~Jess~

Scared

249 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

we have runnin water still. things like i said are pretty much alright in this area. i mean people are scared and we can hear the bombs, but it cant compare to the other areas. we are just taking each day hour by hour right now.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
we have runnin water still. things like i said are pretty much alright in this area. i mean people are scared and we can hear the bombs, but it cant compare to the other areas. we are just taking each day hour by hour right now.

Jess, I'd like to respectfully add my wishes and prayers for you and your loved ones as well. I sincerely hope this is resolved quickly so that the healing process can begin on all sides.

12/5/05 Sent I129F Petition to Nebraska via Express Mail

12/6/05 Packaged received at 10:38 am in Nebraska

12/9/05 Check cashed (Never been so happy to have money leave my account)

12/12/05 Receive NOA1 snail mail - 30-60 day processing estimate

01/04/06 Receive NOA2 via e-mail

1/20/06 NVC letter in mail...will ship within a week.

2/1/06 Packet 3 and 4 in the mail

3/15/06 Interview - neither approved nor declined need to send in Migratory Movement Certificate AP

3/20/06 Migratory Movement Certificate for myself and fiancee sent to US Embassy in Lima

3/23/06 Visa Approved

5/19/06 I leave for Peru to pick up mi amor

5/25/06 Lucia and I arrive in Chicago

7/01/06 Legal Marriage

9/09/06 Religious Wedding

Filed: Timeline

canned food (particularly canned fruit - you can drink the juice) and uht milk if needed. get nothing that requires refrigeration. if you get something that will spoil eat it first, like fruit.

do you have a bathtub there? if so, fill it up with water if such is still running. it makes a handy reservoir in case the water goes out later on

Excellent ideas. Fill extra containers with fresh water for drinking. Take water with you when you try to get on the ship. Who knows how long it will be until you have more. If I were in your shoes, I'd pack a rolling suitcase with canned goods (and can opener) to take with you to cypress. Things will be crazy there. Blankets might be a good idea also. All you need are basic clothes; don't waste room on everything.

Diane

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

any news? Everytime the news says x-thousand people will be evacuated today and x tomorrow, I keep wondering if one of those is you. They were saying that you can only take 30 pounds of luggage so I don't know how much of that you want to be food and water but hopefully your stop in cyprus will be brief enough that it won't matter.

Nothing else useful to add, I'm just seeing how you are doing. I hope you check in soon.

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Timeline

No if i do leave i wont be able to post until i am in the states unfort. i think if i dont get the call we will go to the port on sunday early in the morning and wait it out. i am praying and praying they will allow George to get to Cyprus with me, so we shall see. im sure if we lied to them and told them we wanted to get a flight to Jordan or something they may let him go, but i can lie to the embassy lol when i really plan on applying for him to go home with me. ive done a lot of reading on humaintarian parole and today we will call the Cyprus US embassy and see what they can do for us if he is able to get there. we will be carrying lots of water with us, we have bottles in the freezer so we are able to add water to them and let them stay cold longer. and as for food im not sure what we will take to the wait point, prolly just some nuts and chips and some dry cereal. we will see what else we can grab. ill update more later. thank you for the continued thoughts and prayers

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

jess, if you're able to get a flight home you may be able to connect to internet at certain airports I know london gatwick is good for that.. put in some change and you get access..

hope everything works out :luv:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good luck Jess and George. I am constantly thinking of you and the situation you are in and hoping every second that you will both be able to leave together.

Timeline

Thank you. i really do appriciate it!

Jan 11-Divorce final

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.