~Jess~

Scared

249 posts in this topic

Jess, They say that god will not give you more than you can handle (although he likes to push it sometimes)

I will keep you both in my prayers.

amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm sorry things aren't going the way you had hoped. November isn't that far away and if he has family in Saudi, I wouldn't think moving ther would be so difficult for him. It could even be a good move and maybe in November you could be returning to him there. Anyway, you will have better birthdays so I wouldn't even think about that now. Just have a safe trip and try to find some comfort in knowing that you really did do absolutely everything you could do and more than a lot of others would be brave enough to try. It will be ok you will see.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

i wish you nothing less than the safest of travels and the quickest of reunions with your love.

all the best!

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Music___Lennon___Imagine_by_jjjean6.png

Faith: not wanting to know what is true.~Nietzsche~

“The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”

~Winston Churchill~

text___just_be_animated_colour_by_j.gif

line_bar_12d.gifline_bar_12d.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh Jess I am so sorry this has turned out this way. I know you want you husband with you. just_waitng is right. We dont know what lies around the corner for us. Take one day at a time.

I know is is easy to say, yet you are the one living in the nightmare right now. Please know many are praying for both of yours safety. That is of the upmost inportance right now.

I am so sorry you were treated so badly by the CO. I hope you will be able to get things going once you are back in the states. There is still hope Jess, dont give up.

Please take care, I care and I continue to pray for you and your husband's safety.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh Jess, I am crying for you now... real tears as I type this as though it's me leaving my love for the safety of american soil. I am sooo sooo sorry you are having to endure this pain, but as many have stated, you will come out stronger and inch'allah, things will look different for the next step of this damn fight. I pray you and Georges will be reunited soon and that the CO you spoke to was just having a really crappy day and took it out on you. Stay safe and you are constantly in my thoughts.... please check in when you can... we'll be looking for your posts. TREK SALAMA SISTER.... MAY GOD BE WITH YOU. (F)(L)(F)

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

:(

I was hoping to see one more post from her before leaving

Hatem & Dawn

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Timeline
:(

I was hoping to see one more post from her before leaving

me too Dawn, i keep checking in and wondering if she's at the port yet... been breaking out in bursts of tears periodically today just thinking of how terrifying her situation is and how brave she must be. (F) I pray she gets to safety soon and is reunited w/ Georges before long. (L)

There was some dang war movie on tonite (can't remember the name, but Owen Wilson is in it w/ Gene Hackman - takes place in Bosnia I think) - anyway, I just kept seeing Lebanon in the movie (metaphorically) and all the destruction and innocent victims.... it was heartbreaking... :crying:

Jess, I pray you are out of there and safe soon....

Noura

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

Filed: Timeline

Jess and I have logged many hours together over the last 12 days. We said our goodbyes last night. She was hoping to evacuate today but there are no guarantees. If I hear from her or her mother, I will post on this thread that she is safe.

Keep Jess in your prayers as she attempts to leave Lebanon.

Jackie

Timeline

Jackie thanks for the update, and thank you also for being there w/ her online over the last 12 days. I'm sure this has been a harrowing experience many average americans will never go thru (alhamdoulillah). Jess is in my constant thoughts and prayers. I woke up this morning (went to bed last nite too- wondering) wondering if she made it on the boat. I'm anxiously awaiting news...

and steady praying for her and her family. (F)

Noura

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you so much Jackie. I have been looking for her updates. I am hoping she got out safely. They will certainly remain in my prayers.

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

Timeline

No news? Jackie, I think its great that you have contact with Jess and her mom too. If Jess wasn't on her way, I think you would have heard from at least her mom. Its not very comforting to go so long without an update, but with you having connection with her family I guess we can all be confident that Jess is simply taking a very long but safe trip home. Hope so

Hatem & Dawn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.