tany1157

How did we all meet our loved one??

73 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
Was just curious how we all met our foreign loves....I met mine online. Even though this seems common today, I don't love to tell everyone I met someone online...does anyone else have these same feelings? My family has no issues with it, what do you all think? Are we crazy for falling in love with people that are so far away? LOL I would never date someone outside a 50 mile radius of me...but when Ouadia and I met through a dating web site, he was so nice and day after day, we would talk, never missing a day, and one thing led to another, and before I knew it, I was in morocco staying with him and his family for a month. I still can't believe I am having a relationship like this, he isn't perfect, but he is the man I have been looking for, and he feels the same. It is very difficult at times of course, but I know that what is waiting at the end of this journey is worth it! Just wanted to hear other stories, and connect! :D

I met my husband on a language exchange website. I was trying to learn French and he volunteered to help me, if I helped him with his English. We chatted with webcam for about 6 months before I went to Algeria to meet him.

I am the same way about telling people I met him online. I do tell people then it opens the floodgate to a lot of other questions and I seem to be telling the same story over and over. Recently I had a case of "tennis elbow" (don't play tennis) and had to do a round of physical therapy. There was a 70 yr old man getting therapy right next to me and he asked me why I wear my hijab. I explained and he asked me where my husband is from and I said Algeria. I thought "here we go". Anyway, he asked how we met and I hated to tell this elderly man I met him online cause I was sure he would have nothing good to say. I went ahead and told him that I met Hachemi online. The next thing out of his mouth was, "Well I met my wife online too." I just about fell out of my chair. :lol: He said she was Canadian and he did the fiance visa to bring her here.

Meriem (F)

OMG, that is so awesome!! (about the older man) LOL My older sister met her husband online, and they have been married for 9 years now. Sometimes when God has a plan, it is NOT the plan you ever expected for yourself, but I trust in God, and difficult or not, this is the best thing that has happened to me, next to having my son of course!

True that and alhamdoliallah. I met my husband while visiting my dad's side of the family in Morocco :)

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I met my husband online almost 5 1/2 yrs ago. It was an international site and I had only

been to it a couple of times. Was surprised when he just started a conversation as I usually

wouldn't chat with someone I didn't know. At first I just said "hi" and honest to Pete the

rest is history! Was like that song "you had me from hello"!

We will be married 3 yrs next month! He still "has me from hello"! :luv:

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I met my husband online almost 5 1/2 yrs ago. It was an international site and I had only

been to it a couple of times. Was surprised when he just started a conversation as I usually

wouldn't chat with someone I didn't know. At first I just said "hi" and honest to Pete the

rest is history! Was like that song "you had me from hello"!

We will be married 3 yrs next month! He still "has me from hello"! :luv:

wow, my fiance sent me that song in the beginning of our courtship, and I knew it was love at first sight, but I would not admit it for a while....LOL I only care what my family thinks, and they are all very supportive. They just want me to be happy. My parents are going to let him stay at their house until he is able to work, and are helping me co-sponsor him. Really, I feel so lucky to have all the support I have. But I don't let anyone else know, because too many will judge and are cynical...I don't need any negative and unwarrented advice from people who don't care about me! That's why I'm glad there are so many people on here who are supportive and understanding! (L)

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

I must admit I love this question!

I met my Finnish husband in February 1988 at a youth hostel in Sydney, Australia. The rest is below in my signature!

Our timeline:

2/88: We met in Sydney, Australia at a youth hostel! He's Finnish, I'm American-both were in our early 20s at the time and fresh out of college (so couldn't afford to visit each other's countries after that!). We had a three-day romance, then went our separate ways. He actually was going to Sydney a week later, but decided at the last minute to cut his trip short in another country and go early. Wow.

1988-1998: Wrote "snail mail" letters/sent Xmas cards, but lived our separate lives. I married someone else, divorced in 2006...he lived with someone for years and then that ended.

10/08: Because of a series of random life events, I Googled my Finn Man and found him (but no link to his email, and the website his name was on was in Estonian so I couldn't even read it!). It took me two weeks to find a link to someone else, who forwarded my email to him (we were both single at the time thankfully!!!!). The email went to his spam folder but he happened to check it that day and responded back to me immediately! This was after 10 years of no contact and almost 21 years of not seeing each other after we first met.

11/08-5/09: We traveled back and forth to visit each other. Love at first (second?) sight!

