~Jess~

Scared

249 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

its sad that america is the last to evacuate their citizens ehhh. its humilliating

it might also be that the us has done planning with israel and there is a temporary cease fire planned to allow for such ;)

Well if the US and Isreal really have been planning these evacuations, then why didn't they do it in the very b eginning or before it even started!!?? Why make the Americans wait over a week during bombing then say ok we'll get you out soon.

its sad that america is the last to evacuate their citizens ehhh. its humilliating

it might also be that the us has done planning with israel and there is a temporary cease fire planned to allow for such ;)

there are so many things I want to say about this comment but I think we should keep this thread for jessngeorges... positive thoughts, encouragement, and support for her in this horrific time. (lets not hijack the thread for political talks).. (F)

my previous responses had nothing to do with politics

cease fire? lmao really. thats why rockets are being fired still and bombs are being dropped? neither side know what a cease fire is right now.

yes, they might be fired still, but.......if there is an airlift going on, there is a space defined in advance that no artillery can pass thru so the airlift can go in and out without being endangered. so you might see stuff landing short of you, over you, or off to one side, that way the helicopter (and in wartime you'll see fixed wing) have an invisible "corridor" they can pass thru ;)

Oh wow, where did you get this info? Do you have a link or something where you read this?

my info comes from 20 years in the military. it's called planning an operation.

Oh wow, so you're working on this operation is that how you know about this cease fire?

you're way off base on most of your posting. nowhere did i state i had a thing to do with planning this operation that is ongoing.

what i'm citing is basic military planning. understand?

Well this is pretty serious and I don't want these women and families there to have false hope which is why I wanted to make sure your statements are concrete because I am worried about these people. I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning such hopeful statements?

I just want everyone to stay safe and get through this. My thoughts are with you all.

Edited by sarah and hicham

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well this is pretty serious and I don't want these women and families there to have false hope which is why I wanted to make sure your statements are concrete because I am worried about these people. I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning such hopeful statements?

let's put it this way

evacuations in a war zone are not just jump in a helicopter and fly from point a to point b, pick someone up, and fly back.

there are many things taken into consideration and planned for, much of it in this case thru diplomatic channels:

-air defense: enemy and "friendly" suppression or destruction of the enemy and controlling the "friendly" so it does not turn into fratricide

-artillery: enemy and "friendly" which is the case i cited previously. although it's like winning the lottery with the odds, it can happen that the helicopter flying along gets hit with an artillery round. and i'd bet my bottom dollar that the planning of this includes all the elements of the above (and the ones below) as the political fiasco that would result from an israeli artillery round hitting a helicopter full of american evacuees would make the political fallout of katrina/new orleans look like a boy scout jamboree.

- suppression or destruction of enemy ground forces near the landing zone (for obvious reasons)

- command and control of "friendly" forces near the landing zone (to prevent fratricide) for fire support/suppression of enemy forces and for assistance if helicopter(s) have mechanical difficulties.

-ingress/egress routes and alternates planned in case of oh ####### (meaning the enemy has moved in more air defense than a ####### dog has fleas).

- and so on. times, codes, frequencies, iff settings, etc. as you can see, it's not like going to the 7-11 and picking up a slurpee.

an evacuation takes a lot of planning and there is always murphy. but i am certain that the above and more is taking place because of the part i bolded.

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok, thanks. I was looking more into whether this cease fire for Americans is a sure thing so that those in Lebanon could know about it if they didn't already...

thanks though! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ok, thanks. I was looking more into whether this cease fire for Americans is a sure thing so that those in Lebanon could know about it if they didn't already...

thanks though! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

it's probably not a cease fire as you are thinking...more like a temporary cessation of friendly projectiles in a certain time/space :yes:

in other words, they just shoot somewhere else, not in the restricted airspace :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

so much for a 'temporary cease fire in evac zones' lol yea right. the us ship that is loading people is docked in beirut and they are doing heavy daytime raids there from air and sea. ha great thinkin tho. some are starting to wonder if it would be safer to just stay where you are instead of going into beirut with a LARGE group of americans. after all isnt that what part of our warning here always states 'americans should avoid areas where large amounts of americans are known to congrergate' lol yea evacuation my a$$. Im so proud to be an American.......ha.

in the end i think i still may go, but as of this mornin when i just called they told me they are taking priority cases first, those under 18 and people with medical problems and also people from the south and other areas targeted and they will connect us by phone when its our 'turn' great thinkin guys lol

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey Jess, glad you are making it ok. I think about you and your husband constantly and pray for your safety. I am glad you decided to go. I know it was a hard decision. I wish he could go with you. Keep us posted.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I hope you hear word soon that you may leave and that you arrive home safely to your son and family in the states. I can't get on here often but wanted you to know you are kept in my prayers.

