough begging and pleading they will allow us to do this. after all this is a life or death situation.

the gas prices are HORRIBLE here, when you can find a station open. and we stay hours in line at the grocery store for a few things. its so crazy and i cry for the people who cant even access these things.

how is your food situation? how many day's worth?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

we have like 10 days worth left. we have no meat but that isnt our main concern. this area still has some stores open we just have to go wait in the lines. we will go tomorrow just to get a few things because we dont know what is going to go on. Inshallah we will both be on a boat for Cyprus by Sunday

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hopefully everything will work out for you two.

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Timeline
we have like 10 days worth left. we have no meat but that isnt our main concern. this area still has some stores open we just have to go wait in the lines. we will go tomorrow just to get a few things because we dont know what is going to go on. Inshallah we will both be on a boat for Cyprus by Sunday

canned food (particularly canned fruit - you can drink the juice) and uht milk if needed. get nothing that requires refrigeration. if you get something that will spoil eat it first, like fruit.

do you have a bathtub there? if so, fill it up with water if such is still running. it makes a handy reservoir in case the water goes out later on

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.