31 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

My wife lied to immigration about my residence in the u.s. She received a b2 visa for 5years. She came her and received 6 month i-94 and now she is pregnant with our child. she is almost 6 months pregnant. We are thinking of filing an extension for her so she can have the baby here. I will get my citizenship with in 4-5 months. My question is. Should She leave now and then come back when i file for her green card? Or can she stay on her extended visa and i file for her once i get my citizenship

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

uh....damn.

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
My wife lied to immigration about my residence in the u.s. She received a b2 visa for 5years. She came her and received 6 month i-94 and now she is pregnant with our child. she is almost 6 months pregnant. We are thinking of filing an extension for her so she can have the baby here. I will get my citizenship with in 4-5 months. My question is. Should She leave now and then come back when i file for her green card? Or can she stay on her extended visa and i file for her once i get my citizenship

Your wife really screwed up.

First, your wife lied to get a tourist visa. Even though she entered the US on what appears to be a valid visa on its face, it was procured through fraud - thus the visa is invalid and revoked because of the fraud. You are asking if she can extend it. Most likely yes if you continue the fraud. However, giving you advice on how to violate the law and continue this fraud would be a violation of the terms of use on this site.

Second, what does your wife plan to tell the immigration folks as to why she want an extension? She plan on telling them that she wants to stay with her husband? That would contradict what she said to procure the visa. Does she plan to lie again that she is just visiting the US? This may constitute another violation of immigration fraud.

Third, when your wife is interviewed for an immigration visa what does she intend to tell them about her trip to the US? Is she going to tell them that she came to visit you? Would it contradict what she said in procuring a tourist visa? This will probably bite her in the behind and result in a ban from the US.

Go consult an immigration lawyer. You screw with the system and the system will screw you back. Does your wife expect to benefit from the immigration system when she lies and procured a tourist visa through fraud?

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

and when did you guys marry? overseas or in the US? how did that one get by immigration?

Timeline:

Sent in I-130 form: 01/29/09

Interview Date: 11/08/09 (APPROVED!)

Visa in Hand: 11/12/09

POE: 01/30/10 (!!!!) at JFK Airport in NYC... can't wait!

Got the green card maybe 8 weeks after 01/30/10...

TBC....

======================================================================

your wife should never go back!!!!!!!!!!!! lots of people over stay and never go back, look at all the mexicans?

if she goes back shell never be allowed to re enter!!!!!!!

Your new. So I'll give the benefit of the doubt that you do not understand the Terms and Conditions of this website. The TOS states that:

"You may not condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method" Infringement of this Term of Service can lead to indefinite suspension from this website.

OP, your wife has put herself in a VERY difficult situation by lying.

No one catches an immigration break because they are pregnant. It's a myth that pregnancy automatically puts you in a better position. You must seek the guidance of an immigration lawyer immediately. When she tries to file for an extension, her immigration status will be brought to the attention of the authorities. Questions about her marital status will be asked.

You need the advice of someone who has dealt with this situation. Her misrepresentation you could ultimately lead to a ban. An overstay could lead to a ban. You need to seek professional help and prepare yourself for the worst.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
your wife should never go back!!!!!!!!!!!! lots of people over stay and never go back, look at all the mexicans?

Your new. So I'll give the benefit of the doubt that you do not understand the Terms and Conditions of this website. The TOS states that:

"You may not condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method" Infringement of this Term of Service can lead to indefinite suspension from this website.

OP, your wife has put herself in a VERY difficult situation by lying.

No one catches an immigration break because they are pregnant. It's a myth that pregnancy automatically puts you in a better position. You must seek the guidance of an immigration lawyer immediately. When she tries to file for an extension, her immigration status will be brought to the attention of the authorities. Questions about her marital status will be asked.

You need the advice of someone who has dealt with this situation. Her misrepresentation you could ultimately lead to a ban. An overstay could lead to a ban. You need to seek professional help and prepare yourself for the worst.

:thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You need to speak to a qualified immigration attorney ASAP to learn your options.

Overstays are mostly forgiven, but if she entered fraudulently that could cause a problem. So don't accumulate overstay days without some proper advice. And that advice should not be solely from VJ members. Speak with an experienced attorney.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Did she state that she was married when she got her visa. If not, I think you should just mention that you got married here and go from there.

I-130/I129f

6/14/2008 Sent to Chicago lockboxt

6/18/2008 received by USCIS

6//27/2008 NOA1

8/14/2009 upgarded the I-130 to immedi Reltive

8/25/2009 send I-129F

9/2/2009 NOA1 for I-129f received

9/10/2009 sent expedite request.

9/16/2009 first Touch since 6/27/2008

9/16 129f and I-130 Approved

9/22 Hard copies received

9/23/2009 NVC received my I29f/K3 still waiting for the I130

9/24 I29f sent to embassy

10/05 NVC case number assigned to my I-130

10/7 received DS3032 and AOS email

10/7 Sent DS-3032 by email and mail.

10/7 paid AOS

10/9/2009 AOS sent

10/9/2009 expedite request accepted, login failed, case sent to the Eabassy

11/22/2009 Interview

11/24/2009 Visa issued

11/29/2009 arrived to the US.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
Did she state that she was married when she got her visa. If not, I think you should just mention that you got married here and go from there.

Yeah, afterall what harm can more lies do to their case, right?

BAD advice.....

Consult with an immigration lawyer PERIOD....

Nothing anyone here can or would say to you can help or fix your situation.

Timeline

Why do people think it is okay to lie to get immigration benefits? #######?

If you are going to answer people's questions, please take time to consider the advice that you are supplying.

To suggest that the OP go on to provide even more inaccurate information to the authorities is very irresponsible of you.

Immigration authorities have extensive resources to hand. This allows them to check the accuracy of the information provided. It would be very foolhardy to give false information from this point on, especially in the light of the misrepresentations that have already been made.

K1

PLEASE SEE MY TIMELINE FOR K1 INFORMATION

AOS complete!

08/21/2009 - AOS package sent

08/28/2009 - NOA 1 for AOS, EAD, AP

08/31/2009 - Cheque cashed

09/05/2009 - Biometrics notice received

09/23/2009 - Biometrics Appointment

09/23/2009 - I-485 Transferred to CSC

10/02/2009 - EAD Approved (card production) & AP approved!

10/11/2009 - EAD Card received

10/20/2009 - AOS approved, GC card production ordered! (53 days in total)

10/26/2009 - Green Card received - nearly 11 months to the day of our K1 NOA 1!

11/25/2009 - Started my new job!

02/26/2010 - Passed my driving test :-p

07/20/2011 - Eligible to remove conditions

2012 - Going for citizenship

09/20/2011 - Removal of conditions submitted to VSC....here we go...again!

It's been a quick and relatively painless journey thanks to tireless research, dumb luck and this community :)

DONE with USCIS for a while :)

mnb0ir.png

Unfortunately that's the world we live in many have the philosophy, "If it doesn't hurt anyone and it benefits me then it's ok".

It's a sad state of affairs.

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: Timeline

1. Be very careful with generalizing and comments like that.

2. You are giving advise on how to break the law; that is against VJ's terms of service. Consider yourself reported.

3. What you suggest as far as reentry is not true. Read before you post.

to the OP: it is much better if your spouse goes home now; to avoid complications and a very likely denial further down the line. Consult an experienced immigration attorney.

Timeline

Unfortunately that's the world we live in many have the philosophy, "If it doesn't hurt anyone and it benefits me then it's ok".

It's a sad state of affairs.

Immigration fraud does hurt people. Government resources devoted to root out fraud is a diversion of resources from other cases. Fraud also results in delays for all of us. There was a Vietnamese fiancee fraud ring in Seattle a few years ago. The result was that the US consulate in HCMC stopped issuing K1 visas for about six months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.