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
well.....today is another day....same things. i have my passport back in my hands now thank God. We werent able to make it to the bank yet. the land road we planned to take if we left my land was destroyed today. my husband wants me to go when they evacuate. we are calling this 'my vacation' and God willing we will be back together as soon as virtually possible. i love my husband more then life itself, but at his request for my safety i will go. he can concentrate on keeping himself safe, without having to try and worry about keepimg me safe as well. he will hopefully go stay with his brother so he isnt alone, except in times he is using the internet, God willing there is still power, to talk with me daily. as long as the phone lines remain up we will talk on the phone every few hrs just a short hello and im okay. this is the hardest possible decision i have ever made in my life.
I believe in my heart we will be reunited soon. we are soul mates and soul mates never stray the hearts for very long, regardless of how
. please continue to pray for all involved in this, and pray that this is the right choice we are making. thank you for the continued thoughts and prayers.

awwwwwwwwwwww jess... i am reading this with tears in my eyes... from your pain and the trauma around you, you have said something very beautiful... it is breaking my heart to read of the turmoil there that you and georges are going through... i will continue praying for you... *hugs*

Lynne

Insha'Allah this will end soon - Jess, LB, LostinLove, WOM and everyone affected by this horrifying situation is in my thoughts and prayers... May Allah give you all the strength to get through this.

absolutely!!! i also will be praying for ya'll... your loved ones... family members, etc... and for the people that live there...

know that ya'll are loved... and thoughts and prayers are going out for you!

love you all!

Lynne

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I just wanted to let you all know that both of our families are still safe .. thank God.

However, one of Ali's friends got killed yesterday. Ali is having a real hard time being away from everything and not being able to do anything about it.

Allah Yerhamo.

On Friday at our masjid we are having a drive for the victims of Lebanon ... we did this for Pakistan (the earthquake) and Iraq (the war) and were really able to help.

I feel good that we are doing something that will be able to send food and such.

Jess,

My American Citizen Aunt and her family are in the same situation you are right now. They are not sure weather they want to get on that boat or not. It's a hard decision. Good luck and stay safe.

Massouna

Reunited and it feels so good ....

NOA #1 - March 23rd, 2004

Interview- May 18th, 2006 (Success !)

Arrived in the US - May 27, 2006 (our IR-1 visa journey was 2 years and 2 months long)

Wedding - June 17th, 2006

It's a Girl ! Baby Hana's expected due date - March 30th, 2007

591088.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

LB, I am so sorry to hear about Ali's friend. Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oon. inshaAllah the rest of your friends and family will stay safe.

Lostinlove, W_o_M, Jess, everything still ok with you and yours?

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

still around. waitin and waiting. trying to decide what to do. i guess we may go to the port in the morning early and wait and see if i can go then......also we are still trying to find out if he can go with me based on our marriage...ive got mixed answers, guess the only way ima find out if going there in person. we shall see.

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Timeline

just letting everyone know we are alright. we went to the embassy this morning i swear that was some funny sh!t. 7:30am 300 people lined up outside. it was a mess. these people hadnt been called to the embassy they just came, they dont expect to have everyone who wants to leave out til maybe monday . and i asked the consular about george and he told me they are trying not to seperate immidiate familes and it will be up to the consular at the boat whether he can go, and then he has to apply for humanitarian parole in cyprus...so please pray that this works, dear God please let this work. i need my husband!. people were fighting each other at the embassy today and screamin at the officers; i didnt fight with them because i think people that fight with them will be put on the bottom of the pile. dont want that lol......at least i can laugh a little today.......the stress is still there but at least they didnt say no right away. Inshallah this will be good news!!

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.