31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Did she state that she was married when she got her visa. If not, I think you should just mention that you got married here and go from there.

Aside from the fraud aspect of this course of action, it also is impossible to pull off. You would have to have a marriage certificate with a date in the period for which your wife is here. This can of worms would get bigger and uglier faster than you could imagine.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did she state that she was married when she got her visa. If not, I think you should just mention that you got married here and go from there.

Why do people think it is okay to lie to get immigration benefits? #######?

Unfortunately that's the world we live in many have the philosophy, "If it doesn't hurt anyone and it benefits me then it's ok".

It's a sad state of affairs.

Immigration fraud does hurt people. Government resources devoted to root out fraud is a diversion of resources from other cases. Fraud also results in delays for all of us. There was a Vietnamese fiancee fraud ring in Seattle a few years ago. The result was that the US consulate in HCMC stopped issuing K1 visas for about six months.

I agree, but in the mind of the fraudulent one, no one is really getting hurt.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: Timeline

I agree with the people (sorry so many posts on here to mention all names!) who said that the OP should consult a lawyer and definitely NOT lie anymore.

I do think it in the end will only hurt the OP's chances, not ours so lets try to give the best advice possible without judging. I have seen, as has everyone, many different cases on here. Each individual has a different story, and not all AOS from VWP cases are fraudulent! Mine in case :)

I know there are many tensions between the K-1 filers and Adjusters from a VWP. But its like this, if two people are going for a job at a company, one studied arr Hardvard, the other at Brown, and they both get given a position. Should the one at Harvard bag out the one who went to Brown just because they thought their method was better?? No! If the US law allows it, who are we to judge and discriminate, coz if we do, we shouldnt be living in a country where EVERYONE has freedom and we need to get used to the fact that we won't like everything that is going on around us, but it could be worse! We could be living in a war torn, poverty stricken country! Lets learn to get along and help out where possible.

As for the OP, please please dont lie anymore! (your wife, sorry). if you Adjust your status, they do a background check on you. We've all had the BC! The US DHS has seen many many fraudulent cases, some happen to get through, but some dont. If you have a genuine desire to live in the US. A GOOD immigration lawyer will be able to help you (some can be bad).

Best of luck!

:)

My wife lied to immigration about my residence in the u.s. She received a b2 visa for 5years. She came her and received 6 month i-94 and now she is pregnant with our child. she is almost 6 months pregnant. We are thinking of filing an extension for her so she can have the baby here. I will get my citizenship with in 4-5 months. My question is. Should She leave now and then come back when i file for her green card? Or can she stay on her extended visa and i file for her once i get my citizenship

Your wife really screwed up.

First, your wife lied to get a tourist visa. Even though she entered the US on what appears to be a valid visa on its face, it was procured through fraud - thus the visa is invalid and revoked because of the fraud. You are asking if she can extend it. Most likely yes if you continue the fraud. However, giving you advice on how to violate the law and continue this fraud would be a violation of the terms of use on this site.

Second, what does your wife plan to tell the immigration folks as to why she want an extension? She plan on telling them that she wants to stay with her husband? That would contradict what she said to procure the visa. Does she plan to lie again that she is just visiting the US? This may constitute another violation of immigration fraud.

Third, when your wife is interviewed for an immigration visa what does she intend to tell them about her trip to the US? Is she going to tell them that she came to visit you? Would it contradict what she said in procuring a tourist visa? This will probably bite her in the behind and result in a ban from the US.

Go consult an immigration lawyer. You screw with the system and the system will screw you back. Does your wife expect to benefit from the immigration system when she lies and procured a tourist visa through fraud?

i agree

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Unless a competent immigration lawyer advises otherwise, she needs to return home by the expiration of her I-94. The lie has been told, and can't be undone. Getting her back in the country will be easier when the OP becomes a citizen. Then you can petition for permission for her to apply for a spousal visa.

If she stays and you try to obtain a green card for her, USCIS will find out that she was not legally here to begin with, and she'll have to pay the penalty for lying.

shareef,it sounds to me like you are here as an immigrant on a greencard.have you filed for n-400 as yet?i was in us for 45 years before i filed my n-400.the day i recieved my certificate i filed the k1 visa for my fiance.total time was about 18 months from time i filed n400 nto the time she arrived legally.i cant tell you what to do about her now but sounds like if shes caught shell be banned for at least afew years.see a lawyer now,do not wait

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I think it would depend in what the OP is talking about? Because he didn't mention get the extension and then Adjust Status, he could do the CR1 process and she would have to go back to her country for her interview.

