~Jess~

Scared

249 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Juliet Wurr spokesperson from the US embassy in Lebanon was talking by phone to CNN just now. Said 25,000 usc in Lebanon. The team that is supposed to coordinate the evacuation of USC's arrived by helicopter.

Jess, Please stay safe, I continue to pray for you and you husband, and family.

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

be smart or follow my heart? that is the two biggest issues. George wants me to go, as he says it with tears in his eyes and voice choking. he really has no one left here for him. it will hurt me more to leave him and i will be sicker with fear to leave him. my family have each other to comfort, i need to be here to comfort my husband, my soul mate.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jess it is a very tough decision, but I must say I would do the same. Gosh my heaert goes out to the both of you.

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Just checking in on you again....I don't know you but I wish you were safer. Every minute I'm watching the news I am hoping you are ok.

Keep posting often

Dawn

Edited by dawnnhatem

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jess, you & Georges are still in my thoughts and prayers daily... I hope that you are safe and that the situation calms down and resolves itself soon. I have another dear friend in Israel right now also, she is getting married there next Sunday. Her whole family is supposed to fly on Tuesday... they are waiting to see what our govn't says abt the situation and what happens up til Tues b4 departure time. I pray you are all safe....

Do what you must do in your heart and in your mind. Only you can know for sure, if you even *can* know for sure. Keep posting as you can... :innocent:

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jess I just turned on the news and saw that there are Marine missions evacuating the USC as you know. Did you get out? Are you going to? I hope you try to I know it's a difficult situation but I hope you stay safe. My thoughts are with you.

Sarah

Filed: Timeline
be smart or follow my heart? that is the two biggest issues. George wants me to go, as he says it with tears in his eyes and voice choking. he really has no one left here for him. it will hurt me more to leave him and i will be sicker with fear to leave him. my family have each other to comfort, i need to be here to comfort my husband, my soul mate.

Awww Jess. What I meant by "be smart" was exactly in your reply. I meant figure out what you NEED to do and then be safe, no matter what you choose. Girl, I know you are in a situation there. Just know people are praying for your safety, and the safety all involved.

Timeline

their is 2 heli's from the us military here 'assesing' the situation and 'working' on a plan to evacuate. 20 were flown to cyprus, all either embassy personel or civilians with dior medical issues.............no real plans made thus far. i am not sure what we will do. if i go to the embassy when they call for americans and they tell me george cant go because he was deported and needs a waiver and blah blah blah i will turn around and walk away after some pleading and begging and crying.........we will then call a car from syria God willing there are still roads open and we will try to make it to syria and from there try to find a safe country that may offer him refugee or asylum.......im not sure if canada will because of his criminal record, but it isnt a 'harsh crime' so we will just have to wait and see............................

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I got tears in my eyes keeping up with these posts Jess. I am praying for you and your husband to saty safe.

I am keeping up with the news too.

Is there anything, anything, any of us can do for you????

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

I Will tell you this right now, I wish I could be with Mustapha right now. It is absolute torture being here not knowing what is going on. When the phone line doesn't go through, I have to send a Text to make sure he is ok. I am watching the news all the time waiting for them to say it is all over. Is it ever going to be over. The country is destroyed, the people are destroyed. God give me the strength to get through this. Jess hang in there.

Timeline

omg i am so scared, angry, frustrated, you name it. they are currently as i type this they are bombing the airport again, we watched 20 bombs on lbc live. what is the point? we know we cant use the airport, why keep targetting it? oh why oh why! God please be with us all at this point. This is devestating

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Timeline
their is 2 heli's from the us military here 'assesing' the situation and 'working' on a plan to evacuate. 20 were flown to cyprus, all either embassy personel or civilians with dior medical issues.............no real plans made thus far. i am not sure what we will do. if i go to the embassy when they call for americans and they tell me george cant go because he was deported and needs a waiver and blah blah blah i will turn around and walk away after some pleading and begging and crying.........we will then call a car from syria God willing there are still roads open and we will try to make it to syria and from there try to find a safe country that may offer him refugee or asylum.......im not sure if canada will because of his criminal record, but it isnt a 'harsh crime' so we will just have to wait and see............................

I pray you and your husband get out of there safe. I know if it was me and I had to leave my husband behind - I would do the same thing. this is sooo unfair on top of a crisis we cant have our husbands join us.

its crazy. I feel for you - I have been worried about you.

omg i am so scared, angry, frustrated, you name it. they are currently as i type this they are bombing the airport again, we watched 20 bombs on lbc live. what is the point? we know we cant use the airport, why keep targetting it? oh why oh why! God please be with us all at this point. This is devestating

oh god you have 10001 blessings we are here to support you and your family.

I am about to cry.. :crying:

shon.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.