MouadsWife

Do the Research... and whatever else!

302 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Because food is so tasty and delicious! hehehe

Yeah they're deep fried. I believe they're made from masa and some other stuff then fried and they puff up. We have a restaurant here called El Charros that makes them. My fave are the shredded chicken. And the place makes a kick azz margarita, too.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know where you're coming from M4E about the whole unknown thing. However, I've also seen the other side ie when they get here. ####### once you see the other side you're like...what in hell was I whining and moaning about? I wish everyone could see a preview of actually living day to day with their spouses. They'd be celebrating A/P. My husband's out of state for work and I couldn't be having a better time. Haha.

OMG.....:rofl:

My husband went to Morocco for a month. Although I did miss him I can't say life wasn't....er...uh...peaceful :blush: , as well as a clean house. :dance: Having them here does bring on a new set of things to deal with doesn't it?

you got that right sistas :thumbs::whistle::thumbs:

Edited by Sandrila

Tee hee :luv:

I know where you're coming from M4E about the whole unknown thing. However, I've also seen the other side ie when they get here. ####### once you see the other side you're like...what in hell was I whining and moaning about? I wish everyone could see a preview of actually living day to day with their spouses. They'd be celebrating A/P. My husband's out of state for work and I couldn't be having a better time. Haha.

OMG.....:rofl:

My husband went to Morocco for a month. Although I did miss him I can't say life wasn't....er...uh...peaceful :blush: , as well as a clean house. :dance: Having them here does bring on a new set of things to deal with doesn't it?

:o B1tches!!! Bad, bad wives. :jest:

(F) And I just wanted to add, on the topic of original dicussion, that I do hope GOD give you, and all those still waiting, STRENGTH to endure the process, PATIENCE and CONTINUED HOPE. I really believe the "unknown" and black hole of immigration (or AP) is very trying, tiring and at times uncertain, however, as I look back to the same time last year, I felt alot like you did...very upset, hopeless, helpless and longing to be with my loved one.

In retrospect I ask myself....."why I wasted so much energy worrying"...your number will come up and you will be answered.

Unfortunately it is when it is convenient for them.

(F) And I just wanted to add, on the topic of original dicussion, that I do hope GOD give you, and all those still waiting, STRENGTH to endure the process, PATIENCE and CONTINUED HOPE. I really believe the "unknown" and black hole of immigration (or AP) is very trying, tiring and at times uncertain, however, as I look back to the same time last year, I felt alot like you did...very upset, hopeless, helpless and longing to be with my loved one.

In retrospect I ask myself....."why I wasted so much energy worrying"...your number will come up and you will be answered.

I agree but looking back now for me. I realize the adjustment period now that he is here is 10x (if not more) stressful than the actual visa process for me. Yes, it was a waiting game before but when they arrive there is a new set of rules, new style of living, starting a new life all while trying to maintain some kind of normalcy in your own life that you have already built here.

I look back on my old posts, emails and such and realize...this new life is the challenge...just wish someone could have given me a glimpse to prepare me! :devil::innocent: Don't get me wrong, I love our new life together but there are days that I think back to being that carefree single traveling chica doing whatever I wanted when I wanted and think wow, those were the days! :innocent::blush:

I have just learned to enjoy life each day and celebrate the baby steps as they come. Truly knowing the person and constantly communicating is the key and a few weeks/months time together over a year or two doesn't mean diddly-doo when you are then faced with living together day in and day out "forever and ever". JMHO. (F)

Best of luck to all.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

:thumbs: I COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER. I WILL NEVER FORGET THESE FEELINGS AND WAITING 2 1/2 YEARS FOR MY HUSBAND.

Untitled.jpg

There really is no way to honestly compare the 2 IMO.

Absolutely.

I have been separated from my husband, but I have not experienced the loss of a child. Not being able to compare, I guess I should probably just keep my mouth shut. Instinct tells me that putting these two things on the same levels is insulting to those who have lost children, but I guess that's just not always the case. I sincerely hope I never have to experience the loss of a child and my heart goes out to everyone who has. It's hard for me to extend the same kind of sympathy to those in LDR's.

I don't feel that I "bashed" anyone in this thread. I think that goes along with the first post in this thread...it's hard to read intent behind words on the screen. I also don't think there was anything wrong with what doodlebugg said in that other thread.

That said, many people (including myself) could probably self-censor a little bit better sometimes.

That's the thing Jenn, they aren't on the same level, so there really is no comparing the two. I was merely trying to understand the OP's stand point, and that is how I could make sense of it. Perhaps I am way off on my line of interpretation. I don't think you need to keep your mouth shut, but perhaps everyone needs to step back and try to read between the lines. Some people just aren't as articulate in their way of expressing their view point. God knows I have been guilty of that myself.

agreed

some of you really are very thorough, intelligent and articulate in your responses.

I agree but looking back now for me. I realize the adjustment period now that he is here is 10x (if not more) stressful than the actual visa process for me. Yes, it was a waiting game before but when they arrive there is a new set of rules, new style of living, starting a new life all while trying to maintain some kind of normalcy in your own life that you have already built here.

I look back on my old posts, emails and such and realize...this new life is the challenge...just wish someone could have given me a glimpse to prepare me! :devil::innocent: Don't get me wrong, I love our new life together but there are days that I think back to being that carefree single traveling chica doing whatever I wanted when I wanted and think wow, those were the days! :innocent::blush:

I have just learned to enjoy life each day and celebrate the baby steps as they come. Truly knowing the person and constantly communicating is the key and a few weeks/months time together over a year or two doesn't mean diddly-doo when you are then faced with living together day in and day out "forever and ever". JMHO. (F)

Best of luck to all.

very nicely put :thumbs:

without scaring anyone ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I want a puffy taco :P

:whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

To the OP, I couldn't agree with you more. Someone said it was old timers who were miserable people writing these rude posts? Mmm...yeah, maybe (although I don't know everyone's status on here). It is definitely the same people over and over though.

The bottom line is that there is a "clique" here on VJ. You either belong or you don't. I think the best thing is to keep your own personal stuff off this site and just read and learn from others. You can definitely make some very good (and real) friends on here, no doubt. However, trying to show people your point of view, and have them understand your feelings, is a complete waste of time.

I can't imagine what you went through with losing your babies, but I certainly won't judge you about how you feel. Everyone deals with grief differently. I think you're a strong, brave, person to get over this and be functioning normally after such a loss. To be honest, it's better than turning into a psycho that focuses on nothing else other than the negative. So if you've healed from your loss, good for you. As for the wait during this process, I think Lisa's signature says it best. Don't tell others to stop whining or complaining about the wait. I say, complain and whine all you want. It's no one's business to tell you how you should feel.

My husband has been here almost 4 months. I could not be happier. The adjustment phase lasted for a couple of weeks, but the "hassle" was worth it. When your fiance gets here and you marry, if you have a great relationship (like some people here do) then you will see that the long wait and all the stress was worth it. The hurt of being apart from the man you are very in love with is definitely hard...but like I said, when they are here, it is sooooo worth it! :wub:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
My husband has been here almost 4 months. I could not be happier. The adjustment phase lasted for a couple of weeks, but the "hassle" was worth it.

The adjustment phase was only the first two weeks? :unsure: I don't know about anyone else, but it didn't hit my husband until he had been here for 6 months. And it certainly took longer than 2 weeks.

The bottom line is that there is a "clique" here on VJ. You either belong or you don't.

There is a clique here? :unsure: How come nobody told me? :angry:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.