7/09: Married in Helsinki, Finland...after meeting randomly 21 1/2 years ago and finding each other again!!!!!

8/13/09: I-130 sent!!!!!!!!!

Rest is on my timeline!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Met online... but he saw my profile on Yahoo 360 via my cousin's profile (they were friends on yahoo 360) and we started talking (more details in the "introductions" topic in this forum.) And yeah, I too feel a bit odd mentioning that I met him online, so I say we met through my cousin, which isn't entirely a lie. lol. The story about the old man?! Hilarious!!! Really cool actually.

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

Marriage : 2008-07-12

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-02

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-20

NVC Received : 2009-01-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-01

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-02-03

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-27

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-05

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-19

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-25

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-03-17

Packet 4 Received : 2009-03-24

Interview Date : 2009-05-19!!!!!!!!!!! Pray for a quick approval and no AP!!!

Visa in Hand: 2009-05-20!!! Thank you god! Now I wish he would just come to the US sooner... miss him...grrr.

Point of Entry: Chicago O'Hare Airport October , 16th 2009!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

the story is all about chance....

My Story

I had lived in egypt for 4 months in 2008... all in SHARM EL SHIEK (not really that down-to-earth kinda place)

I got so FRUSTRATED fromt the life there and left....

Turned out i missed being free and out of the US and away from all family/friend drama here...

I returned New Years EVE 2008 in Cairo then travelled to Sharm (for what reason?? I don't know)

I went to a Hotel to see about p0ossible work... In Nabq....

My Husband's story.....

He was previously working in NAP (national AIDS program)....

then working in Cairo his home... he got sick of drama from co-workers...

He volunteered to work in Marsa ALAM 800k south of Cairo along the red sea...

He had a good position and good salary, but his friends called and said they needed a doctor to cover a hotel where the GM kept firing people working in the clinic...

He really had no reason to go but he went...

Via the hotel... and the fact that he is the only SANE man in Sharm...

we started to go out at night just to have some latte or sumthing and talk...

and I was very happy that he is muslim and normal... as i am a muslim since 2006... and i want a islamic based relationship.. however he didn't get the hints that i was muslim until almost my trip to visit alexandria..

I had a plan to go to Alexandria for a week or so... when he confronted me with his heart....

HE WANTED TO MARRY ME....

I went on my trip and 5 days later i came back and we left the hotel walking hand-in-hand....

our first kiss was on our religious wedding night.... (never thought something so dreamy could happen to me)

(we couldn't get married cuz i was 20 so we lived together 5 months and then got married the day after my 21st b-day)

So, somehow someway we found each other... We each have each other's heart, love, respect and trust....

the only thing that scares me sometimes is the thought of all the odds of missing out on such a wonderful thing....

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

I loved reading how everyone met.

I met Deus while in Tanzania at a night club. He bought me a drink and we went on our way. Later that night we danced and talked for a while. He told me he sold newspapers on the street and I was ok with that. I think that is when I won his heart. He typed his number in my friends I-Phone but one of the digits got erased. I did not find this out until I tried to call him the next day. That night I had a dream that I would see him in town before I left Tanzania. Three days had passed and nothing. 18 hrs before I was scheduled to leave TZ to go to Kenya I was walking through town and heard someone calling my name. It was Deus. My dream was right. I did leave the next day for Kenya but he met me up there and we spend a few days together before I headed back to the U.S. I am back in the U.S. But I left my heart in TZ with Deus. End of Story for now!!

event.png

event.png

well, i met my hubby online.. on a dating site.. asianeuro.com.. then now we are in our visa journey... :dance::luv:(L)(F)

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

We were introduced by a mutual friend and spent two years getting to know each other long distance.

I came to Egypt May 27th, we got married June 10th (and 11th if you include getting all of the stamps).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

we met online, zorpia.com. Houcine messged me, and I, reluctanty, replied. Well, for 2 weeks we chatted, then he called me while we were chatting on MSN. SCARED me to death. Here's this foreign man talking to me on the phone. (I first gave him a phony phone number, then my real one LOL). But....as the story goes....love at first chat! That was July of 08 and in of September I flew off to Morocco where I met my love face to face and I havent been the same since. Love is so COOL!! We got engaged, had fest there, I returned home and filed papers. I am off to Morocco again in December so we can get married there. My mom is going with me this time (I am the baby and for her not to be there at my wedding, well..... you know mom's) to meet the family and experience Morocco at its best.

Edited by Rach and Houcine

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.