In my opinion he's just confused and wants to now what he could do.

It's possible to get a tourist visa being married to an american citizen (or resident) without lying I did it and I came to the States visiting like that many times without having trouble.

The fact that she lied is a problem tho, lies usually catch up to you and even more with immigration cause they keep record of everything.

I wish you the best of lucks.

Naturalization

01/09/19 Filled online

01/10/19 NOA date/showed under documents online

01/12/19 Showed online Biometrics appointment had been created

01/15/19 Received NOA in the mail

01/15/19 Biometrics appointment showed under documents online

01/18/19 Received Biometrics appointment in the mail

01/29/19 Biometrics Appointment @Dallas

02/08/19 Interview appointment was scheduled 

03/19/19 Interview @ Fort Smith, AR (passed)

07/04/19 Naturalization Ceremony

It’s just unclear what he meant when he said; she lied about my residency in the US. Does that mean she stated he lived somewhere else (not in the USA) or she meant different state than the one he was living? Were they married overseas already when she applied or they got married here after she entered the US. In my opinion, people should stop commenting till we hear more info from the poster.

I-130/I129f

6/14/2008 Sent to Chicago lockboxt

6/18/2008 received by USCIS

6//27/2008 NOA1

8/14/2009 upgarded the I-130 to immedi Reltive

8/25/2009 send I-129F

9/2/2009 NOA1 for I-129f received

9/10/2009 sent expedite request.

9/16/2009 first Touch since 6/27/2008

9/16 129f and I-130 Approved

9/22 Hard copies received

9/23/2009 NVC received my I29f/K3 still waiting for the I130

9/24 I29f sent to embassy

10/05 NVC case number assigned to my I-130

10/7 received DS3032 and AOS email

10/7 Sent DS-3032 by email and mail.

10/7 paid AOS

10/9/2009 AOS sent

10/9/2009 expedite request accepted, login failed, case sent to the Eabassy

11/22/2009 Interview

11/24/2009 Visa issued

11/29/2009 arrived to the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello, I hope my insight help you out something. My recommendation is the following one: Do not ask NEVER EXTENSION OF VISA B-2 STATUS. For USCIS is very clear that the person is going or has an intention of staying in the U.S. You are going to become U.S. citizen in a while. Please do not feel that you liked to USCIS, all the people or at least the most tell that they are not going to come to live, just to visit. That was always my case, I filled out the form just to visit my family and go to vacation, that always was the excuse, and of course , I did it , but I was trying to fall in love with an american girl and that it already happened to me, thanks to God. I recommend you if your wife is here, PLEASE IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO ASK EXTENSION OF STATUS OF VISA B-2, SHE HAS TO STAY HERE AND ANYWAY, SHE IS GOING TO GET MARRY WITH A FUTURE U.S CITIZEN, SO EVERYTHING IS GOING TO ERASE AWAY EASILY WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM, WHEN YOU BECOME A U.S. CITIZEN. THE CLEAR THING IS THAT TELL YOUR WIFE TO KEEP SAFELY HER I-94 AND TAKE SEVERAL COPIES, THAT IT IS THE ONLY PROBE THAT SHE ENTERED THE U.S LEGALLY WITH VISA. EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK WHEN YOU GET MARRY WITH HER. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOU ATTENTION, I HOPE THE BEST OF THE LUCK BYE,

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

If you and your Wife want to create a stable, happy life for your child you both have to face up to what she has done. You cant keep going wit the lies because they WILL catch up to you both.

Having her stay here illegally will only hurt her in the long run, and unlike what jcrom advises, it WILL effect her down the line, if she leaves before the expiration of her I-94 it will be alot easier.

USCIS dont forgive FRAUD like it is a couple days overstay. Talk to a Lawyer and think about what is best in the long run.

Edited by Nicoxcx

29/06/2004 Met online

24/10/2004- Officially started dating!

-Various Trips Between the USA and Scotland-

25/12/2007- Steven Proposed, and gave me a lovely Ring!

29/02/2008- Sent I-129F to VSC

22/09/2008-1pm - Recieved Visa!

