~Jess~

Scared

249 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, I am so grateful we have you Jackie to keep us updated. Since you have not heard, I will pray it is good news for her that she is safe and sound.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
(L) much love goes to her in this time... Jess is very strong (F) I don't know if I could have gotten through like she did... I am also sad because I know she will be sad that George is not with her..

keepin' tabs on ya girl!! stay safe

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

hi everyone. we arrived in turkey sometime around 9am this morning. we docked and i dunno what the hell they were doing until 1pm when we finally got off lol. but thankfully i went below deck because overnite i was on O3 which was the highest deck lol. I got to the port at 7am Sunday morning, finally got on a little boat at 1pm, and then a 20mins trip after the little boat finally filled up. at 2pm we got to the big boat and had to file in and sit on military cots while they passed out forms and water. we filled our forms out and they took our big luggage cause the stair ways are narrow and steep. we were on the USS Trenton by the way. old old ship. only ac was in some halls. i was alone and scared and even tho i made friends with some people everyone all of course asked why i was in lebanon and when i told them they asked me where we lived there and i told them that and they are like 'why did you leave its so safe there' and of course that made it worse.........a family i am guessing only because kids had the SAME EXACT situation as my husband except they dont think they prosecuted him for the marriage fraud, but he was on the ship and may be receiving hum. parole here in turkey! i lost it! so i spoke with the state dept here and she took my info and george's and they are gonna see what we can do. im not gettin my hopes up. i am plannin on returning Aug 15th, i cant stay away from him long. even if i get a flight into Jordan and we stay there for awhile, i hear the hotels are cheap but not sure. he dont want me to go to syria right now so we will see. 3wks is the most i can endure this for real. i am havin such a hard time.....but anyway back to the trip lol they fed us in the mess hall..and they gave us prepacked foods, and of course water water water........i slept on the floor on a military blanket in a square with a little blanket for a pillow and only a light sheet to cover with...and in the sea in the middle of the night it was freezing. but it was so hot yesterday and of course today so i guess the night bein cold was the best part............today we wait around on the boat all day, then they pull us off like 100 at a time, send us threw turkey customs stamp our passports, and but us on ac'd buses, told us we would have a 2hr ride to the airforce base and then we would go threw 2hrs process and then they gave us our rooms and stuff. got to our room and waited for our luggage, i went bought some stuff and a phone card, and waited around til midnight to call george finally. and then jumped online for the first time. we dont know when our flights will go out they said tomorrow or up to 72hrs. who knows. dunno even where im goin yet.............but i do know ill be back in lebanon very soon. unless of course the state dept will do something for me. k only 20mins time slots, ill be back when i can. take care.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey Jess, I've been hanging around all day waiting to see if you'd pop in. Glad to see you're safe in Turkey.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Timeline
hi everyone. we arrived in turkey sometime around 9am this morning. we docked and i dunno what the hell they were doing until 1pm when we finally got off lol. but thankfully i went below deck because overnite i was on O3 which was the highest deck lol. I got to the port at 7am Sunday morning, finally got on a little boat at 1pm, and then a 20mins trip after the little boat finally filled up. at 2pm we got to the big boat and had to file in and sit on military cots while they passed out forms and water. we filled our forms out and they took our big luggage cause the stair ways are narrow and steep. we were on the USS Trenton by the way. old old ship. only ac was in some halls. i was alone and scared and even tho i made friends with some people everyone all of course asked why i was in lebanon and when i told them they asked me where we lived there and i told them that and they are like 'why did you leave its so safe there' and of course that made it worse.........a family i am guessing only because kids had the SAME EXACT situation as my husband except they dont think they prosecuted him for the marriage fraud, but he was on the ship and may be receiving hum. parole here in turkey! i lost it! so i spoke with the state dept here and she took my info and george's and they are gonna see what we can do. im not gettin my hopes up. i am plannin on returning Aug 15th, i cant stay away from him long. even if i get a flight into Jordan and we stay there for awhile, i hear the hotels are cheap but not sure. he dont want me to go to syria right now so we will see. 3wks is the most i can endure this for real. i am havin such a hard time.....but anyway back to the trip lol they fed us in the mess hall..and they gave us prepacked foods, and of course water water water........i slept on the floor on a military blanket in a square with a little blanket for a pillow and only a light sheet to cover with...and in the sea in the middle of the night it was freezing. but it was so hot yesterday and of course today so i guess the night bein cold was the best part............today we wait around on the boat all day, then they pull us off like 100 at a time, send us threw turkey customs stamp our passports, and but us on ac'd buses, told us we would have a 2hr ride to the airforce base and then we would go threw 2hrs process and then they gave us our rooms and stuff. got to our room and waited for our luggage, i went bought some stuff and a phone card, and waited around til midnight to call george finally. and then jumped online for the first time. we dont know when our flights will go out they said tomorrow or up to 72hrs. who knows. dunno even where im goin yet.............but i do know ill be back in lebanon very soon. unless of course the state dept will do something for me. k only 20mins time slots, ill be back when i can. take care.

I'm glad you're well (F)

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

thats quite a post for 20minutes!!

Jess, I am glad you are safe - keep taking care of yourself and post when you can. Turkey? ok. Just try to get some rest and have a safe trip tomorrow. We are all looking forward to you being home soon

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Jess, glad to hear you are being so brave and strong thru this horrible experience....thanks for keeping us updated...inshallah you and george will be reunited soon..Keep your head up girl!

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So glad to hear from you Jess... stay strong, you'll be safe *&* w/ Georges again soon, insh'allah. check in again when you can. (F):star:

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.