*Maureen*

Friday

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Having a couple come over for iftar tonight so going to great lengths to cook something special... hirara, moroccan bread, tagine... gotta come up with a dessert too yikes!!! that's where I fail.

In a pinch, I usually make bread pudding, which is always a crowd pleaser!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Having a couple come over for iftar tonight so going to great lengths to cook something special... hirara, moroccan bread, tagine... gotta come up with a dessert too yikes!!! that's where I fail.

you know i don't know how to make that... perhaps i'll check it out thanks!

Timeline

Sure...it has all of those Moroccany flavors, so it goes well with a Moroccan meal, IMO.

And most importantly, it's super-easy, as desserts go!

Edited by Jenn!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sure...it has all of those Moroccany flavors, so it goes well with a Moroccan meal, IMO.

And most importantly, it's super-easy, as desserts go!

I am googling it as we speak.. gotta get my list ready. Thanks a bunch!

Filed: Timeline

sigh~~ The meeting was normal, no announcments. Business as usual. After the meeting they asked me to work 10-3 instead of 1-6pm. My boss left, still no scedule from her. She comes back at 2:30, I'm getting ready to leave and had to muster the courage to come right out and ask. So I say, 'is there a scedule, nod yes or no.'

She SHRUGGED her shoulders. :huh: At that point my tears came. She told me not to worry, it is not me. I'm safe. Not quite sure what that means, but at least I'm employed awhile longer.

I work tommorrow 9-4pm...I was verbally told to come Monday on Labor Day ...then I have no flippin clue what's going on.

It is typical to let someone work thru a weekend and/or holiday then let them go. So, I will keep my chin up til then and keep on selling. I have given it to God. If it is gonna happen it will and I will adjust my life accordingly.

Thank you ALL from the bottom of my heart for your well wishes and words of support. (L) You really don't know how much it means to me to see. pass da kleenex.

jJ (F)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
(F) (F) (F) (F) (F) For you, Jackie. I got a feeling everything is going to work out ok.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
(F)(F)(F)(F)(F) For you, Jackie. I got a feeling everything is going to work out ok.

I agree with Nagi, inshaAllah whatever happens will work out for the best for you, Jackie. In the mean while...stay stronge and we are here for you always. Hugs. (F)

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm glad you're ok for now Jackie. Geez your line of work seems to be really hurting these days. I hope things look up soon! Wish you worked here since I am getting new carpets in the girls' rooms. They want me just to pull the rugs up and leave the hardwood floors but to me a bedroom needs to be cozy with a soft carpet, you know?

My house is a complete mess. :help: There's no way that I can clean it. Every bone in my body hurts. I almost broke my fast today to take some ultram but I kept on and oh boy the pain! :blink::blink::blink: I have to think of something to bribe my kids with so they can get r done. My husband's at work, little one's playing her Nancy Drew game (she's obsessed!!! there's notes all over the house with hints, etc.), and the older one is at an end of the summer bonfire down at the beach. Next weekend hubby will be away at Cairo and kids will be with their dad. Whatever will I do with myself? :devil: Chinese food (he hates chinese), couple of girly movies, box of kleenex, the possibilities are endless!!! I will miss him tons though. :crying: I know I'm going to worry like crazy that some rendition type thing will make him not come home.

Did anyone else have this unfounded fear that something bad would happen to keep their husband from coming back home? I keep thinking of horrible scenarios. :unsure:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Timeline

Bridget, I think that fear normal considering the visa process and how crappy it was. You don't want to have to be separated again for any reason. (F)

I had a fabulous day with my bff. Worked a whole hour and a half, had pedis, ate puffy tacos, drank huge margaritas then took a two hour nap. Ahhhh....

Timeline
Bridget, I think that fear normal considering the visa process and how crappy it was. You don't want to have to be separated again for any reason. (F)

Plus, I know you watched that Rendition movie. Made me nervous too, but it was just a movie!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.