04/11/2008 -Steven comes back to Scotland for the Celebrations!

09/11/2008- We return home together!

23/01/2009- Wedding!!!

Your I-129f was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

Preparing AOS Forms.

09/4/2009- Sent AOS

11/4/2009- Received and signed for

20/4/2009- Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP (Dated April 17th)

20/4/2009- USCIS cashed check for $1010

09/5/2009- Biometrics

11/5/2009- Case transferred to CSC

05/6/2009- Received AP

09/6/2009- Received EAD

22/7/2009- Approved!

27/7/2009- Greencard in Hand

Removal of Conditions.

15/5/2011- Received @ VSC

23/5/2011-NOA1

12/07/2011- Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello Buddy, I would like to round up my idea. My idea is that you are not lying to USCIS; DO NOT THINK THAT THEY ARE DUMB THAT THEY ARE NOT TO REALIZE THAT YOUR WIFE IF ASK FOR EXTENSION ON HER VISA B2 OF TOURIST/BUSINESS PERSON, THEY ARE NOT TO REALIZE THAT THEY WANT TO STAY. Indeed, they are going to realize that the person wants to stay here in the U.S. ; even more, I think that NOT to everybody USCIS give the special extension of the 6 months of the B-2 Visa. However, if you think is necessary, you can do it. What I tell you that your case is really not to be like drowning insida a glass of water. Your wife come to here, she wanted to stay and you are going to help her out. Each person has the right to fight to be in the country; of course, tryint to do it with the best way always on the immigration LAWS. I apologize if somebody here get upset or feel frustrated. This is my personal opinion, I respect all the opinion of the other people, but I don't think that She is committing a Fraud staying in the country to have the baby. It is really my personal opinion, I hope you can get your best input from the opinion of each person here, thanks and bye,

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you can't afford an immigration attorney (I know a lot of people can't), google and try to find a Legal Aid that is closer to your location. THey usually have pro bono attorneys that can help you and at least give you some guidance on your situation and how to proceed.

02/2001 - Met in Europe

08/2004 - Moved to USA

08/2007 - Married in Brazil

09/2007 - Submitted AOS to VSC

12/2007 - AOS approved

09/2009 - Submitted I-751 to CSC

10/2009 - ROC approved (1 month 2 days from receipt date)

12/2010 - Submitted N400

01/2011 - Biometrics (twice)

02/2011 - Citizenship Interview and Civics Test

04/2011 - Oath Ceremony/American Citizen

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Each person has the right to fight to be in the country; of course, tryint to do it with the best way always on the immigration LAWS....but I don't think that She is committing a Fraud staying in the country to have the baby. It is really my personal opinion, I hope you can get your best input from the opinion of each person here, thanks and bye,

this from the guy who said his tourist visa was an excuse to try to find some American girl to marry.

it's what we call dilution of morality into relativism. for people like this, it's anything goes, as long as they get what they want.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello, I hope my insight help you out something. My recommendation is the following one: Do not ask NEVER EXTENSION OF VISA B-2 STATUS. For USCIS is very clear that the person is going or has an intention of staying in the U.S. You are going to become U.S. citizen in a while. Please do not feel that you liked to USCIS, all the people or at least the most tell that they are not going to come to live, just to visit. That was always my case, I filled out the form just to visit my family and go to vacation, that always was the excuse, and of course , I did it , but I was trying to fall in love with an american girl and that it already happened to me, thanks to God. I recommend you if your wife is here, PLEASE IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO ASK EXTENSION OF STATUS OF VISA B-2, SHE HAS TO STAY HERE AND ANYWAY, SHE IS GOING TO GET MARRY WITH A FUTURE U.S CITIZEN, SO EVERYTHING IS GOING TO ERASE AWAY EASILY WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM, WHEN YOU BECOME A U.S. CITIZEN. THE CLEAR THING IS THAT TELL YOUR WIFE TO KEEP SAFELY HER I-94 AND TAKE SEVERAL COPIES, THAT IT IS THE ONLY PROBE THAT SHE ENTERED THE U.S LEGALLY WITH VISA. EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK WHEN YOU GET MARRY WITH HER. THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOU ATTENTION, I HOPE THE BEST OF THE LUCK BYE,

Interesting....you "did it" and now you're here offering advice? :blink: "Do as I suggest, not as I did"...is that your advice?

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.